Should we keep Tannehill?

deeluxx3

Should we keep Tannehill?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep Tannehill as our starting qb in 2023?

• Yes
    • No (cut or trade him)

I wonder what the feeling on Dobbs is within the organization right now.

I am interested if they would even think about making space by snipping Tannehill and using that cash to start to build that O line and see what they can do with Dobbs next year.

Try to get a young guy who slips if not, trade back, load some picks up for next year, build that O line, try to get another weapon on offense and rock with Dobbs.

See what we are working with next year.

7 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Man go down the list of elite backs in this league. Derrick is the ONLY one that is routinely brought out of games on 3rd and more than 3. We’ve seen him as a pass catcher, he’s decent with screens, but half the time when they dump the ball off to him it’s a drop. They don’t even give him chances to pass protect anymore. 

I love Derrick, want him to retire a Titan with records. but we’re talking about making this TEAM better, and unless Derrick’s skill set can evolve, then I think our team might be better off allocating less money to a stable of do it all backs and maybe allocating more money on guys who are critically effective on 3rd down… like premier WRs.

also worth noting, the 3 guys who ran for the most yards and TDs this year… Chubb, Henry, Jacobs… all sitting at home in the playoffs. I’m just sayin…

The only way you win or let’s say contend for a chip while being a run 1st offense, you must have an elite defense not a bend but don’t break defense an elite defense that dominates. I think we should do a soft rebuild keeping RT, does nothing but keep us in the way, by that I mean we’re not a SB contender we’re not a bad team we’re just in the way good but not good enough nor bad enough, what’s the point 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Good points made on the radio. 

If you keep Tannehill and Henry together. You are signaling that you still think you can compete. 

So you are in the mode of still "going for it"

I think only loser organizations are at the point of trying not to compete.

I don't expect a Mike Vrabel team to ever try not to compete. 

Losing Tannehill or Henry makes us worse this year and doesn't really do anything for us long-term, so it would make zero sense unless we are trash like the Texans and try to tank or unless we find an option to spend that money on that makes us a better team.

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

I think only loser organizations are at the point of trying not to compete.

I don't expect a Mike Vrabel team to ever try not to compete. 

Losing Tannehill or Henry makes us worse this year and doesn't really do anything for us long-term, so it would make zero sense unless we are trash like the Texans and try to tank or unless we find an option to spend that money on that makes us a better team.

Yeah.

I think you still could say you want to win without keeping Tanny, but whoever you get without trading up for a QB or trading for someone like Lamar, then you will be in the same spot if you keep Tanny. Meaning you will still need to surround that guy with a lot to make sure they are good. 
Example, getting Carr does nothing but get you an expensive version of Tanny who still needs a major supporting cast to be successful. Guys like Tanny, Carr and Mayfield has showed they can't carry a team alone. 
So if you want to get a cheaper version of Tanny, then  yeah go for Mayfield I guess but also know you likely going to get worst play.

Tanny or trade up. That's all I see as options for the Titans. 

I personally think it's time to rebuild but we won't. Tannehill will be back so will Henry we are going to stay pat and take the best run block tackle available at 11. Sign middle of the road vets to retool. I fully expect whoevwr is hired at OC to be a run first game or a promotion of Kelly. 

• Like 1