NFL announces scenarios for a neutral site AFC Championship

TheRealMcCoy

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Yeah. It seems like the Bengals are the ones that got absolutely hosed in this. 

Agreed. Can’t be the 1 (though even if they had beat Buffalo they needed help) and chances of being 2 aren’t great IMO.

And despite being division champs they can’t rest guys because they aren’t guaranteed a home playoff game. 

I'm cool with this.  I know it isn't perfect, but the NFL was in a tough spot.  And the fact that in the NFL Gen alone, you had like multiple people supporting 4 different ideas should tell you all you need to know about the position the league was in.

Hopefully it will never come down to this again but as it stands it was about as good as can be expected.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Probably my Chiefs colored glass on but this is the only part I don’t agree with.

I think in either situation the site should be neutral because otherwise it’s basically assuming that Buffalo would have beat the Bengals.

The Bengals game is irrelevant in this scenario. 

Buffalo would be 13-3 and the Chiefs 13-4. Buffalo has the head to head even if they had lost to Cincy

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Bengals would be crowned division champs, regardless of coin toss. So they may not get the home game in the playoffs, but they do get the lower draft position, the privilege of playing a first place schedule next year and uh... baseball caps and t-shirts!

Bengals should be angered by this proposal, TBH. They deserve better for how they handled all of this.

nfl is secretly livid that Zac Taylor ignored their order to begin warming up to resume in 5 minutes, instead offering a mutual walkoff to Sean McDermott.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Probably my Chiefs colored glass on but this is the only part I don’t agree with.

I think in either situation the site should be neutral because otherwise it’s basically assuming that Buffalo would have beat the Bengals.

i think the seasoning in comparing BUF and CIN is that they have played the same number of games, so comparing them in this situation BUF is 1 game ahead and would be the higher seed.  

Assuming either team would have won that game becomes problematic

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

honestly, if it was determined the game could not be resumed, it would've been simpler to just give them both a tie than all this mumbo jumbo nonsense.

what does giving BUF and CIN a tie as the end point of their game actually solve?