Offseason Thread

biggie.

51 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

On the Fanatics website, JuJu Smith-Schuster jerseys are available. Sporting the #7.

Wonder if that’s official yet.

As for the Lamar Jackson stuff;

Who wouldn’t love to see LJ8 in rocking a Pat the Patriot logo?

He’d transform our team’s projectory, no doubt about that. The two picks we’d give up, if we wait until after this draft, would would presumably be in the mid 20’s at the worst. I think we all are ok with that swap.

Kraft explicitly stated that “in 24 years, Bill has never not gotten a dollar he’s asked for”… strong words. I thoroughly enjoyed his thoughts he shared at the media availability conference. His intentions to win now are clear, and now it’s coming to light that he isn’t afraid to have his pockets go light of Bill believes it’s the right move.

”That decision is up to Bill”, in regards to Kraft talking about trading for Lamar Jackson.

I’m in a 50/50 split. I would love to see what Lamar can do for us. Projected around $130 mill cap space in 2024, and almost DOUBLE that amount in 2025. Of course, part of that is due to so many expiring deals and the cap going up. It does prove though, that the money is definitely there and readily available for now and the future to make an offer work that works for New England and Lamar, and doesn’t work for Baltimore.

On the other hand… I think about Mac Jones’ progression he will no doubt experience under the tutelage of Bill O’Brien. And then I ponder the thought of those two first rounds picks we would ship out, and think about what those guys could do to help our team for the next 4/5 years.

It’s a tough call and either decision will alter the franchise. Either we mortgage 3 first round picks (2 first round picks + the 1st we invested in Mac), or we continue to play out these final 2 years (3 if we pick up the 5th year option) and ***** the QB positive ion again at that point in time.

I’m good either way. I love Mac and I’ll always support him if he’s my QB, because I’m not getting lost in the rabbit hole of “he has a weak arm”

Literally the next game after BB didn’t let Mac launch it and raised comments about his arm, he threw a ball that traveled over 50+ air yards. His arm is live. His arm is there. His arm is okay.

Did we forget what he did in college with Jameson Williams in literally every game? How about the Jerry Jeudy pass against Michigan? I know New England doesn’t exactly have Henry Ruggs or Devonta Smith on offense.. That given, Lamar has won in Baltimore with considerably worse weapons than we have in New England.

Lamar will bring guys to New England. Half the damn league wants to play with him it seems, and almost all of the league supports him and the stance he’s taking contract wise.

Guys will go to war for Lamar. Can the same be said for Mac Jones? Time will tell. Do we wait for that time to come, or do we smash the pendulum and say it’s LJ8 o’clock right now?

I say no.  I would ask, how long do you see him being effective?  How long does a average RB last in the league before time and injures catch up. How long before we get close to SB LJ starting with current roster ?

Injuries have already started. Don't forget, he has to play with our OL !!!!!!

Added did you see what Stevenson look like at the end of the season and he's alot bigger and stronger, again OL!!!

Edited by m haynes

Yo why is BB getting so mad at Max Jones trying to trade him 🤣 

How you gonna get mad for a Qb asking for help when you give him Joe Judge and Matt Patricia to call the offense 🤣 that’s messed up 

It’s not like y’all literally didn’t just bring back O Brien cause the offense was not doing well. 

Has BB gone mad?!!

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

Yo why is BB getting so mad at Max Jones trying to trade him 🤣 

How you gonna get mad for a Qb asking for help when you give him Joe Judge and Matt Patricia to call the offense 🤣 that’s messed up 

It’s not like y’all literally didn’t just bring back O Brien cause the offense was not doing well. 

Has BB gone mad?!!

Complete moron,   ego maniac. Game has passed him by. Has no clue how to deal with player in today's NFL. Still think it's between the tackle, my guy will beat them up BS!!!!! 

Look at the speed on his team, still looking, you won't find it!!! He been forced to change by Kraft,  that why you see 3/4 guys over the last draft that can move.

What fool would take a Comm college OG in the 1st Round,  when everyone in the forum knows it was a complete joke and a wasted pick.  They got Hines in the 6th, he will have a better career.

WE have two old fools running this team. One doesn't have the balls to fire the other for destroying this organization.

Fact they are not a team that draws any positive interest. They are boring and losing. They are not close to prime time.

What owner in their right mind would allow a coach to signed Matt P as a OC!!!!!! Idiot.

