2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

14 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree he was bad last year. But a new system, a QB that can actually get rid of the ball on time.

Dude was getting shedded instantly, he was missing blocks in the run game, he was awful. God zero to do with QB play. McGovern stunk too. Why wasn’t QB play an issue for AVT or Mitchell? 

Tomlinson stunk, let’s hope he improves his game.

21 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Dude was getting shedded instantly, he was missing blocks in the run game, he was awful. God zero to do with QB play. McGovern stunk too. Why wasn’t QB play an issue for AVT or Mitchell? 

Agreed. this is why I have my reservations on Saleh. No way should Tomlinson be given his spot after how horrendous he was last year. 

50 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Agreed. this is why I have my reservations on Saleh. No way should Tomlinson be given his spot after how horrendous he was last year. 

To be fair, there weren’t a whole lot of healthy alternatives last season. At least this year, we have Colon and Schweitzer.  Now, if Tomlinson sucks, we at least have two viable  alternatives. We can then blame the coaching staff if Tomlinson blows and no change is made.

8 minutes ago, xrade said:

To be fair, there weren’t a whole lot of healthy alternatives last season. At least this year, we have Colon and Schweitzer.  Now, if Tomlinson sucks, we at least have two viable  alternatives. We can then blame the coaching staff if Tomlinson blows and no change is made.

which is why he should have to compete. he got paid and was horrific. earn your spot now AND your salary.

On 5/6/2023 at 9:45 PM, KingOfNewYork said:

I don’t disagree. I’m just staying that he will be starting for us. Doesn’t seem it will be a camp battle for his spot. Now if he’s a liability like he was last year… he should be benched, not just played bc of his salary. If Tippman wins the C spot. CMG and turner should be pushing guys to earn their spot.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I am sure the media takes following the game regardless of who wins will be conservative, well thought out and not jumping to any conclusions.

2019 and 2020 seems so long ago now but man those were fun debates leading up to the season. 

Should be a good game. Tough game for both of us to start out the season.

• Like 1