2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Lamar is the 5th best QB in the conference behind Mahomes, Herbert, Allen and Burrow. He's super talented though his passing is not on par with those guys its good enough. 

It would really depend on the price(picks). Picks dont matter when your GM sucks but Douglas can draft well. 

3 Firsts is a no-no. I'd give up 2 Firsts+. 

Yeah I think a package of 2 firsts, Zach mid rounder and maybe a vet like Davis/Lawson. Maybe the ravens want more but really they should have had him signed up by now.

If we get the Williams deal done without tagging, we can tag White and package him in a QB trade if we have to. He can serve as their vet, rookie insurance, or competition to who ever those teams bring in. If we don't want Wilson as a backup, there are plenty of options in FA. 

16 minutes ago, Mattmanz said:

I like Olsen as well. Seems like a guy who gets the best out of every QB he's had which is exactly what we need. 

Has anyone done enough research to tell if he adjusts his scheme based on his personnel or is it that his scheme is just so versatile that most QBs excel in it?

He had run pure WCO. That means he relies on quick short pass frequently with one man show in RB.   Mike White would work there.  

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

If we get the Williams deal done without tagging, we can tag White and package him in a QB trade if we have to. He can serve as their vet, rookie insurance, or competition to who ever those teams bring in. If we don't want Wilson as a backup, there are plenty of options in FA. 

If we tagged White he'd sign that thing so fast lol

• Like 1

Posted in the wrong thread, but Ravens will franchise Lamar and then you can make a crazy offer that they can't match. I think you get the flexibility to trade down in the draft before the deal is finalized, although I'm not sure if the Jets picks (and standing draft order) are immediately controlled by the Ravens after you sign their franchise player. Trade down now and then sign Lamar in March.

Edited by WheatieMan