2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

27 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I wish Mekhi had any trade value. Dude will never get it. Wants credit for working out in the offseason. Like bro you get drafted top 15 and had a nice rookie year but had to take several plays off. Got hurt two seasons in a row, ballooned up to a freaking parade float and now want to pump your chest for being at a respectable weight while also blaming the staff for last years injury. I hated this pick immediately. Wirfs was the guy. 

His ego is as if he’s been an all pro for 3 years. When I’m fact he was good not great as a rookie and hasn’t played in 2 years.

This is more of a personality issue than a football issue. Becton has likely never been beaten in anything in his life. And the fact that he’s healthy and in the best shape of his life and isn’t guaranteed a starting spot, never mind not at LT is completely new to him. And clearly he has no clue how to process that. Saleh actually is handling in great by not really commenting on it and saying the 5 best guys will start where they think it’s best.

52 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I wish Mekhi had any trade value. Dude will never get it. Wants credit for working out in the offseason. Like bro you get drafted top 15 and had a nice rookie year but had to take several plays off. Got hurt two seasons in a row, ballooned up to a freaking parade float and now want to pump your chest for being at a respectable weight while also blaming the staff for last years injury. I hated this pick immediately. Wirfs was the guy. 

This is a part that some young players just don't get. That when they're making that salary they're making, that it's not just from the time its mandatory for them to be there between July and January. That the other 5 months that they're supposed to improve themselves and be ready for July in that time. He didn't do that. And like a lot of people from his generation (no offense to others in this age group) wants to point the finger to others as to why things happened the way it did. Fact is is he didn't take care of his body and got injured twice because of it. That's on him. That's not on the training staff or the FO. That's 100% Mekhi and his eating habits. Look in the mirror, not point the finger.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

This is a part that some young players just don't get. That when they're making that salary they're making, that it's not just from the time its mandatory for them to be there between July and January. That the other 5 months that they're supposed to improve themselves and be ready for July in that time. He didn't do that. And like a lot of people from his generation (no offense to others in this age group) wants to point the finger to others as to why things happened the way it did. Fact is is he didn't take care of his body and got injured twice because of it. That's on him. That's not on the training staff or the FO. That's 100% Mekhi and his eating habits. Look in the mirror, not point the finger.

Wish I could like this twice. 100% spot on. You put on the Jets jersey, I will always root for you 100% and we need Mekhi to be good, but man if we could flip him, I wouldn't hesitate. 

Becton has just moved himself off the Jets. The Jets will wait until they see how much the line jell's before they move him. I look for them to move him during the season if his health holds up. 

Just like EM he's opening his mouth and hasn't shown anything in 2 years except an ability to get injured and not have the common sense to stop eating. 

EM cursed out the OC, pouted and demanded to be traded. Was it a good trade for the Jets, no, not in my estimation. But they got rid of a cancer and now he's Clevelands headache. 

Now don't get me wrong, I hope he rights the ship, but the Jets couldn't take that chance and have him poison an entire team with his rancor. 

Becton is another malcontent, shut your mouth, take the field, show what you got, and win the LT job. You're not entitled to anything unless you earn it. 

Football is a game of how much do you want it, the average player lasts 4 years in the league. Let him play and let him become a FA with an injury and weight history.

No team with any sense is going to drop down a boat load of money for a player(granted if he is able to stay on the field) with that history. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big T said:

Becton has just moved himself off the Jets. The Jets will wait until they see how much the line jell's before they move him. I look for them to move him during the season if his health holds up. 

Just like EM he's opening his mouth and hasn't shown anything in 2 years except an ability to get injured and not have the common sense to stop eating. 

EM cursed out the OC, pouted and demanded to be traded. Was it a good trade for the Jets, no, not in my estimation. But they got rid of a cancer and now he's Clevelands headache. 

Now don't get me wrong, I hope he rights the ship, but the Jets couldn't take that chance and have him poison an entire team with his rancor. 

Becton is another malcontent, shut your mouth, take the field, show what you got, and win the LT job. You're not entitled to anything unless you earn it. 

