2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

Giants schedule leaked… they start with 7/10 road games, with one home game being the Jets game in that same stretch.

This was definitely deliberate to keep the Jets in prime time on the backend of the schedule. They should easily go 7-2 to open things up. They do get the Chiefs early, however.

Edit: I may have spoke too soon. Jets get Philli and Dallas early in the year according to a leak.

Edited by WheatieMan

That Texans/Falcons B2B towards the end of the season is what dreams are made of. We will hopefully be in a battle for one of the WC spots, maybe the division if things work out and having two of the lesser teams on our schedule that late is such a win if we take care of business.

Edited by KingOfNewYork

55 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I think we match up pretty well against anyone on paper. It's just going to come down to health and coaching.  

This. The biggest is health obviously. 

But if our main stars stay healthy this can be a very complete team. Stout defense, strong run game, and a effective passing game.  

5 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

That Texans/Falcons B2B towards the end of the season is what dreams are made of. We will hopefully be in a battle for one of the WC spots, maybe the division if things work out and having two of the lesser teams on our schedule that late is such a win if we take care of business.

NE week 18 is good too. If it’s a must win game for a playoff spot. Or even better for a 1st round bye… we should win that game as well.

Feels so good not to overthink our schedule for once. Who we play.. when we play them.. Really good (top 10ish) teams, and their fans, don't worry about the mental gymnastics. If we're in that group, as we should be, it doesn't matter.

Sweep the Pats and beat the Eagles for the first time.

If we do that, I could probably even handle 3-14. At least we'd end some streaks.

Prediction: we win week 1 and the hype levels get out of control. Then we lose three straight. Everyone writes us off. But we win 10 games, make the playoffs, and then all bets are off.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

NE week 18 is good too. If it’s a must win game for a playoff spot. Or even better for a 1st round bye… we should win that game as well.

Yeah, my only concern is it being on the road, always gonna be a tough place to win especially in January but much better than facing Buffalo/Miami.

6 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yeah, my only concern is it being on the road, always gonna be a tough place to win especially in January but much better than facing Buffalo/Miami.

In NE with that roster doesn't scare me. Especially with a QB that's played in GB for 18 years who's proven in cold weather. Bolds well for us in that regard. And even deeper the other big time AFC teams are colder weather teams, so if we have away games. It doesn't concern me having AR in that weather. 

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

In NE with that roster doesn't scare me. Especially with a QB that's played in GB for 18 years who's proven in cold weather. Bolds well for us in that regard. And even deeper the other big time AFC teams are colder weather teams, so if we have away games. It doesn't concern me having AR in that weather. 

Two words:  ******* Belichick!

Edited by xrade

11 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I really hope a good safety hits the market and we're actually interested. I'm a little shocked we haven't resigned Kwon yet. We must be looking at someone else who hasn't hit the market yet. 

I think Kwon signs just befoee TC. He was signed very late last year too. I do think that the Jets cutting Cedric O. the tackle is a good sign they like what they see in Mitchell and Becton. You have a nice group at T now. I see Brown coming in with an attiude of I will do what ever it takes to help the team. If that means I'm a backup so be it. He wants a ring. This team is full of vets and they all want that ring. AR needs that second ring to put him in the top 3-5 QB's of all time. I know he has 1 ring but he needs that second ring to be with Manning, Elway and that group. Heck if AR wins back to back super bowls that would put him at the top just behind Brady. I think this season is going to be great. I'm still sticking with a 12 to 13 win season cap with a floor of 10 wins. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Douglas not paying Quinnen by now sucks for sure. Every other DT has gotten paid.

I've been wondering about this since before the draft.

There's always a hold up with JD. We can't continue letting our star players walk just because it's cheaper to do so, especially since Q plays a premier position. The cap isn't real, just get him signed already.

33 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I've been wondering about this since before the draft.

There's always a hold up with JD. We can't continue letting our star players walk just because it's cheaper to do so, especially since Q plays a premier position. The cap isn't real, just get him signed already.

Yeah, you can do this with Kwon Alexander but Quinnen? Seriously? Pay the man.