Jadeveon Clowney won’t return in 2023

candyman93

2 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

I guess the odds just went up from 95% to 100%

Idk, there’s a lot of time between now and then.  If we get a new coaching staff, if he doesn’t find the FA market to be what he’s expecting for like the 5th straight offseason, whatever else…

The whole thing was just so unnecessary.

22 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s literally what it sounds like he objected to lol 

His edge rushing was awful, his only sack this year from the edge position was a reach out where he plucked the ball out week 1 or two. 

He got prressure instantly over center. 

Jesus I get having self confidence and feeling like you’re capable of being great, but thinking you’re an equal player to Garrett is absolutely delusional.

The were perhaps equal as prospects in terms of athleticism, hype, etc., but Clowney seems to have never moved beyond his view of himself as a prospect.  As an actual NFL player he’s a second banana as a DE and has been his whole career. Garrett is the best 4-3 base end in the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

clowney is a top 15....  number 2 DE

Myles is a top 2 no.1 DE.

Both are 6'5" and run fast. 

Sorry disagree with 2 sacks he is probably like in the 60s for a defensive end earning 13 million a year another Berry's genius signing.

Now I believe we will be charged 10

Million against are salary Cap. 

26 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Sorry disagree with 2 sacks he is probably like in the 60s for a defensive end earning 13 million a year another Berry's genius signing.

Over the next few years we will be. I think it's like 1.6 million for the next 4 years. His base salary this year was less than 2 million and overall including bonuses was under 4.

I really wish the NFL would stop allowing voided years, it's just dumb and ethically cheating. It's different in baseball where there is no cap.

Also, I'm cool with eliminating the salary cap. It's the NFL, with the shared team revenue there isn't really an issue with small market teams compared to most sports.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Over the next few years we will be. I think it's like 1.6 million for the next 4 years. His base salary this year was less than 2 million and overall including bonuses was under 4.

I really wish the NFL would stop allowing voided years, it's just dumb and ethically cheating. It's different in baseball where there is no cap.

Also, I'm cool with eliminating the salary cap. It's the NFL, with the shared team revenue there isn't really an issue with small market teams compared to most sports.

Excellent point thank you for clarification. 

But no matter what he is atleast a starter in this league Berry has not drafted 1 average starter on the defensive line ever.

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

He is good against the run though