Football is a game of how much do you want it, the average player lasts 4 years in the league. Let him play and let him become a FA with an injury and weight history.

No team with any sense is going to drop down a boat load of money for a player(granted if he is able to stay on the field) with that history. 

I don't know if i would compare Becton to Moore. Moore demanded a trade and Becton has not. That is a huge differance to me. Moore was also complaining about playing time and targets. Becton is not complaining about playing time. 

I'm very happy with this. This guy proved he was not even there at the time this happened. He has a huge leg and a chip on his shoulder. Sign him and have him go for the Punter job. 

The Jets are hosting free agent P Matt Araiza for a visit.

A former sixth-round pick by the Bills in last year's draft, Araiza was promptly released by the Bills after being accused of rape in a civil lawsuit during his time at San Diego State. After the university announced no reported findings against Araiza, he's now expected to receive some interest from teams as he looks to find his way back into the league. During his time at San Diego State, Araiza set the FBS record with an average of 51.3 yards per punt, and has the most 50-plus yard punts (39) in a season.

17 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Moore was also complaining about playing time and targets. Becton is not complaining about playing time. 

How could Becton complain about playing time - He hasn't played!  He is complaining about not playing a position he wants.  No difference there.  There is talk of him possibly filing a grievance.  I doubt he does it but he is really no different than Moore.  A whiny baby who has proven nothing yet believes all should be given to him on a silver platter.  I hope he STFU and plays well, then all his BS will disappear.

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm very happy with this. This guy proved he was not even there at the time this happened. He has a huge leg and a chip on his shoulder. Sign him and have him go for the Punter job. 

The Jets are hosting free agent P Matt Araiza for a visit.

A former sixth-round pick by the Bills in last year's draft, Araiza was promptly released by the Bills after being accused of rape in a civil lawsuit during his time at San Diego State. After the university announced no reported findings against Araiza, he's now expected to receive some interest from teams as he looks to find his way back into the league. During his time at San Diego State, Araiza set the FBS record with an average of 51.3 yards per punt, and has the most 50-plus yard punts (39) in a season.

Don’t take this as me saying he’s wrong or right and what not. But he did at 22 sleep with a 17 year old consensually. Which is still wrong. He wasn’t part of the rape. But has admitted to sleeping with an underaged girl. So there are still red flags here.

16 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Don’t take this as me saying he’s wrong or right and what not. But he did at 22 sleep with a 17 year old consensually. Which is still wrong. He wasn’t part of the rape. But has admitted to sleeping with an underaged girl. So there are still red flags here.

He was 21 and at a college party and told him she was 18. Should he have asked her for ID? She also was the predator not vice versa. There are no red flags. If he was 17 and she was 21 this would be a none story. Also in NY 17 is legal for consent, in some states its 16. Not stating what is right and wrong, simply the facts. When you get accused of something false, it stays with you. It isn't fair. The girl really cost this kid a lot. We have significantly worse guys in this league who are glorified. I'll gladly take a punter who banged a 17 year old at a college party who said she was 18. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ekill08x said:

He was 21 and at a college party and told him she was 18. Should he have asked her for ID? She also was the predator not vice versa. There are no red flags. If he was 17 and she was 21 this would be a none story. Also in NY 17 is legal for consent, in some states its 16. Not stating what is right and wrong, simply the facts. When you get accused of something false, it stays with you. It isn't fair. The girl really cost this kid a lot. We have significantly worse guys in this league who are glorified. I'll gladly take a punter who banged a 17 year old at a college party who said she was 18. 

It didn't matter what age of her.  When he had sex with her he KNEW she was from HS and he was what Junior or Senior in college.    Good sex may not make this girl report to authority.  Drunk sex or rough sex may.  If he can't tell the difference between them then he is up to no good.

Becton situation is saddening me but if I pick the side it will be his, not coaching staff.    Lack of action in last two years and rejected 5th year option should frustrate him but Becton should be given to compete at LT at the same time as practicing at RT under new coaches.    Starter status should the upmost important thing to Becton this year.