Week 12 GDT - Denver at Oakland - The Get Right or Get Left Behind Game

NightTrainLane

My eyes could have been playing tricks on me, but it seemed as if we were consistently blitzing 5 guys when Lynch was at QB which was why he didn’t have time to complete passes — but when Siemien came into the game, it seemed we started blitzing just 4 and he had more time to make his throws, which in turn led to their 14 points.

i could be wrong, maybe Pagano didn’t do anything differently after Paxton got hurt. One thing’s for sure: This defense will live and die by the pass-rush, so I think we should be blitzing 5 every time the opposing QB drops back to pass.

2 hours ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

My eyes could have been playing tricks on me, but it seemed as if we were consistently blitzing 5 guys when Lynch was at QB which was why he didn’t have time to complete passes — but when Siemien came into the game, it seemed we started blitzing just 4 and he had more time to make his throws, which in turn led to their 14 points.

i could be wrong, maybe Pagano didn’t do anything differently after Paxton got hurt. One thing’s for sure: This defense will live and die by the pass-rush, so I think we should be blitzing 5 every time the opposing QB drops back to pass.

Typically teams play conservative towards the end of games to run out the clock. It's a thing that I think Del Rio does, in fact I think it's a thing defensive minded coaches like to do. I'm not a fan personally because I rather keep my foot on the gas.

In an interview Crab did with the Atlantic (need subscription) says -

He didn't tape his chain to himself, doesn't know where that story came from.

He didn't punch Harris. Said he blocks that way all the time. No ill intent.

Says nothing that happened was premeditated by him and that he has had no problems or history with that female dog wearing #21(my words) before last year's game.

3 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

In an interview Crab did with the Atlantic (need subscription) says -

He didn't tape his chain to himself, doesn't know where that story came from.

He didn't punch Harris. Said he blocks that way all the time. No ill intent.

Says nothing that happened was premeditated by him and that he has had no problems or history with that female dog wearing #21(my words) before last year's game.

LOL.  Talib should have retained his two game suspension.  He was the instigator.

Archived