2023 Draft Prospects (Google Sheets) - New 2024 QB Worksheet

Karnage84

I was reading an article on the NFLPA Bowl and they discussed USF tackle DeMontrey Jacobs.  Check out the details of his measurables:

"Jacobs measured in at 6’6″ and 304 pounds. He also had 11-inch hands, 37-inch arms, and an 85-inch wingspan. I will definitely be revisiting his tape soon."

His arm-length and wingspan are like something out of Madden.  I think Hank Fraley would love to have the opportunity to coach someone with his physical tools.

https://www.draftcountdown.com/all-star-game/nflpa-bowl-2023-roster-breakdown/

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2022/10/demontrey-jacobs/

Edited by Just Want A Title
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

I was reading an article on the NFLPA Bowl and they discussed USF tackle DeMontrey Jacobs.  Check out the details of his measurables:

"Jacobs measured in at 6’6″ and 304 pounds. He also had 11-inch hands, 37-inch arms, and an 85-inch wingspan. I will definitely be revisiting his tape soon."

His arm-length and wingspan are like something out of Madden.  I think Hank Fraley would love to have the opportunity to coach someone with his physical tools.

https://www.draftcountdown.com/all-star-game/nflpa-bowl-2023-roster-breakdown/

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2022/10/demontrey-jacobs/

That is absolutely wild. I haven't gotten to tackles yet, so it'd be interesting to see how his production lines up with these measurables. 

So this is an inexact science but I'm trying to work through and refine some targets at WR. I've given everything equal weighting, which I don't think is fully the right approach but it's a start. 

My process

• Size: I started my filter at 6'0+, 200 lbs or higher. We need to compliment our current group of ARSB and Jamo with someone that offers some size
  • Run Blocking: We are a run first, power run team. It's important that we have WR's on the roster that want to run block and are good at it. I nixed anyone that was under the group average (per PFF run block scores)
  • Drop Rate: I dropped (pun intended) anyone that had an above average drop rate. We need someone reliable to be that 3rd option who can make a play in crucial times. 
  • Points: I then went through the filtered list and awarded points for any player that was above average in the following categories:
  • Missed Tackle Forced (MTF); Contested Catch%; Intercepted when Targeted (Int%); Reception %(REC%); Target Share (% of targets/pass snaps); Yards; Yards per reception (Y/REC); Yards after catch %(YAC%); TD per Target (TD/TGT%); TD per reception (TD/REC%); Average Depth of Target (ADOT); Drop Rate (Drop%); Run Blocking (RBLK) plus above average in OVR PFF score; REC PFF Score

THE LIST (ADP via PFF Simulator)

1. Jake Bobo, UCLA - 11 points (Slot/Wide Left) - 198 ADP
  2. Antoine Green, North Carolina - 10 points (Wide Right) - 203.4 ADP
  3. Rashee Rice, SMU - 9 points (Wide Right) - 73.8 ADP (41 PFN)
  4. Xavier Hutchinson, Iowa State - 9 points (Slot/Wide Left/Wide Right) - 143.3 ADP (90 PFN)
  5. Jonathan Mingo, Ole Miss - 9 points (Slot/Wide Left) - 130 ADP (141 PFN)
  6. Cedric Tillman, Tennessee - 5 points (Wide Right) - 88.5 ADP (63 PFN)
  7. Elijah Higgins, Stanford - 5 points (Slot) - 219.7 ADP (266 PFN)

I've included the principal snap breakdowns as my main focus is to add an outside player (although versatility would be great). I'd probably self-eliminate Higgins as a slot only guy. 

Edited by Karnage84
  • Like 2

UPDATE

I added another 17 WR's from collegiate all star rosters (Shrine Bowl, NFLPA Collegiate Bowl). Total of 56 WR's. 

• CJ Johnson of East Carolina is intriguing out of this group. 
  • Xavier Gipson of Stephen F Austin is above average all across the board but he's 5'9, 170 lbs. Scores highly as a returner. 

UPDATE

Added Offensive Tackle with 31 prospects from PFF

I've broken down the best OT prospects for the Lions using my metrics for what I expect the Lions could be looking for. 

• Gap (PFF)
  • Gap %
  • OVR PFF Score
  • Run Block (RBLK) PFF Score
  • Pass Block (PBLK) PFF Score
  • Pressure %
  • Hurries %
  • Hits %
  • Sacks%
  1. Peter Skoronski, LT, Northwestern (6'4, 315) = 9 Pts (13.8 ADP); 20 PFN
  2. Cody Mauch, LT, North Dakota State (6'6, 303) = 8 Pts (44.6 ADP); 66 PFN
  3. Ryan Hayes, LT, Michigan (6'7, 305) = 6 Pts (184.7 ADP); 392 PFN
  4. TJ Bass, LT, Oregon (6'4, 325) = 6 Pts (237.3 ADP); 265 PFN
  5. Wanya Morris, RT, Oklahoma (6'6, 305) = 6 Pts (241.3 ADP); 109 PFN
  6. John Ojukwu, LT Boise State (6'6, 315) = 6 Pts (251.6 ADP); 681 PFN
  7. Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu, RT, Oregon (6'6, 330) = 6 Pts (219 ADP)

On 1/24/2023 at 10:22 AM, Karnage84 said:

The Lions place a lot of value in run blocking, so I'm interested to see who are the guys that are mid-to-late rounders who offer up some size (as ARSB and Jamo are smaller guys), strong as run blockers but are also reliable pass catchers. 

