2K22: AFC Championship Game vs Cincinnati

onejayhawk

ESPN used to have a picker named Norm "The Pole" Hizgis. One of his truisms was that the hardest thing for a fan to grasp is when an ugly mutt turns into an attack dog. That is Cincinnati, obviously, but more specifically their defense. Last Sunday the Bengals played Buffalo in the the cold and snow, Buffalo's comfort zone, and snuff the offense like a candle.

If you asked me to name players, I would get S Bates and DE Hendrickson who are good and Eli Apple who has a big mouth. After that I would get Hubbard and Bell if you mentioned them but that's about it from a top 10 defense in points allowed, top five in passing yards. Burrow and company are good but let's not overlook the other side of the ball. 

Reader and Wilson are in the very good/elite tier also.   Plus Hilton and Pratt are just very solid players.   The Front 7 and safeties are very good.    There’s a reason we have struggled against them and they’re ranked.  Really their weakness is outside, but they also do a very good job of understanding that’s where their weakness is and adjusting coverages to combat this. 

Ready for tomorrow, should be a great game. 

I'm a little surprised we activated Fortson with that massive brace he's been wearing. Would be nice if he's able to contribute. I'm assuming he takes Lammons roster spot, who we strangely cut and was claimed by the Bengals.

I doubt Kemp is inactive this week since we'll need his veteran presence on ST.

Still hoping that Smith-Marsette gets thrown a pass or two or put back as the returner. But I doubt it.