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

Bill is known as being spiteful.. he certainly seems to have gotten to that point with Mac. IF something happens with Mac, which is a big if.. I can almost guarantee the following happening: 

1. Bill goes scorched earth.. Hoyer is already gone.. once Mac is gone.. Bourne will be gone too. Can't think of anyone else off the top of my head who complained about the offense but they will be gone too 
  2. Spite Bill will want the offense to be dramatically better than last year with Mac.. he will put ALL of the top picks into the offense
  3. I think the way he sells it to Robert Kraft is claiming that Zappe is the guy, I think it's unlikely he convinces Robert to trade Mac for pennies then use draft picks to move up and get a QB. 

My post Mac Spite Draft: 

- Trade back from 14 far enough to get an extra 2nd rounder 

1st round: Darnell Wright (Day 1 starter at RT to protect Zappe) 

2nd round: Marvin Mims / Tyler Scott / Jayden Reed (YAC to make Zappe look good)  

2nd round(Trade back): Jaelyn Duncan (LT to protect Zappe.. could be starter by mid season) 

3rd round (Mac): Tucker Kraft / Luke Schoonmaker ( Zappe security blanket of the future / extra Zappe blocking)  

3rd round: Brents / Rush / etc. ( A Corner in the top 100 so BB can say he wasn't spite drafting to make Mac look bad) 

4th round I would full expect DTR to be drafted to compete with Zappe

The true question is what can you get for Mac? What teams are going to want Mac? The following teams COULD be interested imo: 

• Falcons
  • Titans
  • Commanders
  • Bucs
  • Rams

What can you get for Mac? As a distressed asset.. BEST case scenario imo is: 

- 3rd this year 

- 2nd next year ( likely a conditional second) 

What can you get for Bourne? Maybe a 5th? A pick swap? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Can't think of anyone else off the top of my head who complained about the offense but they will be gone too 

hunter henry would be gone as well. he is a friend to mac, would save $10 mil against cap, is injury prone, average blocker at best, final year, older vet, and cant get separation as well as he used to so just overrated and paid now.

maybe parker but doubtful unless they add like three new wr to the roster.

i sort of expect one of both of bourne and henry to go at some point along with mac.

really wouldnt be mad with bryce young or anthony richardson. heck even will levis is fine. not a big enough improvement to go to a rookie stroud imo.

vets like aaron rodgers, lamar, tannehill, and cousins could be on the table too.

so much in the air and tense. its been this way too long. kraft should have intervened years ago like i was saying on this forum back then. drafting was even further back than that.

9 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Can't think of anyone else off the top of my head who complained about the offense

Meyers  This was a move done for one reason. BB, spite. This move was a double shot, get Mac and get rid of  another BB bad apple.  Again, sack-less Kraft sit on him thumb. While BB destroy his team.

You frigging kidding me JJS over Meyers !!!!!!! It amazes me the BS out there that try to justify this. JJS better player !!!!! Ya about 100 yrs ago.

What that saying don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

10 hours ago, Crimmage said:

What can you get for Mac? As a distressed asset.. BEST case scenario imo is: 

- 3rd this year 

- 2nd next year ( likely a conditional second) 

Again, why so low????? because BB the moron has stripped him of any value. Only a fool GM destroys an asset that he's wants to trade. The other teams see what going on and will give only pennies to the dollar. The Pats management is no better than the Jets. Rodger fiasco!!

Again sack-less Kraft takes another thumb.

50+ year fan and I'm at my breaking point. This is the standing on the cliff year.  So far nothing has change to get me off the cliff.  This team right now is no better than when the Sullivan's owned them!!! Completely out of touch with today's NFL.  No direction or plan for the future. A lame duck coach that only here for one selfish reason. And a owner that sits by and watches this mess, while on TV shoveling his BS.

BB "doing whats best for the team", MY BUTT!!!!!!

Last two things

BB doesn't sign BOB because he doesn't want to hurt Saban feelings!!!!! What major company would ever allow this to be a issue? Your number one job is do your best for the company, not your good buddy, ridiculous.

What outdated GM spends millions on ST when everyone knows that in today's NFL the numbers prove that ST is not a major factor in today's game. The excuses that will follow, did you see last year, they had to fix it. Yes they did, change coach and philosophy.  Kick it threw the EZ and punt it high and OOBs. BB again spending stupid dollars.

Instead of filling your roster with guys that play ST only, why not get a kicker that can blast it out of the stadium . The Mich kid they released. One player, low dollars, problem solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

hunter henry would be gone as well. he is a friend to mac, would save $10 mil against cap, is injury prone, average blocker at best, final year, older vet, and cant get separation as well as he used to so just overrated and paid now.

I think being a friend of Mac is fine, as long as you don't speak out against the coaching staff. I don't remember Henry calling out the coaches. He is on thin ice either way just because this is a great TE class. 

