Should we keep Tannehill?

deeluxx3

Should we keep Tannehill?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep Tannehill as our starting qb in 2023?

• Yes
    • No (cut or trade him)

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Eagles position themselves for Carson Wentz (2016)

The trade: The Eagles send their first-round pick (No. 8 overall), a third-round pick, a fourth-round pick, a 2017 first-round pick and a 2018 second-round pick to Cleveland for its first-round pick (No. 2 overall) and a 2017 fourth-round pick.

This is the closest thing I can think of. We'd likely be able to get to 3 with Seattle. They always looking to deal. 

Get to 3 and you can get Stroud or Young. 

Even at 11, I think we will be able to squeeze our way into 1,3 or 4

Bears could certainly use OL help, too

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/story/_/id/31173355/all-29-s-nfl-teams-traded-draft-quarterback%3fplatform=amp

For reference. All the 1et round trades. Gives an idea what it might take to get up higher. 

This is great, thanks for posting.

Feels like knowing us as a franchise, we would never ante up what it would take to get to the top 3, nor do I think would I want to. I could see us moving up to something like 6th if someone slipped maybe? Something like what the Bills did to get Allen.

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Eagles position themselves for Carson Wentz (2016)

The trade: The Eagles send their first-round pick (No. 8 overall), a third-round pick, a fourth-round pick, a 2017 first-round pick and a 2018 second-round pick to Cleveland for its first-round pick (No. 2 overall) and a 2017 fourth-round pick.

This is the closest thing I can think of. We'd likely be able to get to 3 with Seattle. They always looking to deal. 

Get to 3 and you can get Stroud or Young. 

The 49ers trade up for Trey Lance was as followed

Miami traded a first-round selection (3rd overall) to San Francisco in exchange for a first-round selection (12th overall), 2022 first- and third-round selections, and a 2023 first-round selection.

So that may be the benchmark to trade into the top 3. And the questions become A) Is there a QB the team feels is worth trading up for and B) Is the franchise as currently presented in a position where they can afford to trade away their future to grab the potential franchise QB.

Edited by TitanSlim

I would imagine the Seahawks would take either Stroud or Young if they were available. I see a lot of Mocks with them skipping on QB, but they have Geno freaking Smith and you don't get to pick top 3 often.

I just couldn't imagine them not taking QB.

To me, the two best QBs are gone pick 3.

I just don't like the idea of trading all of our future away for one of these QB's. I don't think either Young or Stroud have the potential of a Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert or Allen and we have too many other needs to mortgage our future on anything less than that kind of potential.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

The team wasn't exactly great last year either and we went 12-5. We did not have the best roster in the AFC.

There's a difference between having an average roster and having probably a bottom 3 roster like we finished the season with.

I agree that the talent of the QB is more important than the message, but I do not believe that you can tell your locker room you're taking a gap year through personnel decisions and still continue to get the best out of them.

We almost won the division with one of the worst starting 22 to probably take the field for any team all season last night. Guys were still fighting. 

i guess a QB is more drastic, but i think this is functionally the message sent by the AJ brown trade and the way we approached the draft. and then reinforced by how we handled the OL issues throwing daley out there week after week. it's certainly how i would've interpreted it lol

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

The 49ers trade up for Trey Lance was as followed

Miami traded a first-round selection (3rd overall) to San Francisco in exchange for a first-round selection (12th overall), 2022 first- and third-round selections, and a 2023 first-round selection.

So that may be the benchmark to trade into the top 3. And the questions become A) Is there a QB the team feels is worth trading up for and B) Is the franchise as currently presented in a position where they can afford to trade away their future to grab the potential franchise QB.

Mindset should be there is no future without a franchise QB. 

Get a chance to get one you believe in. Go get him. Figure out the rest later. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i guess a QB is more drastic, but i think this is functionally the message sent by the AJ brown trade and the way we approached the draft. and then reinforced by how we handled the OL issues throwing daley out there week after week. it's certainly how i would've interpreted it lol

Agreed QB is different, but yeah, the media immediately went into talking about us as "rebuilding" or "retooling" after trading AJB. 

AJB was different from a message standpoint because he clearly didn't want to be here by the time the message got to the team. I'm sure they glossed over the details of how the team **** the bed in those negotiations and tried to make it his fault since that's the story they sold us.

Edited by TitanSS

We should hope that 7-10 is as bad as we get. 
Because it was a soft rebuile on offense with the cuts and the trade. 
We tried to get by on the line and with WR while still using Henry to run and a pretty good defense.

If done right. 
We can be right back to winning, maybe not contending, but winning with at least 10 wins if we do this off-season right.

New OC.
Stable the offensive line with guys that are real NFL players. Amazing we won as many and in so many games without NFL players at 3 of the 5 for most of the season (Davis and Jones).

Get two more pass catchers that are true WRs. Draft and vet, to go along with Burks, Chig and potentially Phillips. 

Tannehill or trade up are the options in my mind right now. 

Even if we use our 1st round picks for the next few years and 2nd next year. We use the middle and late round picks to smartly add players that can step in. Maybe not a boom or bust like Willis or Farley type.  But solid players like we did with Chig and mcCreary until late in the year.  FA additions. 
So if we sell the farm to get a QB it's not over to still surround him.

If we keep Tannehill, then i guess that gives Willis one more year to try to improve. Because with Tannehill and additions we should still be pretty competitive. But still in this middle of the road limbo. 

No we shouldn’t keep Tannehill If we keep Tannehill then I feel like for sure is going to be  his last season, which makes no sense in keeping him only to be good but not good enough. Time for a soft rebuild. I don’t think we can address our issues on the offensive side of the ball & become contenders in 1 offseason due to draft capital & salary cap restrictions. 

8 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

No we shouldn’t keep Tannehill If we keep Tannehill then I feel like for sure is going to be  his last season, which makes no sense in keeping him only to be good but not good enough. Time for a soft rebuild. I don’t think we can address our issues on the offensive side of the ball & become contenders in 1 offseason due to draft capital & salary cap restrictions. 

Just taking emotions out of it, what is logical? 
Trading up to #3? or going back with a QB he HC loves and respects and then a project QB in Malik that you still might think you can get something from maybe in a year?

I don't like it. 
Maybe the new GM has some juice and says he lets roll, or he says let me give it a year. 

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Just taking emotions out of it, what is logical? 
Trading up to #3? or going back with a QB he HC loves and respects and then a project QB in Malik that you still might think you can get something from maybe in a year?

I don't like it. 
Maybe the new GM has some juice and says he lets roll, or he says let me give it a year. 

You go get your guy if you believe he’s a franchise QB regardless of us taking Malik in the 3rd round. I remember the Redskins taking cousins & griffin the same draft class & the organization were saying day 1 cousins was out playing griffin but because griffin was a top 2 pick he had more leeway. The titans did nothing to help Malik he kinda hinted that in his press conference today 

he basically was told a lie, that they would run things he’s comfortable with to help him progress

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

You go get your guy if you believe he’s a franchise QB regardless of us taking Malik in the 3rd round. I remember the Redskins taking cousins & griffin the same draft class & the organization were saying day 1 cousins was out playing griffin but because griffin was a top 2 pick he had more leeway. The titans did nothing to help Malik he kinda hinted that in his press conference today 

he basically was told a lie, that they would run things he’s comfortable with to help him progress

I'm with you.

I hope they  have the guts to try to get the guy the believe in. 
Big swings only way to hit homeruns.