Week 18 @ Cincinnati Bengals

Ray Reed

4 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Never realized how whiny the bengals fanbase is. But after this last week with the NFL seeding changes and this type of stuff all over twitter…hoo boy they’re embarrassing 

wow that is pathetic. "throws the ball at Ja'Marr Chase" LMFAOOOO what a bunch of absolute delusional morons.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

Oh No Reaction GIF by BrownSugarApp

All the verbiage used in recent reports is really agitating me. “Doesn’t feel quite right”.“Not quite himself”. 

It’s the NFL playoffs dude. Put a brace on and play. You’re healthy enough. Most players play through injuries this time of year even if they don’t “feel themselves”. Eisen said last week the Ravens said Lamar wasn’t back in Cleveland yet because he didn’t want to play with a brace on.

A 75% Lamar is better than anything else we have at QB. He knows that. He’s letting the team down if he doesn’t play, plain and simple. Even the people yelling about the initial “1-3 weeks” timeline still espoused “4-6” was actually the accurate diagnosis. Well we’re here now. 

Play.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

All the verbiage used in recent reports is really agitating me. “Doesn’t feel quite right”.“Not quite himself”. 

It’s the NFL playoffs dude. Put a brace on and play. You’re healthy enough. Most players play through injuries this time of year even if they don’t “feel themselves”. Eisen said last week the Ravens said Lamar wasn’t back in Cleveland yet because he didn’t want to play with a brace on.

A 75% Lamar is better than anything else we have at QB. He knows that. He’s letting the team down if he doesn’t play, plain and simple. Even the people yelling about the initial “1-3 weeks” timeline still espoused “4-6” was actually the accurate diagnosis. Well we’re here now. 

Play.

Patrick Mahomes dislocated his kneecap and returned two weeks later and went on to win the Super Bowl.

Edited by BareYourTeeth
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Play.

There's no way he's playing to risk further injury when he's got a major contract on the line. He knows that if he gets hurt it could cost him millions of dollars. Not saying I don't agree with you because we have seen time and time again players sacrificing for their team (Phil Rivers playing on a torn ACL, anyone???), but Lamar just ain't that guy it seems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Play.

Agree with this. I mean I still don't think we can use projected dates to say for sure when someone will be recovered. But, if the Ravens, who know his medicals, come away thinking that he is capable of playing at a level above Huntley and Brown (lol) and doesn't want to go.... that should be a negative when determining how much they should be willing to invest in him.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

There's no way he's playing to risk further injury when he's got a major contract on the line. He knows that if he gets hurt it could cost him millions of dollars. Not saying I don't agree with you because we have seen time and time again players sacrificing for their team (Phil Rivers playing on a torn ACL, anyone???), but Lamar just ain't that guy it seems.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4831588 

The hip injury that Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco suffered against the Raiders in Baltimore's regular-season finale was so bad that he could not sit during any of the flight back from Oakland, according to a league source.

The hip caused Flacco so many problems the next week that, in the days leading up to the wild-card game against the Patriots, there were some Ravens players who wondered if their quarterback would be able to play at New England, as Flacco's leg had filled with fluid and had three inches of swelling.

Remember when we had our own QB who played through injury during wildcard playoff games? That was sick. Good times

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Agree with this. I mean I still don't think we can use projected dates to say for sure when someone will be recovered. But, if the Ravens, who know his medicals, come away thinking that he is capable of playing at a level above Huntley and Brown (lol) and doesn't want to go.... that should be a negative when determining how much they should be willing to invest in him.

Am I absolutely bananas for wanting to just play Brown on Sunday? Obviously the TOs were ridiculous but it seemed like he at least was willing and able to throw down the field which is more than we can say about Huntley his last 2-3 games he played

14 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Am I absolutely bananas for wanting to just play Brown on Sunday? Obviously the TOs were ridiculous but it seemed like he at least was willing and able to throw down the field which is more than we can say about Huntley his last 2-3 games he played

Maybe the week off allowed Huntley's arm to rest and he'll regain some strength. 

Brown is genuinely terrible, his only success was when the Bengals went vanilla. And he's not fast or athletic at all. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Yes you are. He was beyond terrible. I think with a week of rest and a gameplan that actually calls for some deep shots, Huntley can make those throws without turning it over 5 times.

20 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I'm gonna wait for the injury report later today and not worry about the clickbait until that comes. Hoping for "limited"

He ain't doing anything bro it's over.