Season over?

TL-TwoWinsAway

2 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

You hate Caldwell but don't hate Austin or Quinn.  In the same breath, you get mad at Caldwell when the personnel Quinn acquires, or schemes that Austin employs, are unsuccessful?

Who's responsible for the record of the team?  Who gets credit for two playoff appearances over the last three years?

Ya man I would change a lot of things if I ran it.

Record? I'm not about just getting there. 

We have a qb that's wins there..member all the comebacks

I just don't wanna stay average year in and year out. Ya we might make the po might not and do nothing when we get there and you can tell we wont..

"Professional " people that can't find their 100 million dollar qb a run game a ol.. It's getting old 

Tell me the identity of this team and there's your record

2 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

Ya man I would change a lot of things if I ran it.

Record? I'm not about just getting there. 

We have a qb that's wins there..member all the comebacks

I just don't wanna stay average year in and year out. Ya we might make the po might not and do nothing when we get there and you can tell we wont..

"Professional " people that can't find their 100 million dollar qb a run game a ol.. It's getting old 

Tell me the identity of this team and there's your record

You believe that this team is average.  Caldwell has taken this average team to the playoffs in two of the past three years, and could very well do it this year.  Yet all I hear is hate towards Caldwell, as if he deserves credit for the bad and nothing for the good.

Caldwell is far from perfect, but he's a pretty good coach who has this team competing.  Blowing things up and starting all over seems foolish.

11 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

You believe that this team is average.  Caldwell has taken this average team to the playoffs in two of the past three years, and could very well do it this year.  Yet all I hear is hate towards Caldwell, as if he deserves credit for the bad and nothing for the good.

Caldwell is far from perfect, but he's a pretty good coach who has this team competing.  Blowing things up and starting all over seems foolish.

IMO the team didn’t make it to the playoffs because of Caldwell and didn’t make it to the playoffs in spite of Caldwell. I think Caldwell is a fairly average coach. 

I think the biggest thing that brought the lions to the playoffs was Stafford. Without Stafford, this is a bad football team. 

38 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

IMO the team didn’t make it to the playoffs because of Caldwell and didn’t make it to the playoffs in spite of Caldwell. I think Caldwell is a fairly average coach. 

I think the biggest thing that brought the lions to the playoffs was Stafford. Without Stafford, this is a bad football team. 

Although possibly true, this team wasn't making the playoffs consistently with Stafford pre-Caldwell.  I can't ignore the possibility that Caldwell deserves some amount of credit for the team's success.

But my point is really this: after a loss, so many claim Caldwell is bad and want him fired.  I don't understand why he deserves all of the blame for losing and absolutely no credit for our uncharacteristic recent success.

2 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Although possibly true, this team wasn't making the playoffs consistently with Stafford pre-Caldwell.  I can't ignore the possibility that Caldwell deserves some amount of credit for the team's success.

But my point is really this: after a loss, so many claim Caldwell is bad and want him fired.  I don't understand why he deserves all of the blame for losing and absolutely no credit for our uncharacteristic recent success.

So what we made the playoffs...we got lucky as hell one year..i don't see this as success like you do. Go out and win me a division title that you been handed to you the last few years..he can't and idt ever will. Caldwell globs on to good qbs he himself had done nothing game changing maybe lose it that's about it

Tell me how Caldwell makes this team better

3 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

So what we made the playoffs...we got lucky as hell one year..i don't see this as success like you do. Go out and win me a division title that you been handed to you the last few years..he can't and idt ever will. Caldwell globs on to good qbs he himself had done nothing game changing maybe lose it that's about it

Tell me how Caldwell makes this team better

When the defense struggles, you blame Caldwell.  When the personnel is lacking, you blame Caldwell.  When the team is successful, you refuse to consider that Caldwell might be part of the equation.  I'm guessing you want me to quantify a Caldwell's impact on this football team, and wins clearly aren't something he gets credit for.  Fine.  Here goes. 

[Category: rating (NFL rank).]

Discipline: 92 (2nd).  Easily one of Caldwell's best traits, and his highest ranking here.  Caldwell preaches appropriate decision-making and accountability, which is reflected by the play of those on the roster.

Coachspeak: 91 (5th).  Caldwell is a master of the typical coaching responses, good for frequent and well-placed "that's on coaching", "we'll check the tape", "we played a good football team" responses.  Truly a gem to watch at the podium.

Coaching Staff: 90 (3rd).  Caldwell has assembled what is undeniably one of the best coaching staffs in the NFL.  JBC and Austin have emerged as outstanding coordinators, while other personnel in the group play key and influential roles.  Special recognition must be paid to Marciano, who is coaching one of the top ST units in the NFL right now.

Composure: 87 (6th).  Impressive rating here for Caldwell, but it shouldn't surprise those familiar with the team.  Caldwell's teams are able to stay focused and handle diversity as well as the top teams in the league.

Motivation: 85 (8th).  Another strong rating.  Players respect and enjoy playing for Caldwell, which keeps them playing at or near their personal best week in and week out.

Resting Coach Face: 81 (12th).  Not among the NFL elite, but Caldwell's ability to maintain the same good scowl throughout both success and failure is underrated league-wide.  The occasional late-game grin and corresponding fist pump make for an exciting change of pace.

Time Management: 79 (16th).  Definitely middle of the road here, but the numbers show that Caldwell's clock management is solid; far from elite, but not a glaring weakness.  A handful of clutch, late-game clock decisions are often overshadowed by blind fan hate.

Coaching Decisions: 74 (18th).  Outside of appearance, this is Caldwell's biggest weakness.  His insistence on punting late in close games is actually a strength, and keeps this rating out of the 60s, but a number of poor 4th down decisions and unwise challenges drops this rating significantly.

Appearance: 65 (27th).  Caldwell lacks in this department.  I prefer my coach throw a suit on every now and then, and the baldness could use an occasional cap.  He rocks the winter gear, though, and the quality 'stache keeps him over 60.

Overall rating: 83 (8th).  Caldwell finishes with an overall rating of 83, which ranks him as the 8th best coach in the NFL right now.  It's no wonder that Quinn decided to keep him around for the foreseeable future.  A definite asset to this football team.

Coaching impact quantified.  Come at me bro.

18 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

Can't manage a game but dam he sure can make a mean face...really

Not buying the gamemangement thing either and the plays he refuses to challenge 

His game management is middle of the league.  Of course, let's ignore motivation, discipline, composure and his coaching staff.  And you don't see an issue with that?

44 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

His game management is middle of the league.  Of course, let's ignore motivation, discipline, composure and his coaching staff.  And you don't see an issue with that?

Motivation ya we come to play...we always seem to start slow

Discipline  ya who when

Composure ya you mean coma..

Coaches yep AVERAGE

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Why do you refuse to give Caldwell any credit whatsoever?

Because he keeps blowing it..

Ask colts fans how they feel about him.. especially when the didn't have Payton.

I already see where this is going with him.

Quin better be one hell of a drafter

Archived