2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Winning with guys like Rodgers, OBJ, Lazard feels different than Zach, Elijah, Garrett, Denzel. Not necessarily complaining but just like “we won, yay” vs seeing the homegrown kids leading the charge after all these years.

Its like getting the woman of your dreams with another man’s life lol.

Do you know why it feels different? Because this actually stands a chance of succeeding.

We moved one WR out because he requested a trade, and because some other organization wanted him. Not a big deal. 

The 2021 draft is not the foundation of this team. The 2022 draft certainly is. And with three picks in the first two rounds, 2023 could be as well.

Even IF we have all of Beckham Jr., Lazard, Hardman and Cobb, Garrett Wilson will still be our No. 1 WR. He will be Rodgers' go-to guy. How could he not? Rodgers recognizes talent. 

These are exciting times. We actually have a shot now. Could it fail spectacularly? OF COURSE! We are the Jets. It is almost implied that we will fail.

But at least we are doing everything we can to try to lift this curse. 

A curse that Zach Wilson still represents.

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We resigning Ty Johnson I imagine for a cheap price and not much guaranteed.

****** note is we are 1 of 3 teams Zeke Elliott is deciding between. Not a bad goal line back with backup capability. As long as it’s cheap

I'm hoping he's washed like Tomlinson was washed when he got here.

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Wilson is the big hold up in that. Of course it would've been great if he improved like TLaw did. But he didn't. In fact he if anything too a step back and with better weapons. So ya we could run it back with Wilson and see if something clicked for him. But pretty sure it's never happened where a guy went from worst starting QB in the league to franchise QB.

I look at it as we cant waste another season with Zach as starting QB. It'd likely cost JD and Saleh their jobs for starters and we're on a 12 year playoff drought. WE have to do something. And putting faith in Wilson to lead that would be foolish.

Now when we're likely getting AR. That changes a lot of things. It not only puts us likely in the playoffs, but also hunting for a SB. So the energy changes to win now with some moves. OBJ I wouldn't even consider if we weren't getting AR. Lazard I liked even if we weren't getting AR, so happy there.

So we likely replaced an older often injured WR in Davis (assuming he's traded or cut) with Lazard who is bigger, stays healthy and is younger all while having a connection already with our likely QB. Replaced our depth WR and ST guy with a younger, faster and cheaper version of him.

Moore I can get the being down on that part. But he's a guy that's best games as a rookie were without Wilson at QB, so there was no connection there. Is a me 1st player which 100% isn't qualities JD likes in a player. He already showed winning doesn't matter to him when he threw his tantrum last year. That showed us and JD who he is. So while it looks like we lost in the trade value wise... I'll let it play out.

Wilson should still be our star WR. Nothing changes that with Lazard and Hardman. I'll still stand by that I think he gets 1,400yds+ and 7tds+ if we get AR.

And Mims was never going to be featured this season. He's a depth piece for us. He's been a disappointment for sure. But he hasn't earned more snaps in his starting opportunities.

I choose to look at it more optimistically. And how AR can take GW to that elite WR level that no way Wilson was going to do. Open up the field for Hall to have holes to run the ball bc teams have to respect the pass against us. How Becton, AVT and possibly a rookie C can all benefit from being around AR. Creating that winning culture even of for just a year or 2.

I dont really care for who gets to an elite level or not, I'm all for these guys all being average as long as it leads to wins and ultimately a Super Bowl. It would just be nice to see our version of Mahomes/Kelce/Hill holding up a Lombardi. Maybe one day before we all are no longer here. 

Edited by KingOfNewYork

6 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Do you know why it feels different? Because this actually stands a chance of succeeding.

No that's no why. I said I'm looking at in my head and it just doesn't feel the same(not better or worse)

I preferred winning with Sanchez over Favre for example. I just wanna win with a core that our guys that's it. Nothing wrong with that. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I dont really care for who gets to an elite level or not, I'm all for these guys all being average as long as it leads to wins and ultimately a Super Bowl. It would just be nice to see our version of Mahomes/Kelce/Hill holding up a Lombardi. Maybe one day before we all are no longer here. 

That’s be nice. Maybe it clicks for your boy Wilson after a year or 2 watching and learning. Never know.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

That’s be nice. Maybe it clicks for your boy Wilson after a year or 2 watching and learning. Never know.

Maybe. Ultimately I just wanna win one with a QB who will always be remember as a Jet. Could you have imagine how immortal Sanchez would have been going through Peyton, Brady, Ben and Rodgers in 2010. Legendary.

23 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Why are so many people down on Hall this year? There have been zero reports on his ACL and I’ve seen Tweets or posts that he won’t be the same, won’t be ready until November etc. 

Agreed. I think he’ll be fully healthy. I think Barkley taking awhile is what has people suspicious. But Barkleys recovery wasn’t common. On the flip side. Peterson playing in like 4 months is uncommon as well.

I can only imagine technology has even gotten better. But I had an awful knee injury when I was 18. I tore my ACL, MCL, PCL and cracked my femur (football hit). I base a baseball player and a catcher at that (a lot of strain on my knee). And I was back fully healthy (arguably stronger and more flexibly) 8 months later. And this was in 2001.

20 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

As what exactly? He is the worst quarterback I have seen in years in this league. He may not be good enough for the CFL at this time.

Maybe when Demaurice Smith talks about abolishing the combine, he has visions of Zach Wilson in his brain. 

Hopefully, once the dust settles on the trade and the draft, they can make a quiet deal somewhere for whatever and move on from this imposter of a quarterback.

17 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Maybe. Ultimately I just wanna win one with a QB who will always be remember as a Jet. Could you have imagine how immortal Sanchez would have been going through Peyton, Brady, Ben and Rodgers in 2010. Legendary.

Sure, in a utopic world we are perennial Super Bowl contenders. And then we can actually discuss which championship feels the most special.

As things stand, I just want Rodgers to come in here and win some football games. Maybe a victory or two over Belichick would be nice along the way.

Gotta keep expectations low with this franchise.