2023 Draft Prospects (Google Sheets) - New 2024 QB Worksheet

Karnage84

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zvydrKYPj9hIuMllT-TRB9FxQBlnNdAzTRkIQVEmtfI/edit?usp=sharing

I've pulled together some information from PFF. I build the list from various draft sites listing different guys. Someone may be going back to school while another may have declared that's not currently on this list. 

Cornerbacks

Since we're absolutely going to be looking to add someone (or multiple guys) to our secondary. 

• Main categories: Overall, Run Defense, Coverage (Yellow means they're above average on all three categories)
  • Man grade vs Zone Grade
  • Secondary Categories: Missed Tackles, Reception %, TD/Target %, Interception/Target %, PBU/Target %
  • Snap counts and % of snaps at WCB, SCB, SS, FS

I'll be adding Defensive Tackle, Edge and Safety shortly. 

Edited by Karnage84

37 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zvydrKYPj9hIuMllT-TRB9FxQBlnNdAzTRkIQVEmtfI/edit?usp=sharing

I've pulled together some information from PFF. I build the list from various draft sites listing different guys. Someone may be going back to school while another may have declared that's not currently on this list. 

Cornerbacks

Since we're absolutely going to be looking to add someone (or multiple guys) to our secondary. 

• Main categories: Overall, Run Defense, Coverage (Yellow means they're above average on all three categories)
  • Secondary Categories: Missed Tackles, Reception %, TD/Target %, Interception/Target %, PBU/Target %

Rising CB prospect who I really  like:  Devon Witherspoon.  He may be thin-framed but he has really good speed and athleticism.  His football IQ is really high also.  I have seen him mocked as high as 15 but seems to be likely to go between 20-30 at this point.  However, he will probably test really well and see his stock rise as the draft gets closer.  He seems like the kind of player Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell would want on the roster.

1 minute ago, Just Want A Title said:

Rising CB prospect who I really  like:  Devon Witherspoon.  He may be thin-framed but he has really good speed and athleticism.  His football IQ is really high also.  I have seen him mocked as high as 15 but seems to be likely to go between 20-30 at this point.  However, he will probably test really well and see his stock rise as the draft gets closer.  He seems like the kind of player Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell would want on the roster.

I'm starting to look at Christian Gonzalez more and more. Mekhi Blackmon is someone that surprised me and warrants a closer look although he's a smaller guy too. 

I am also getting on board the Brian Branch train. I think he could potentially be SCB1 for me over Antonio Johnson. 

44 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm starting to look at Christian Gonzalez more and more. Mekhi Blackmon is someone that surprised me and warrants a closer look although he's a smaller guy too. 

I am also getting on board the Brian Branch train. I think he could potentially be SCB1 for me over Antonio Johnson. 

He has all the physical tools you could want in a CB.  The only knock I have heard on Christian Gonzalez is that he isn't a great tackler.  THe question is whether it was the scheme he was playing or if he is a CB who isn't physical in run-support and tackling.

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

Cornerbacks

Can't access the doc

39 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

He has all the physical tools you could want in a CB.  The only knock I have heard on Christian Gonzalez is that he isn't a great tackler.  THe question is whether it was the scheme he was playing or if he is a CB who isn't physical in run-support and tackling.

He has a 4.29% missed tackle rate on 45 tackles (3 missed). This is tied for the 3rd lowest missed tackle percentage out of 40 CB's. He has a 75.9 run defense grade from PFF, which is above average. 

8 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Cornerbacks

Jordan Battle?

5 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

He has a 4.29% missed tackle rate on 45 tackles (3 missed). This is tied for the 3rd lowest missed tackle percentage out of 40 CB's. He has a 75.9 run defense grade from PFF, which is above average. 

I don't think its about missed tackles.  It was more along the lines of him giving the impression that he is not going to wow people in run-game support.  That is not uncommon with college CBs.  His defensive scheme might have impacted that assessment.  It might be a little over-blown but it is something to look at a little more closely.  Personally, I don't think it is too big of a deal.  

Edited by Just Want A Title

1 minute ago, Just Want A Title said:

I don't think its about missed tackles.  It was more along the lines of him giving the impression that he is not going to wow people in run-game support.  That is not uncommon with college CBs.  His defensive scheme might have impacted that assessment.  It might be a little over-blown but it is something to look at a little more closely.

I only use this stuff to try and identify things/players and then take a closer look. I think there's draft guides with like 1,000 draft eligible guys. Unless you're in this business, it's just unrealistic to be able to watch a lot of these guys and know them with any level of depth. 

Anthony Johnson of Viriginia is someone that I didn't know much about and he's intriguing. Watching the little film I can find on him, he looks to be a bit slow. 

Just now, Louis Friend said:

I've been high on Battle since last season. I was surprised when he didn't enter the draft last season. I think he could be in play with our 2nd rd pick. 

He looks to be more of a FS than a SS, which I think is more of our need. I'm personally leaning more towards Brian Branch as I think we need someone that's solid against the run