Jadeveon Clowney won’t return in 2023

candyman93

We don't have the resources to get "dudes." We are going to be getting solid, if we're lucky.

I also don't like this EDGE class. It's not very good, nor is it deep. We can bring in an experimental pass rusher, but I think we will be relegated to getting a starter in FA, unless we're rolling with Alex Wright (which isn't disgustingly awful).

My plan for DE:

***Sign Clellin Ferrell to start at LDE.
-underwhelmed his whole career, but is a technically sound DE that plays hard and does the little things he's asked. Still has untapped potential.

***Draft either Felix Anudike-Uzomah in R2 or Will McDonald in R3/R4.
-FAU is a freaky athlete probably on his way to the 1st round. If he slides, he's our guy. McDonald is very toolsy, but very light in the pants to play LDE. He'd be a rotational RDE. FAU could conceivably play both Strong and Weak End due to his strength and frame.

***Sign UDFA Nick Figueroa
-Effort player with sub NFL athleticism, but can set an edge and will be loved by the coaches and fans for his effort.

Depth Chart 2023:

LE: Clellin Ferrell/Alex Wright/Nick Figueroa

RE: Myles Garrett/Will McDonald/Isaiah Thomas

^^^^
that's a healthy room of pass rushers for a team on a strict budget.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

We don't have the resources to get "dudes." We are going to be getting solid, if we're lucky.

I also don't like this EDGE class. It's not very good, nor is it deep. We can bring in an experimental pass rusher, but I think we will be relegated to getting a starter in FA, unless we're rolling with Alex Wright (which isn't disgustingly awful).

My plan for DE:

***Sign Clellin Ferrell to start at LDE.
-underwhelmed his whole career, but is a technically sound DE that plays hard and does the little things he's asked. Still has untapped potential.

***Draft either Felix Anudike-Uzomah in R2 or Will McDonald in R3/R4.
-FAU is a freaky athlete probably on his way to the 1st round. If he slides, he's our guy. McDonald is very toolsy, but very light in the pants to play LDE. He'd be a rotational RDE. FAU could conceivably play both Strong and Weak End due to his strength and frame.

***Sign UDFA Nick Figueroa
-Effort player with sub NFL athleticism, but can set an edge and will be loved by the coaches and fans for his effort.

Depth Chart 2023:

LE: Clellin Ferrell/Alex Wright/Nick Figueroa

RE: Myles Garrett/Will McDonald/Isaiah Thomas

^^^^
that's a healthy room of pass rushers for a team on a strict budget.

I’m free agency I just want to sign a guy like DJ Chark to fill our need at WR.

Then spend every single draft pick on the front 7.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Mike Tomlin was the dude I first hear use the volunteers not hostages line and it’s 100% correct. Some dudes are irreplaceable, he’s not one.

To his other point, that’s just part of being a grown *** man.  If you have a problem with someone, say it their face respectfully and come to an understanding.  Most problems can be worked through to a point that makes everyone happy.

Letting your arse ache privately and then talking out of turn to the media doesn’t fix problems.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m free agency I just want to sign a guy like DJ Chark to fill our need at WR.

Then spend every single draft pick on the front 7.

Of wide receivers cost anything close to what they did last year I’m cool, draft a guy.

I want some dudes who know how to set a tone and can lead a locker room.  You can never have enough dudes that can lead others, lead by example, take coaching and constructive criticism, give effort and hold others accountable.

Not sayin we don’t have any of those guys, but we could use more.  Gimme a couple of those guys along the front 7.

8 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Is it still possible to get comp picks for jackwagons?

Maybe he "coaxes" a solid contract out of his next club, and we pick up a 5th or 6th?

Absolutely.  He was sent home, not cut.  He’ll be on the team until he’s an UFA and then he gets factored into the comp formula.

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

He’s cutting off his nose to spite his face in the long run.

Yeah he doesn’t seem to understand how this may come off to other teams.  Not saying he won’t get a contract offer, he will, but I’d be surprised if it’s a big deal from a competitive team.

He can either let a team roll the dice on him at a bargain rate or he can take the biggest bag he can get from a team with plenty of cash.

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Peace out Clowney. If only we could all suffer through such adversity and tribulation as he has. 

It really does just seem so minor and petty.  “I had to line up a couple yards away from where I wanted to”.

He could have literally waited like 4 days and said this ish after Pittsburgh.  Or not at all and just moved on. Or not at all and played the waiting game to see if the coaches he had issues with are even gonna be here next season.

• Like 1