On the surface, so far I am intrigued by:

- AT Perry, Wake Forest

- Jake Bobo, UCLA

- Rashee Rice, SMU

- Xavier Hutchinson, Iowa State

- Jonathan Ringo, Ole Miss

- Michael Jefferson, Louisiana

Big fan of Rashee Rice kids a baller. Just looks like an NFL receiver with NFL skills. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, General Tso said:

Weatherspoon CB, Branch S, and Kancey DT are all guys I'm liking. Imagine if that was our first 3 picks.

I want to get a better feel for Kancey against the run. He's going to get AD and Oliver comps. I don't think you can fairly compare someone against a future HOFer. So I'd like to see how he stacks up against a guy like Ed Oliver who was coming out of Houston (AAC) vs Pitt (ACC). 

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

I want to get a better feel for Kancey against the run. He's going to get AD and Oliver comps. I don't think you can fairly compare someone against a future HOFer. So I'd like to see how he stacks up against a guy like Ed Oliver who was coming out of Houston (AAC) vs Pitt (ACC). 

A lot of folks were excited when Ed Oliver came out but it doesn't seem like he has grown into the consistently disruptive D-Lineman the Bills were hoping for (and needed).  Kancey has a pretty unique body type and skill set.  It seems like he could cause a lot of problems as a 3-4 DE.  Playing DT full-time in a 4-3 or 4-2 alignment might be a bit much to ask.

UPDATE

Defensive Tackles (DT): I've added another 17 prospects from PFF simulator, Senior Bowl/Shrine Bowl rosters

There's a cluster of sub 300 lb guys that grade well but I'm not sure if they'd wind up playing inside at the next level. There's a couple guys who were playing 400 - 500 snaps at NT around the 300 lb mark (unreal). 

There are three guys that popped up of various size/strengths:

• Jonah Tavai, San Diego State (6'0, 290 lbs): Brother of Jahlani. Had 63 pressures (17.4% pressure rate, 2nd highest) including 10 sacks, 42 hurries, 31 stops. Snaps at DLT, NT, LE, LEO
  • Jer'Zhan Newton, Illinois (6'2, 295 lbs): Had 55 pressures (14.4% pressure rate) including 4 sacks, 19 hits, 32 hurries and 34 stops. Mainly played at LE/RE
  • Jerrod Clark, Coastal Carolina (6'4, 340 lbs): 25 pressures (10.9% pressure rate), inlcuding3 sacks, 2 hits, 20 hurries and 20 stops. He grades out better than Keondre Coburn (Texas) but has similar production. He has a ton of snaps at all 3 interior spots (DLT, NT, DRT). 

UPDATE

Edge

Added another 20 prospects (47 altogether). I've highlighted some of the top guys in this new group. 

PRESSURE RATE

Some of the top guys in pressure rate

1. Viliami Fehoko, San Jose State - 20.0% (Top in the entire group)
  2. Derek Parish, Houston - 19.7% (2nd in entire group)
  3. Yasir Abdullah, Louisville - 18.0% (5th in entire group)
  4. Truman Jones, Harvard - 17.9% (6th in entire group)
  5. Jose Ramirez, Eastern Michigan - 16.0%
  6. Keion White, Georgia Tech - 14.9%

SACK RATE

Some of the guys in sack rate

1. Derek Parish - 4.5% (T-2nd  w/Mike Morris, Michigan)
  2. Viliami Fehoko - 3.9%
  3. Jose Ramirez - 3.5%
  4. Truman Jones - 3.4%
  5. YaYa Diaby, Louisville - 3.4%

20 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

UPDATE

Defensive Tackles (DT): I've added another 17 prospects from PFF simulator, Senior Bowl/Shrine Bowl rosters

There's a cluster of sub 300 lb guys that grade well but I'm not sure if they'd wind up playing inside at the next level. There's a couple guys who were playing 400 - 500 snaps at NT around the 300 lb mark (unreal). 

There are three guys that popped up of various size/strengths:

• Jonah Tavai, San Diego State (6'0, 290 lbs): Brother of Jahlani. Had 63 pressures (17.4% pressure rate, 2nd highest) including 10 sacks, 42 hurries, 31 stops. Snaps at DLT, NT, LE, LEO
  • Jer'Zhan Newton, Illinois (6'2, 295 lbs): Had 55 pressures (14.4% pressure rate) including 4 sacks, 19 hits, 32 hurries and 34 stops. Mainly played at LE/RE
  • Jerrod Clark, Coastal Carolina (6'4, 340 lbs): 25 pressures (10.9% pressure rate), inlcuding3 sacks, 2 hits, 20 hurries and 20 stops. He grades out better than Keondre Coburn (Texas) but has similar production. He has a ton of snaps at all 3 interior spots (DLT, NT, DRT). 

I wonder if the fanbase will have a conniption if we draft Jonah Tavai.  His numbers look solid, and should be a later round pick (although we thought that with his brother too).