Would you rather...

Kiwibrown

Would you rather...  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather

• 5 hof players on your team have amazing careers over a decade. No Superbowl.
    • One Superbowl, no star players and no hof players, mediocre results for a decade

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

I mean, yeah, it can be worse in reality lol. But if someone said the Lions win a SB, but it’s guaranteed they play like trash for the next decade - you’d trade that? They’re finally on the come up.

I know people generally say they would, and it’s probably different since I haven’t had to live with a lifetime of the pain, but teams turn things around all the time. At least if you have a chance there’s something to hope for vs the guaranteed decade drought. Shrug.

Can I have it in like, year 4 or 5 instead of frontloading it like that? 😄

I think I'd still go SB. It'd be Detroit's first, and their first championship since 1957

On 1/9/2023 at 11:14 PM, mse326 said:

Can I challenge the premise? What team has 5 Hof players and no super bowl. If there any examples (and I mean having them for a decade give or take and at a still strong point in their careers)

2012 49ers with some asterisks probably fits this: 
Patrick Willis - He will get in, the fact that he hasn't yet is silly to me
Frank Gore - He should get in
Justin Smith - I think he eventually gets in
*Navorro Bowman - I'm not sure he gets in, but was playing at that level before his devastating knee injury
*Aldon Smith - Absolutely would have had a HOF career if not for his off-field issues and was definitely playing like a HOFer - Both Joe Staley and Trent Williams said he was the toughest guy they have faced in their career. 
*Joe Staley - Might be the hall of very good

On 1/10/2023 at 1:14 AM, mse326 said:

Can I challenge the premise? What team has 5 Hof players and no super bowl. If there any examples (and I mean having them for a decade give or take and at a still strong point in their careers)

The 1990s Bills come to mind

Kelly, Thomas, Smith, Reed, Lofton

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

Lofton was way passed his prime. He maybe one decent season with them. I don't think that qualifies to meet what I take the question as.

Cornelius Bennett was a semi-finalists for the HOF in 2021. Not quite there but close enough to at least use as an example.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

Lofton was way passed his prime. He maybe one decent season with them. I don't think that qualifies to meet what I take the question as.

Aside from the other semi-finalists like Bennett, that’s literally 5 HOF players, 4 of whom were in their prime. You didn’t like my answer but I’m absolutely correct.

53 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Aside from the other semi-finalists like Bennett, that’s literally 5 HOF players, 4 of whom were in their prime. You didn’t like my answer but I’m absolutely correct.

Certainly works well enough to use an an example of a stacked team that won on a lot of Sunday afternoon's but failed to win a championship.

Now we just need the other example for people to use. The 85 Bears? They had a few really good seasons in the 80s but if we went from 1976-1985 it could work. The issue being it was an all-time great team.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Certainly works well enough to use an an example of a stacked team that won on a lot of Sunday afternoon's but failed to win a championship.

Now we just need the other example for people to use. The 85 Bears? They had a few really good seasons in the 80s but if we went from 1976-1985 it could work. The issue being it was an all-time great team.

The 60s and 70s Vikings too.

Page, Grant, Eller, Tarkinton, Finks, Tingelhoffe, Yary, and Krause.

• Like 1