Jadeveon Clowney won’t return in 2023

candyman93

You know where to not let the door hit ya.

Oh yeah....Jadaveon....we had the handyman rehang the door.  The hinges are now on the other side.  

Thought you'd appreciate the irony.

$10 million, and you're going to pi$$ and moan? 

Today's episode brought to you by the letters

G

T

H

and 

O!!!

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

He can burn in hell, he is a rat bastard who has no soul.

At least that's the vibe I'm getting from y'all.

How about, thanks for everything, good luck the rest of your career. I hope we beat you when we face you.

I have no ill feelings about him personally and wish him nothing but the best.

As a player on the team I root for I don’t like his self centered remarks leading up to the final game.  I haven’t enjoyed his disinterested play style at times over the last two season.  I don’t care for the history of having an overinflated sense of his value.

I didn’t think I needed to actually type out the differentiation.

There are a lot of things to not like about Woods or the defense, but putting Myles in favorable matchups over Clowney is certainly not one of them. I thought Clowney generally played well while here, but agreed with the other posts. Dude really thinks his yit don't stink. Peace out

Man I was hoping they could keep him at a better price for 2 years.  He would be a great head of a rotation guy. 

Also I wish he kept that to himself but he had a reason to say it and figured his bank account means he doesn’t have to kiss Berrys ring. 

Dude is a player that played here for 2 years and played well. We all wish the sack numbers were higher but he isn’t that guy. But he puts a ton of pressure on the QB and sets the edge so he does his job. I thought you were all fans of quiet quitting??

Clowney could have said nothing, and moved on from the team next year.  I am curious as to why he was so outspoken about it.  Maybe the writing was on the wall, and the Browns had no intentions of trying to bring him back?  Regardless, he played pretty good while he was here.  He seemed to be hurt quite a bit, which plagued him before he got to Cleveland.  Hopefully we can fill that void via draft or FA, and a guy like Wright steps up next year.

34 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Clowney could have said nothing, and moved on from the team next year.  I am curious as to why he was so outspoken about it.  Maybe the writing was on the wall, and the Browns had no intentions of trying to bring him back?  Regardless, he played pretty good while he was here.  He seemed to be hurt quite a bit, which plagued him before he got to Cleveland.  Hopefully we can fill that void via draft or FA, and a guy like Wright steps up next year.

Some other comments that he’s made are some pretty transparent insecurities in regards to how Myles has done and has been used as well, aside from taking shots at the coaching staff. I think he’s got some learning to do about being a professional. He’s not the only one, but comments like this don’t do anything to help you. Trashing your employer on the way out the door and showing envy about coworkers is pretty much never the right thing to do. As someone once said, “The best revenge is a life well lived.”

He would have been best to go elsewhere, use this as motivation, balled out, and cashed a nice payday. He and his injury history is as much at fault as anything else. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, JDD said:

Man I was hoping they could keep him at a better price for 2 years.  He would be a great head of a rotation guy. 

Sure, I agree with that. 

Also I wish he kept that to himself but he had a reason to say it and figured his bank account means he doesn’t have to kiss Berrys ring. 

He’s never had to kiss Berry’s ring.  Hes been a UFA the last two years and chose to play here both times.  If he had what he viewed as better offers I’m guessing he’d have taken them.

Dude is a player that played here for 2 years and played well. We all wish the sack numbers were higher but he isn’t that guy. But he puts a ton of pressure on the QB and sets the edge so he does his job.

That’s a fair assessment.  But also, if you’re a guy who’s not gonna get sacks and is primarily a run defender, maybe don’t get arsed up when coaches try to put one of the half dozen best pass rushers in the league in favorable positions.

I thought you were all fans of quiet quitting??

It’s not quiet when you tell it to reporters before the final game.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Clowney could have said nothing, and moved on from the team next year.  

That’s really all I think anyone expects at this point.  There’s one game left, and it’s a reasonably big one.  Just go play and then thank folks, give hugs, clean out your locker and move on.

But also, imagine being a DE who’s eeked out half a sack since week 2 and being butthurt because you’re not being given prime pass rush opportunities over arguably the best pass rusher in the league. Like just the smallest bit of self awareness would be cool.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Some other comments that he’s made are some pretty transparent insecurities in regards to how Myles has done and has been used as well, aside from taking shots at the coaching staff.

He comes across as delusional with his comments. “The Browns have their guys and I’m not one of them… they don’t want me to outplay anybody…”.  Pal, even as a fan I can assure you everyone would be delighted for you to outplay Garrett at his current level. We’d have the most dominant pass rush in the league lol.  And even if we couldn’t afford to retain him after his incredible production, the bag he’d get in UFA would work out well in the comp formula.

I think he’s got some learning to do about being a professional. He’s not the only one, but comments like this don’t do anything to help you. Trashing your employer on the way out the door and showing envy about coworkers is pretty much never the right thing to do. As someone once said, “The best revenge is a life well lived.”

Doubling down on this, even if you do decide to do it you’d better not be wrong.  Whether he likes it for himself or not is debatable, but the game plan on Sunday was sound.  It generated pressure, allowed Wentz to generate turnovers lol and led to 10 points allowed.

It wasn’t a matter of being underutilized or misused to the detriment of the team, it’s a matter of “**** team success if I’m not getting mine”.

Woods has been bad most of the year, but Sunday he actually did what we’ve all been begging for all season.

He would have been best to go elsewhere, use this as motivation, balled out, and cashed a nice payday. He and his injury history is as much at fault as anything else. 

Yep.

• Like 2