Week 12 GDT - Denver at Oakland - The Get Right or Get Left Behind Game

NightTrainLane

6 minutes ago, holyghost said:

Why do you seem to love taking a devil's advocate stance against any criticsm of the D? This is a historically awful unit, do you really want to stand behind them?

And I don't know exactly what play you're referring to, as I didn't reference a play. I assume you mean the TD. On the wide open pass where Siemian threw it too far out of bounds, Joseph covered noone and nothing in the middle of the field. Clueless. On the dropped INT, that ends the game. Almost called for unnecessary roughness on 3rd down. He's getting beat in coverage over and over, and it's not just because he's too small to man cover TEs. He does not know what his responsibilities are and has no nose for the ball.

Previous poster mentioned he's strictly a box safety. A 2 down safety in a corner's body is a UDFA, every year you can pick up 10 of them.

If you notice I didn't mention Joseph at all. I was simply pointing out that the offense called a great play to beat our defense.

I agree Joseph was bad in coverage today and this year in general. Maybe just read what was written and don't add your own assumed context to it.

13 minutes ago, holyghost said:

Why do you seem to love taking a devil's advocate stance against any criticsm of the D? This is a historically awful unit, do you really want to stand behind them?

And I don't know exactly what play you're referring to, as I didn't reference a play. I assume you mean the TD. On the wide open pass where Siemian threw it too far out of bounds, Joseph covered noone and nothing in the middle of the field. Clueless. On the dropped INT, that ends the game. Almost called for unnecessary roughness on 3rd down. He's getting beat in coverage over and over, and it's not just because he's too small to man cover TEs. He does not know what his responsibilities are and has no nose for the ball.

Previous poster mentioned he's strictly a box safety. A 2 down safety in a corner's body is a UDFA, every year you can pick up 10 of them.

But to address my tendency to play D.A. with this team in general, I think it's in my nature to want to look at things differently then the crowd or try to see why things happen instead of making a snap judgement or criticism. It is how I was raised and trained in my current profession.

3 hours ago, RaiderX said:

I'd love to know what you would do if someone ripped your helmet off and shoved you and threw a punch at you.

Honestly? I'd stand there, take it, not retaliate, and then clap my hands in his face as he gets tossed from the game and I don't.

But yeah, go the thug route anyway and get tossed from the game. Good for you, I guess.

3 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

If the Raiders were that undisciplined and basically jumped your guys like that you'd feel the same way.

Crabtree sucker punched Chris Harris, who is nothing close to a dirty player or bad guy, on the previous play. That loser deserved worse than he got. 

17 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Crabtree sucker punched Chris Harris, who is nothing close to a dirty player or bad guy, on the previous play. That loser deserved worse than he got. 

when? link me.

I know Harris is the epitome of class though, so he definitely wouldn't help try and incite anything.  Isaiah McKenzie can attest to his character.

4 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

when? link me.

I know Harris is the epitome of class though, so he definitely wouldn't help try and incite anything.  Isaiah McKenzie can attest to his character.

Haha right. Harris is the guy who fought a struggling rookie in practice this week, and made him cry in the locker room.

Yeah he's a Saint. 

12 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Missed most of the game. How did the D do under Pagano?

IMO it looked like we were starting to turn things around.  We had more presnap movement, shifted K. Mack around which freed up D. Autry and B. Irvin to combine for four sacks.  We looked pretty good until T. Siemian came in and scored back to back touchdowns in the fourth.  Pretty sure we just don't have the talent to compete when it comes to our defensive secondary. We seemed out of place and slow to react, Our safety's were beat on one touchdown that was thrown right down the middle of the field. 

If we can keep the Giants and Cowboys to 20 points or less over the next two weeks, I'll start to believe we are really turning things around.  I wouldn't be surprised if E. Manning had his best game of the season against our secondary though.

2 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

@BroncoBruin I've seen some gifs. Crab went at Chris Harris. I don't know if it was provoked or not but it's weaksauce from Crab. SMH.

Just saw the all-22. Looks damning for Crab. Had the air of being intention and sneaky. Of course it can't be told for sure because there is no other angle. 

Archived