2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

This is why I don’t want to pick swap with GB also

See no way we swap 13 for 15 and allow them or NE to grab our guy. And same goes for 42. No way we give them the chance to grab our guy there either.

Go sign Ford at DT and Jones at C. So those aren't glaring holes. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

See no way we swap 13 for 15 and allow them or NE to grab our guy. And same goes for 42. No way we give them the chance to grab our guy there either.

Go sign Ford at DT and Jones at C. So those aren't glaring holes. 

If we sign a DT I would like for us to grab Suh or Joseph. Suh is still my number 1 DT left and can fill in right beside Q and he has played in several big games. 

12 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m wondering with our desperation for the position would we get jumped. I think Douglas should sign a guy just in case. At least to give teams the impression we’re comfortable with what we have going into the draft.

Right now, I assume Becton/Brown at LT and Becton/Mitchell at RT.  If all are healthy (a big if) we should be OK at OT.  Like many of you, I am concerned because JD has been trying to fix the OL and it has not worked well.  All 3 above have ? entering the season  This is why we all want to see OT at 13.  Who would we sign to further muddy the waters?  Are they going to be any better than Brown?  If we miss out on OT at 13 we can still trade down and get one later in round 1 or later in the draft.  The point is that I do not see a benefit of signing another OT when we still need a DT, OC and LB.  I would not be concerned about a team jumping us.  This years OT's all have warts that teams will probably let the draft come to them regarding OT.  If the consensus top 3 are gone, get the best OG.  AVT could play OT if needed.  Besides, the weakest link on the OL right now is Tomlinson.  Get a blue chip OG and let them battle for starting duties.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

OBJ asking price too much. Reportedly he wants 15mill. No way.

I'd give him a low base with a game bonus added salary. Not performance based so he has to play.

Makes no sense to pay him more than Davis.  Just keep Davis and roll with Wilson, Davis, Lazard, Hardman.  As a run first team having guys like Lazard and Davis are huge.

56 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'd give him a low base with a game bonus added salary. Not performance based so he has to play.

That is what he wants but the market says another thing. I think he signs for around 10-11 mill

59 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Maybe he has hard time to pick a team. lol.   If he is ready to play a full season then he has no reason not to sell himself above the market value. 

Jets should sit on that until the price is right.

13 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Maybe he has hard time to pick a team. lol.   If he is ready to play a full season then he has no reason not to sell himself above the market value. 

Jets should sit on that until the price is right.

Do we even want him at that price?  Dude is 31 coming off an ACL and has missed a ton of games in recent years.  I think Davis skill set fits better.  OBJ is more like Wilson who is light years better.  Stick Davis or Lazard in the slot and utilize their run blocking skills.

Not a fan of OBJ at any price really.  Jefferson/Ford from SEA at DT, and Jones at C make way more sense.

11 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Do we even want him at that price?  Dude is 31 coming off an ACL and has missed a ton of games in recent years.  I think Davis skill set fits better.  OBJ is more like Wilson who is light years better.  Stick Davis or Lazard in the slot and utilize their run blocking skills.

Not a fan of OBJ at any price really.  Jefferson/Ford from SEA at DT, and Jones at C make way more sense.

Jones and Ford wouldn't break the bank. OBJ is realistic if we do a low base with incentives. And make those incentives games played. Will keep him from being selfish. Attach stats to his incentives and he will be a me 1st guy fro sure. Make it games played and he will take care of his body. 

46 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Jones and Ford wouldn't break the bank. OBJ is realistic if we do a low base with incentives. And make those incentives games played. Will keep him from being selfish. Attach stats to his incentives and he will be a me 1st guy fro sure. Make it games played and he will take care of his body. 

True but we are tight on money already and I would want to add another vet at FS and ILB like Kwon.  Much rather spread the money around to a few vets at key positions and not to OBJ.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2023 at 8:46 AM, Bobby816 said:

That might be part of the compromise with that '25 conditional pick that the Jets apparently want if Rodgers were to retire after the 2023 season.  Would you prefer to pick at 13 as opposed to 15?  Absolutely.  Are you going to walk away from a deal because of it?  Absolutely not.

• Like 1