2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Kirk Cousins level play is only going to lead to complaints about it not being good enough to beat Allen, Mahomes and Burrow. Yall all know this already. 

I personally hate shortcuts and I feel this is what we're doing right now. 

Look at options we have,  None of them is clear cut for Jets. Just pick one and roll with that.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

In theory I see what you're saying if you have a team built like MIN I agree with you. But we're a team built with an elite defense. Which isn't going anywhere. They're young and good. Defense will always keep us in games. Heck we beat BUF with Wilson when he wasn't good. And if we had good QB play probably would've beat them the 2nd game as well. CIN was really our only game this defense didn't look good at all. KC we haven't played with this defense.

To potentially be in the same tier as the BUF, CIN, KCs would be a HUGE step for us. 

Idk that our defense repeats what they did this past season. Idk I just don't see it in this team right now and I definitely don't see it in Carr right now. 

I think I'm just depressed from this season. 

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I doubt Jones leaves the Giants. They stuck by him when he struggled and got him the right coach. 

They also did not give him the 5th year option.  I agree that he will probably stay with the Giants, but there is a chance.

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Idk that our defense repeats what they did this past season. Idk I just don't see it in this team right now and I definitely don't see it in Carr right now. 

I think I'm just depressed from this season. 

I know you're optimistic on Wilson. But the way he's looked through 2 years and considering how raw he was with playing no one in college. The odds of him ever getting to Carr's level isn't high. I also don't see a 31yr old QB as a band aid. He should be able to give us 5 years of good play.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I also don't see a 31yr old QB as a band aid. He should be able to give us 5 years of good play.

Agreed.  Brady and Rodgers are a one year band aid.  Forget about Wilson's past two years, think of Wilson as the QB to be developed waiting to take over in a couple of years.

59 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don't think so. What is TEN selling to him? A RB in Henry who's great but little to nothing at WR and TE. Also with just an OK defense.

I know we're not used to it bc the offense skill players have always been bad. But we actually have selling points to go along with an elite defense. We're an attractive team to an established QB

Sometimes it’s just about the person. It has nothing to do with the makeup of the Jets 

• Like 1