Should we keep Tannehill?

deeluxx3

Should we keep Tannehill?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep Tannehill as our starting qb in 2023?

• Yes
    • No (cut or trade him)

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm not against Brady. 

He would attract cheap vets. And perfect QB if we draft a guy high or really believe Malik could be better. 

Doubt he wants to be here lol. 

I would love that. Just feels like a bit too late. We had a way more attractive roster when he was previously available.

Just doubt we can attract anyone to our situation.

How would people feel about maybe looking at Jordan Love? Could be interesting also.

Just now, twotonebluenation said:

I would love that. Just feels like a bit too late. We had a way more attractive roster when he was previously available.

Just doubt we can attract anyone to our situation.

How would people feel about maybe looking at Jordan Love? Could be interesting also.

I wouldn't hate that either. 

It is the kind of move we'd make. I'm not sure if we can draft any of the guys. Or even if we'd want too. 

Richardson just doesn't seem like he'd be a QB they'd have time to put into. By time he is ready everyone would be fired. 

Levis would be the only one I think we'd consider in our range. And he likely won't make it to our pick. 

Love might be the best answer. Young experienced guy. Shouldn't cost too much. 

I also am not sold on possibly the idea that a QB we like could be available at 6 after the Colts. Whats to say that Stroud doesn't possibly slip? I thought Fields shouldn't have slipped and he did. Maybe improbable. But what if the Colts take Levis and Detroit wants to deal their pick to us. A lot of things can change and I have seen teams make dumb decisions through the draft process.

I would prefer us getting a young guy. Holding out hope maybe we can find that.

Lotta things can happen. I think we are going to see massive change, and that excites me. It is time.

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

If the Texans win and the bears lose, Chicago is #1 draft pick right?

give it all to them 

What if they don't believe in Fields and take Young. lol 

The GM didn't draft Fields so he isn't connected to him. And I don't get the sense he really just loves him. 

Would anyone want Fields? To me he has just been a running back playing QB. 

Just now, KingTitan said:

The GM didn't draft Fields so he isn't connected to him. And I don't get the sense he really just loves him. 

Yes I would like one Justin fields, please 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Na, Fields has displayed special talent. Especially given the circumstances. He just needs needs more talent around him. And proper coaching.

Edited by twotonebluenation

7 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Yes I would like one Justin fields, please 

Does he get the no supporting cast badge? Lol 

75 yards passing against the Lions. Injuries. 

I'd like to see the cost. Not against it. But not hyper for it. 

Wish we had a true passer as an option. 

If we can swing a trade pretty early in the off-season to get into the top 3 and get either Stroud or Young I don't see how we can or should let him go. Outside of Brady and maybe Jimmy G there isn't any upgrades in play for us and even if they're was none would be significantly cheaper. 

My vote was keep. And I'll stick to that until we secure an actual replacement. 

1 minute ago, lovetitans said:

If we can swing a trade pretty early in the off-season to get into the top 3 and get either Stroud or Young I don't see how we can or should let him go. Outside of Brady and maybe Jimmy G there isn't any upgrades in play for us and even if they're was none would be significantly cheaper. 

My vote was keep. And I'll stick to that until we secure an actual replacement. 

I can feel that.

My thing is I think the replacement will only be available if we get rid of Tannehill, if that makes sense. 
I don't think it's likely that we are able to have a replacement on the roster without somehow moving Tannehill. Whether that be trading him and then using that trade as part of the trade up.

Or 

Signing a guy would require his cap space. 

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I can feel that.

My thing is I think the replacement will only be available if we get rid of Tannehill, if that makes sense. 
I don't think it's likely that we are able to have a replacement on the roster without somehow moving Tannehill. Whether that be trading him and then using that trade as part of the trade up.

Or 

Signing a guy would require his cap space. 

I'd be okay with that, but an agreement would need to be made before Tannehill is dealt. 

Example, we verbally agree to sign Brady but we need Tannys cap space. Move him. I'm fine with that. 

Or we offer a trade to Chicago and they counter and say they need another 3rd or 4th rounder pick to make the deal. Cool go find a trade partner for Tanny. 

I just don't want to cut him or trade him then end up needing to reach for the 4th QB at pick 10 simply because we don't have a starting level guy on the roster.