Offseason Thread

biggie.

Coaching: 

- Achord fired or made ST assistant

- Judge ST Coordinator 

- MattyP moved to defensive assistant because I have a feeling Mayo gets a HC job

- Hire an OC, QB and OL Coach

Re-signings: 

- Jon Jones if moved to FS, otherwise I think he gets paid somewhere else 

- Ferentz and McDermett as depth 

- Jabril Peppers if not too expensive 

Cut/Trade: 

- Hunter Henry.. too much money..not good enough .. get a receiving TE in the draft 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Iron_man said:

Yes. May I introduce you to the 6'5 senior from South Dakota State's Tucker Kraft.

I could see them having him high on their board, especially because they probably saw him on film a lot last year looking at Pierre Strong.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Coaching: 

- Achord fired or made ST assistant

- Judge ST Coordinator 

- MattyP moved to defensive assistant because I have a feeling Mayo gets a HC job

- Hire an OC, QB and OL Coach

Re-signings: 

- Jon Jones if moved to FS, otherwise I think he gets paid somewhere else 

- Ferentz and McDermett as depth 

- Jabril Peppers if not too expensive 

Cut/Trade: 

- Hunter Henry.. too much money..not good enough .. get a receiving TE in the draft 

I don't think Judge will go back to ST Coordinator. In a perfect world, that would have made sense. But I think it has something to do with still collecting a paycheck from the Giants, and "re-building" his resume to be a HC again some day.

We need an entire new offensive staff, and ST. IMO, Steve and Mayo have been more than capable on the defensive side of the ball. We're probably going to lose Mayo this off-season due to Belichick not giving him an official title.

Three biggest needs imo are as follows (outside of replacing the staff): OT, WR, and CB.

Kraft is going to want some major changes. I can't wait to see this off-season play out.

• Like 1

This is a bad look if you lose him to a DC job. If he gets a HC job they get 2 3rd round comp picks.. and you've already got a HC so you can't help that. 

All you need to do is make him DC and you can avoid losing him to this kind of situation. Kraft must jump in and pay the man, right? Steve can wait, they can't afford to lose a defensive coach with the offense this much of a mess. 

Jerod Mayo is amazing, players love him.. coaches love him.. the owner loves him. He was a great player and he is widely respected in the locker room. 

You would be extremely fortunate to have him as a DC. It's difficult to know who does what between him and Steve.. but I feel like both he and Steve are capable of being the DC. The only knock you'd have is that he hasn't called plays. 

I think it's much more likely that he becomes a HC than a DC though. I think it makes more sense for him, the Patriots will probably just give him a raise to stay if he doesn't find a HC job

18 hours ago, Iron_man said:

Yes. May I introduce you to the 6'5 senior from South Dakota State's Tucker Kraft.

Impresive however small school. I will add him to the list of players to watch.  Do you know if he's in any draft activities. EX SR Bowl, combine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

Shocking but that's great.  Lets hope BB gives up power on the O side of the ball and Kraft forces him outside the org.  Also I want no part of Billy O if BB dictate scheme.  EX Billy O want to let it loose in the passing game and BB say no this what I want ...off tackle dives!!!!!

Especially 2nd down and 20!!!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

You would be extremely fortunate to have him as a DC. It's difficult to know who does what between him and Steve.. but I feel like both he and Steve are capable of being the DC. The only knock you'd have is that he hasn't called plays. 

Just like to add to this.   Take a look at what the Pats defense has done with Mayo and Steve, it is pretty impressive, matter of fact it close to a miracle considering the players they have to work with.  Just look at the secondary. It shocking, they have no number one CB, the guy they consider a #1 playing out of position, there safety is 100 years old, they have 2 rookies that have played great and they do this with Myles Bryant on the field!!!!!!!!!  I'm 64 and I play better than Myles !!!!

Also our LB's are all jags not including the edge guys. The DL is good against the run however lack pressure up the middle.

• Like 1