20 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

really wouldnt be mad with bryce young or anthony richardson. heck even will levis is fine. not a big enough improvement to go to a rookie stroud imo.

If Mac is gone, I think Zappe is the guy. They couldn't be shopping Mac not knowing what QB's will be available at 14. This also goes into the Spite factor. BB will be able to say he found another day 3 QB who can be a starter in the league. 

I also think Brock Purdy indirectly factors into this as well.. why deal with a Diva QB ( What BB potentially believes Mac is) when you can have a day 3 QB making easy throws with YAC monsters on the roster to make him look good. 

The reports today of the Patriots looking at "Blue Chip RB's" feeds into this as well.. how do you make your QB look good? great running game and great YAC receivers. 

Updated post Mac Spite Draft: 

1st round: OT, Darnell Wright (Day 1 starter at OT to protect Zappe) 

2nd round, Trade up with a 4th to get to around pick 40: RB, Jahmyr Gibbs (Elite RB and receiving threat to make Zappe look good)  

2nd round(Trade back): OT, Jaelyn Duncan (Day 1 starter at OT to protect Zappe) 

3rd round (Mac): WR, Jonathan Mingo ( Play the Deebo role, power slot that can play inside and outside to replace Bourne) I could also see Tyler Scott here if they want to go pure speed here.

3rd round: TE, Luke Schoonmaker ( Zappe security blanket of the future / extra Zappe blocking) 

4th round: Double up on DB's in the 4th

Day 3 I would add another WR.. Demario Douglas in the 6th makes sense

Whether Mac is traded or not.. I could see them going in a direction similar to the above Mock. Dramatically improve the OL and Run game while adding a could of YAC players make the QB's life easier. Lessen the burden on the QB and put it all on O'Brien to call the right plays. 

9 hours ago, Crimmage said:

I think being a friend of Mac is fine, as long as you don't speak out against the coaching staff. I don't remember Henry calling out the coaches. He is on thin ice either way just because this is a great TE class. 

If Mac is gone, I think Zappe is the guy. They couldn't be shopping Mac not knowing what QB's will be available at 14. This also goes into the Spite factor. BB will be able to say he found another day 3 QB who can be a starter in the league. 

I also think Brock Purdy indirectly factors into this as well.. why deal with a Diva QB ( What BB potentially believes Mac is) when you can have a day 3 QB making easy throws with YAC monsters on the roster to make him look good. 

The reports today of the Patriots looking at "Blue Chip RB's" feeds into this as well.. how do you make your QB look good? great running game and great YAC receivers. 

Updated post Mac Spite Draft: 

1st round: OT, Darnell Wright (Day 1 starter at OT to protect Zappe) 

2nd round, Trade up with a 4th to get to around pick 40: RB, Jahmyr Gibbs (Elite RB and receiving threat to make Zappe look good)  

2nd round(Trade back): OT, Jaelyn Duncan (Day 1 starter at OT to protect Zappe) 

3rd round (Mac): WR, Jonathan Mingo ( Play the Deebo role, power slot that can play inside and outside to replace Bourne) I could also see Tyler Scott here if they want to go pure speed here.

3rd round: TE, Luke Schoonmaker ( Zappe security blanket of the future / extra Zappe blocking) 

4th round: Double up on DB's in the 4th

Day 3 I would add another WR.. Demario Douglas in the 6th makes sense

Whether Mac is traded or not.. I could see them going in a direction similar to the above Mock. Dramatically improve the OL and Run game while adding a could of YAC players make the QB's life easier. Lessen the burden on the QB and put it all on O'Brien to call the right plays. 

IMO this is a extension of BB 70's offense. It has no chance in heck. NFL is a passing league, sooner or later you have to abandon the run and go to the passing game.  The run becomes ineffective and this is the downfall. Zappy needs the run game without it, he's dead in the water. Teams will let them run while scoring against them with the pass. 

Make this easy, Let Zappy beat them.  Also a factor, this system goes out the window once BB retires.   Why, it's built to fail at the end. Sure he wins  (record) however it stops once they hit the playoffs.

Who ever takes over will dump this 70's version fast and replace Zappy!!!

The Pats have no chance with Zappy at QB and depending on the run game against good playoff teams. 

EX  Allan is up two scores how do the Pats catch up??? They can't.

What's good for BB  that's the new motto.

I agree with you this might happen. This will just add years before we play for the SB. Remember some teams go 20 plus years looking for a QB!!!! 

Today's Bucky's think you go outside and just pick one off the tree.  For every Purdy there's a Lance and more !!!!!