Season over?

TL-TwoWinsAway

53 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

I can somewhat agree with this but at the same time the lions have had a great chance to win the division just to piss it away.

im happy that we’ve made the playoffs more than we have previously but I’m still not happy with the end result. We backed our way into the playoffs last year and if we make it this year it will essentially be the same.

I don't disagree that we entered the playoffs on a losing streak last year, but we closed the season out against three legitimate playoff teams.  Had those games happened earlier in the season, and we finished on a three game winning streak, with the same results against the same opponents, I don't think it would've suddenly given us momentum.

I think our position right now is similar.  If we finish the season on a 5-0 run, some will say that we entered the playoffs surging.  In reality, we just happened to have five mediocre opponents scheduled to close the season.

I think its over honestly. We're in no position at all to take the division. We need more than help, we need a collapse. A Viking fallout.

An for the playoffs, the wildcard. Lions aren't in great shape. The only thing you can say is they're in better shape than most that are technically not out of the race but they're not in a good or comfortable position. Carolina, Atlanta, and the Seahawks/Rams are all in the race and looks like they have a good shot or better chance than the Lions of getting that wild card. While I'll agree our schedule down the road is favorable, to teams like Carolian, Atlanta, an EVEN N.O. if they fall out of first Lions hold no tie breakers over, not sure they even have one over the Rams or Seahawks but I'll have to double check.

Even so what does it really matter now if they squeak in. Don't compare them to the Giants cause as teams there's nothing comparable outside of squeaking in the playoffs. This is a bad team with a good QB who's holding them right now above water but we seen what this team really is vs good teams time and time again. There is a history and pattern.

Season is over for me an honestly I do understand why this place is rather QUITE... it's because no one believes for long or keep faith for any amount of time in a season. Suppose I'll see most of you all around draft time again.

My post assumed that the Rams and Panthers make the playoffs as the 3rd and 5th seeds.  The two teams we're competing against for the 6th seed, the Falcons and the Seahawks, have nearly identical records and vastly harder schedules.  I don't see how we aren't in good shape.

Lastly, we're more than just a 'good' quarterback.  We have a top 10 QB with outstanding skill players in Tate and M.Jones, a pretty good offensive line (with Decker getting back to form), an above-average defense and great special teams.  Losing Ngata has been brutal, but we're able to compete with legitimate teams.  Stafford is on the verge of emerging as a top 5 QB, and the playoffs have a knack for bringing that out in a player.

48 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Season is over for me an honestly I do understand why this place is rather QUITE... it's because no one believes for long or keep faith for any amount of time in a season. Suppose I'll see most of you all around draft time again.

I've got to ask: did you think that the season was over before the Thanksgiving game?

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 6:27 PM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I've got to ask: did you think that the season was over before the Thanksgiving game?

No, but they had a shot at the division which is the only way I think we are getting into the playoffs. Also, because Aaron Rodgers is hurt and gone most of this season, I expected a division title but we're not even the 2nd best team in the division so even with and Aaron Rodger-less Packers, Lions, Still can't win the division so I have to ask myself logically, as a fan too, when will this team ever win anything? Am I completely wasting my time and effort expecting wins, playoffs, and possibly in my life time a championship? The answer seems to be a overwhelming yes.

You are welcome to hold on to the small glimmer of light that exists for our playoff birth, just like it does still for Green Bay and there fans technically, but we're all but gone man. Lions aren't good at anything outside of QB and when he struggles you see what type of team this is. They aren't good. Pages are quickly begging to turn around this whole organization again...

Idc what the schedule looks like no game is a give me with the Lions.

Oh.  Well, if you're ignoring schedules, then absolutely... you'd have no reason to think that the season isn't over.  Of course, if we happen to win 11 games this year, and won our first 11 by beating our lesser opponents, you'd be strapped to the bandwagon.

Schedules matter.  And here they are:

Falcons (7-4):

Vikings

Saints

Bucs

Saints

Panthers

Seahawks (7-4):

Eagles

Jaguars

Rams

Cowboys

Cardinals

Lions (6-5):

Ravens

Bucs

Bears

Bengals

Packers

Feel free to jump off, ignoring all available factors.  Just don't be shocked at the end if/when the Lions beat their bad opponents, our competition loses to playoff teams, and we find ourselves in as the 6th seed.

2 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Oh.  Well, if you're ignoring schedules, then absolutely... you'd have no reason to think that the season isn't over.  Of course, if we happen to win 11 games this year, and won our first 11 by beating our lesser opponents, you'd be strapped to the bandwagon.

Schedules matter.  And here they are:

Falcons (7-4):

Vikings

Saints

Bucs

Saints

Panthers

Seahawks (7-4):

Eagles

Jaguars

Rams

Cowboys

Cardinals

Lions (6-5):

Ravens

Bucs

Bears

Bengals

Packers

Feel free to jump off, ignoring all available factors.  Just don't be shocked at the end if/when the Lions beat their bad opponents, our competition loses to playoff teams, and we find ourselves in as the 6th seed.

You talk about ignoring all factors but the only thing your looking at are schedules.....

1 hour ago, Rockcity2 said:

You talk about ignoring all factors but the only thing your looking at are schedules.....

Ironically, me looking at "just" schedules is more than what most are doing, which is only looking at records and clinging to depressed over-exaggerations.

Of course, this would be a great time for you to use those "other factors" as a counter-argument instead of just mentioning them like they prove some sort of point.

6 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Ironically, me looking at "just" schedules is more than what most are doing, which is only looking at records and clinging to depressed over-exaggerations.

Of course, this would be a great time for you to use those "other factors" as a counter-argument instead of just mentioning them like they prove some sort of point.

I already said my feelings...in a nutshell we just aren't good enough and this coach is a handicap..have you watched every game this year? How can you say yep this one's a win...we almost lost to the flippn browns..kiser looked like a flippn probowler. 

9 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

I already said my feelings...in a nutshell we just aren't good enough and this coach is a handicap..have you watched every game this year? How can you say yep this one's a win...we almost lost to the flippn browns..kiser looked like a flippn probowler. 

So you hate Austin?

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

You don't hate Austin, but you hate how offensive players play against Austin's personnel and scheme?  I'm guessing you hate Quinn then?

It's all average

Pretty much why we are average

I'm not following the austin stuff..this D gets off balance so easy..rarely go for the kill .. predictable . 

6 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

It's all average

Pretty much why we are average

I'm not following the austin stuff..this D gets off balance so easy..rarely go for the kill .. predictable . 

You hate Caldwell but don't hate Austin or Quinn.  In the same breath, you get mad at Caldwell when the personnel Quinn acquires, or schemes that Austin employs, are unsuccessful?

Who's responsible for the record of the team?  Who gets credit for two playoff appearances over the last three years?

Archived