2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

As for Lamar Jackson, I would clearly love bringing him in. I'm not worried about contracts. 

I love the Ravens, but I do believe if JD added the same pieces around our QB, people would want him fired. Over the last 4 years, I think Mark Andrews is the only player we would want outside the oline. People think he runs because that's all he can do but he's doing it to open things up for the pass. Dobbins and Bateman are always hurt. Because of his age and who we could have around him, I think he would really take off. 

Edited by rickyt31

What about Daniel Jones for QB?  Compared to Lamar and Carr, he can hold his own.  Considering the crap he had to work with on the Giants, he may thrive switching locker rooms. 

Quarterback Completion % TDs INTs Rating
Jones 67.2 15 5 92
Jackson 62.3 17 7 91
Carr 60.8 24 14 86

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Why would the Ravens trade Jackson inside the AFC? 

You take the best offer

Texans traded Deshaun Watson within conference, Panthers with CMC, Chiefs with Tyreek, TJ Hockensen within division etc

If it came down to Jets vs Falcons for his services and ATL is offering 3 firsts and the Jets 4, would you take that much less just to ship him out of conference?

Just now, xrade said:

What about Daniel Jones for QB?  Compared to Lamar and Carr, he can hold his own.  Considering the crap he had to work with on the Giants, he may thrive switching locker rooms. 

Quarterback Completion % TDs INTs Rating
Jones 67.2 15 5 92
Jackson 62.3 17 7 91
Carr 60.8 24 14 86

I'm open to Jones as well. These are my top-3 choices at the moment. Jackson 1, Carr 2, and Jones 3. 

1 minute ago, Abe56 said:

You take the best offer

Texans traded Deshaun Watson within conference, Panthers with CMC, Chiefs with Tyreek, TJ Hockensen within division etc

If it came down to Jets vs Falcons for his services and ATL is offering 3 firsts and the Jets 4, would you take that much less just to ship him out of conference?

Watson- No Trade Clause

CMC is a running back

Hill is a Receiver

Hockenson is a TE

A franchise QB without a NTC is a bit different. I'm trying to remember the last QB traded in his prime besides Watson, who was a special case under the circumstances. 

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Watson- No Trade Clause

CMC is a running back

Hill is a Receiver

Hockenson is a TE

A franchise QB without a NTC is a bit different. I'm trying to remember the last QB traded in his prime besides Watson, who was a special case under the circumstances. 

Lions also traded Stafford within the conference 

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The Jets basically admitting they're unable to develop a Quarterback is actually depressing because we'll never have a guy. 

That's because we force each one to start day one and expect them to be Peyton Manning by year 2.

If we pick-up Carr, we actually have a window to develop a QB without feeding them directly to the NY media. I don't see why we should trade it all away for Lamar when Carr will likely be just as serviceable in the interim without handicapping us for years.

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The Jets basically admitting they're unable to develop a Quarterback is actually depressing because we'll never have a guy. 

What does that even mean "to develop a QB"?  I am serious.  Was Mahomes "developed" or did he just know how to play after sitting a year?  Did Reid tailor the O to his strengths and cover his weaknesses?

My point is that I question what teams do to "develop" a QB.  In the end, the Jets have never "developed" a QB because we have never drafted on that could "develop".  Occams Razor.  In today's NFL, a highly drafted QB is not sitting around being "developed" for a couple of years.  He gets in the game in a year if not sooner.  Hardly enough to "develop" them.  Round 3 or later QB's may have the luxury of being "developed" because there is no expectation.

34 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

What trade packages are yall thinking Lamar and/or Carr might go for?

Also factor in competition, say Sean Payton takes a job and wants to trade for Lamar Jackson. 

Being aggressive is one for us but there's no guarantees. 

I think Carr can be had for a mid or even possibly later round pick. Given his contract (I assume if we traded for him, we'd restructure him a bit). But being they can just cut him. His value isn't high. But I say giving up a mid late rounder to guarantee us him rather than try and outbid other teams is a good game plan. He's actually younger than I thought tbh. Off the top of my head I thought he was already in his mid 30s. Be he's 31. Which means he has at least a few good years ahead of him still.

To get Lamar will cost a ton. Bc of that and his skill set no equaling long term success. I wouldn't trade for him. I'd love him for a few years but he just can't throw the ball good enough to do good in this league if his running game isn't a HUGE threat like it is now. 

• Like 2