2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

On 4/2/2023 at 12:01 AM, CWood21 said:

That might be part of the compromise with that '25 conditional pick that the Jets apparently want if Rodgers were to retire after the 2023 season.  Would you prefer to pick at 13 as opposed to 15?  Absolutely.  Are you going to walk away from a deal because of it?  Absolutely not.

Your position is slowly creeping towards what us Jets fans have been saying this whole time about the compensation, and we're still on the mark.

Frankly he's right about the fact that we're not going to willingly slide behind NE, our biggest rival and a team with similar needs to us. And that's just as much not going to be a dealbreaker for you guys either.

On 3/30/2023 at 12:06 AM, KingOfNewYork said:

Not at all. It’s a rotational piece. They’ll find a guy at some point to step in.

Mazi, rd 2.  :)  Be right next to Q most of the time for years to come.  Yup, I like that.  

Edited by dcat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jetjuice said:

Your position is slowly creeping towards what us Jets fans have been saying this whole time about the compensation, and we're still on the mark.

Frankly he's right about the fact that we're not going to willingly slide behind NE, our biggest rival and a team with similar needs to us. And that's just as much not going to be a dealbreaker for you guys either.

That's not even close to what Jets' fans were offering.  Jets' fans were on average offering up their 3rd round pick plus a low-risk conditional pick in 2024 (2nd through 4th).  That's nowhere near the SRP this year plus SRP that could improve to a FRP pick next year.  As I mentioned before, I think the Packers want/need FRP+ worth of value in an Aaron Rodgers' deal.  That doesn't mean that the #13 pick had to be included.  It'll be interesting to see what the conditions are to get that pick to elevate to a FRP if it ends up being a conditional '24 pick.

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

That's not even close to what Jets' fans were offering.  Jets' fans were on average offering up their 3rd round pick plus a low-risk conditional pick in 2024 (2nd through 4th).  That's nowhere near the SRP this year plus SRP that could improve to a FRP pick next year.  As I mentioned before, I think the Packers want/need FRP+ worth of value in an Aaron Rodgers' deal.  That doesn't mean that the #13 pick had to be included.  It'll be interesting to see what the conditions are to get that pick to elevate to a FRP if it ends up being a conditional '24 pick.

Lol this just isn't true. Most of us have been locked in on a 2nd and conditional (possible FRP) from the very the beginning. We have fans, on other sites, who have been sharing inside info on the situation from the start.. A lot of us also follow those other sites, hence why we've been so consistent in saying it would ultimately be a 2nd + high conditional.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think GB even gets a first round on condition or anything. I still think GB fans will be let down on what you guys get. I still think it is a 2nd round pick this year pick 43 (not 42) and a 3rd round pick next year that will be a second if the Jets make the AFCC game. I think that is pretty close to JD final offer. GB is holding out waiting for another team which will not happen and the deal gets done on draft day or just before draft day. GB wants a better deal but have to settle for what the market offers. 

9 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't think GB even gets a first round on condition or anything. I still think GB fans will be let down on what you guys get. I still think it is a 2nd round pick this year pick 43 (not 42) and a 3rd round pick next year that will be a second if the Jets make the AFCC game. I think that is pretty close to JD final offer. GB is holding out waiting for another team which will not happen and the deal gets done on draft day or just before draft day. GB wants a better deal but have to settle for what the market offers. 

Even after the report that came out last week that said it was a SRP plus a conditional SRP that could turn into FRP next year?

EDIT

8 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Longer this drags out. The more I want it to go past the draft. Go draft guys at 13, 42, 43. They still need to trade Rodgers and we still would likely want him. But guess what…. Those picks now are future picks and not as high in the draft. Offer totally changes post draft. That 2 2nds is off the table post draft. We go and get 2 OLineman and a DT with those 3 picks. We have us a squad minus a QB. Call all 30 other teams besides GB and see what we can do at QB. At that stage I’d rather give more draft capital for something else.

Done playing this game with GB.

Go run out there with Love, Watson and Doubs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

That's the plan, only our GM and HC won't be fired. Yours surely will when you miss the playoffs for the 13th year in a row. 

Love how brilliant GB fans are that they know what will happen with our HC and GM.

You guys have enough to worry about with your roster. So stay focused on that. You guys have really helped that roster so far this FA period. And all that great young talent you have is hard to contain.

59 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Longer this drags out. The more I want it to go past the draft. Go draft guys at 13, 42, 43. They still need to trade Rodgers and we still would likely want him. But guess what…. Those picks now are future picks and not as high in the draft. Offer totally changes post draft. That 2 2nds is off the table post draft. We go and get 2 OLineman and a DT with those 3 picks. We have us a squad minus a QB. Call all 30 other teams besides GB and see what we can do at QB. At that stage I’d rather give more draft capital for something else.

Done playing this game with GB.

Go run out there with Love, Watson and Doubs.

That's fine.  The package doesn't go down after the draft, in fact it probably goes up.  I'd bet money that the Packers are willing to tank the Jets' 23 season.  Are Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh willing to do so?

23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Love how brilliant GB fans are that they know what will happen with our HC and GM.

You guys have enough to worry about with your roster. So stay focused on that. You guys have really helped that roster so far this FA period. And all that great young talent you have is hard to contain.

Robert Saleh is 11-23, and Joe Douglas is 13-37.  Somehow I don't think Woody Johnson is going to be real pleased if they have another stinker of a season.  But what do I know?