2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

OBJ is a bullet dodged. I just dont see the major need for another WR. The room is pretty full and we do not need to draft JSN either, we need the players we are paying and already developing to get their touches, not crowd the room even more.

I say this every draft but especially in this one given the fact we are going to almost definitely trade one of our 2's and dont have a 3, I would love to see if we can move down in the 1st and add another pick on day 2. May not be a team looking to move up, but there usually is. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Douglas is a smart guy, I don’t think he needed direction from Woody at all to right the ship. My issue was it seemed the only solution was “Get a vet QB” and everything would just magically be fixed.  Woody said it multiple times in interviews and I’m just thinking to myself like dude you really don’t watch this team or don’t know what you’re watching. OL still a mess, we changed OCs but did we really upgrade, receiving room is meh behind Garrett(who only cares about getting the ball), Running Back room needs another piece because Hall won’t do much until week 1 so we don’t know what he’s knee looks like. 

Defense should be fine if some of the young guys take steps but we play way better offenses this year than we did last year. 

I think a lot of opinions on this team are basing the Rodgers addition to last years team but this is a whole new season with new challenges and obstacles. I just feel like it’s gonna end in disappointment with the all the hype it’s generated.

It's April predraft, still a long way to go before the roster is set at OL.

He only cares about getting the ball?  Says who?  If you are suggesting his visual frustration with balls sailing over his head, 2' behind him, or at his feet by Zach who wouldn't be?

RB room is fine if we can get decent OL play.  Running game will easily be better with stable OL and Rodgers.  Don't need to waste a high pick on a RB or add a washed Zeke.  If you think a later rounder makes a difference I don't.

Most seasons do end in disappoint for most fans not rooting for KC.  If you are suggesting a crash and burn scenario than I disagree.  

48 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

OBJ is a bullet dodged. I just dont see the major need for another WR. The room is pretty full and we do not need to draft JSN either, we need the players we are paying and already developing to get their touches, not crowd the room even more.

I say this every draft but especially in this one given the fact we are going to almost definitely trade one of our 2's and dont have a 3, I would love to see if we can move down in the 1st and add another pick on day 2. May not be a team looking to move up, but there usually is. 

Yeah wanted no part of OBJ, I preferred to see if Rodgers can elevated a guy like Davis who at least will contribute in the run game.  Plenty to work with if we keep Davis and Breece gets back to form.

13 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

It's April predraft, still a long way to go before the roster is set at OL.

He only cares about getting the ball?  Says who?  If you are suggesting his visual frustration with balls sailing over his head, 2' behind him, or at his feet by Zach who wouldn't be?

RB room is fine if we can get decent OL play.  Running game will easily be better with stable OL and Rodgers.  Don't need to waste a high pick on a RB or add a washed Zeke.  If you think a later rounder makes a difference I don't.

Most seasons do end in disappoint for most fans not rooting for KC.  If you are suggesting a crash and burn scenario than I disagree.  

He only cares about getting the ball. Do with that whatever you will but it’s a fact. Anything else is irrelevant to my statement. Good player though so he’ll be excused for it.

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He only cares about getting the ball. Do with that whatever you will but it’s a fact. Anything else is irrelevant to my statement. Good player though so he’ll be excused for it.

What's wrong with great players saying they know what makes the team better and use them? Quinnen did this and no one really batted an eye. But Wilson didn't even do this (Q had a full on altercation with our DC on the sideline).

So what exactly would you be upset at? That Wilson is right? That we're a better team when he's getting the ball. That Q can get to the QB if you let him.

Shouldn't be a yes coach type thing no matter what. These guys are adults not high school kids. And yes sometimes they know better than the OC. Especially when it comes to a guy like MLF.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If you're an NFL WR and you want the ball is like saying grass is green.  What WR doesn't want the ball?  Saying that's all he cares about is a pretty bold statement without any evidence to support that claim.  Is he making it a locker room issue, do his teammates care?

Honest question since you seem so knowledgeable on the topic.

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

If you're an NFL WR and you want the ball is like saying grass is green.  What WR doesn't want the ball?  Saying that's all he cares about is a pretty bold statement without any evidence to support that claim.  Is he making it a locker room issue, do his teammates care?

Honest question since you seem so knowledgeable on the topic.

Like I said he’s a good player so the behavior is excusable. 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Anyway, with the Ravens addition of Beckham and likely bringing Lamar back are they better than us? They’ll look different with Monken running that offense. 

Big question is can Lamar handle aggressive offense?

Cimini had posted Rodgers splits when under pressure vs clean last year and they weren’t great. I know some said because he’s good he knows to get the ball out but he obviously struggled with that last year. We really need to get this offensive line in order. I know we have 3 top 43 picks but right now the OL is likely gonna hold this team back. 

8 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Way to explain your comment or show any sort of proof that's all he cares about.  Good talk.

I don’t need to explain anything. The proof is in his pouting, demeanor and post game words. But again excuse it because he’s a good player.