Jump to content

2023 Off-season Talk


Bobby816

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Clemons is 290 lbs and moving inside. Not sure how much I like that. 

He's going to play that hybrid JFM role, which I think is the right call for both Clemons and the team. 

He doesn't have the bend / fluid movement to be a top-end edge rusher and with the depth we have he wasn't going to have a consistent role. I think he has for more upside as a pass rusher inside. Was really good against run, to where he should hold up at DT and will still play DE in obvious run situations.

Excited about this one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Clemons has been groomed to be DT so I am happy that he is size ready for DT role this year.  His power is already there but let's hope he doesn't lose any quickness for 290.

I was told that he and JFM will be used for all positions on the line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2023 at 6:04 PM, jetfuel34 said:

DeAndre Hopkins is out there. I would love to bring him in and cut Davis. 

Jets not interested in him?    It must be money issue as Jets will have to adjust their salary cap for this and next years on both Rodgers and Williams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Clemons has been groomed to be DT so I am happy that he is size ready for DT role this year.  His power is already there but let's hope he doesn't lose any quickness for 290.

I was told that he and JFM will be used for all positions on the line.

I was happy to hear that Clemons may get some snaps inside, but he will be rotating with JFM, Jefferson, Williams, and Woods. I thought he deserved more snaps last season along with JJ. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For you guys that wanted Jimmy G looks like his career might be over. I'm glad the Jets did not go after Mr. Glass (Jimmy G)

Hall looks like he will be ready for week 1 and Becton is doing really well too. A lot of good things going on. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

For you guys that wanted Jimmy G looks like his career might be over. I'm glad the Jets did not go after Mr. Glass (Jimmy G)

Hall looks like he will be ready for week 1 and Becton is doing really well too. A lot of good things going on. 

 

I hear you about Jimmy G. But for those of us that wanted him, we knew nothing of the injury. Also, the Raiders signed him regardless although they put protections in the contract. I don’t think JD would have entertained signing Jimmy G with what we now know. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is why the Jets were okay at DT. They know Clemons and JFM are able to play on the outside and inside. Clemons already played inside a good amount last season, he is very effective at it. 

He was never a speed rusher, he is a power guy. 

 

McDonald is gonna be the speed on the edge to get around the corner. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

That is why the Jets were okay at DT. They know Clemons and JFM are able to play on the outside and inside. Clemons already played inside a good amount last season, he is very effective at it. 

He was never a speed rusher, he is a power guy. 

 

McDonald is gonna be the speed on the edge to get around the corner. 

This was the plan all along. That is why they wanted McD so bad. I love how JD even said that the Pats would trade to pitt and take Jones. He got one over on all these guys. Clemons is going to be very good at DT too. McD is going to be the best EDGE we have seen since John Abraham. He will be a 10 plus sack guys for years. He just on 15-20 and does not lose any speed or bend. Look out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

You have to have a better backup than Nick Mullins to make a comment like that. 

That's the thing though. Nick Mullins is easily a better QB than Zach Wilson. Heck, the guy we drafted in the 5th round Jaren Hall, who replaced Wilson at BYU might be at the same level.

I picked your team to win the Superbowl, but you need a better QB2. Wilson should be fine on the practice squad I imagine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

That's the thing though. Nick Mullins is easily a better QB than Zach Wilson. Heck, the guy we drafted in the 5th round Jaren Hall, who replaced Wilson at BYU might be at the same level.

I picked your team to win the Superbowl, but you need a better QB2. Wilson should be fine on the practice squad I imagine.

He’s going to learn from Rodgers and get better though lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

That's the thing though. Nick Mullins is easily a better QB than Zach Wilson. Heck, the guy we drafted in the 5th round Jaren Hall, who replaced Wilson at BYU might be at the same level.

I picked your team to win the Superbowl, but you need a better QB2. Wilson should be fine on the practice squad I imagine.

For starters Rodgers next to never gets injured (knock on wood). So a QB2 isn’t as big of a need for us as it is let’s say MIA with Tua. Especially how much a good backup costs these days. Spend that cap elsewhere for that 2 year window.

 

And while I wouldn’t bet on it….. the chances of Wilson sitting and learning behind Rodgers for 6 months can only have a positive impact. Not going to say Wilson is good, in fact I will say how awful he is. But he was 5-0 at a point last year when he came back from injury. So we can win with him. Now we only won 1 of those games with decent play from him. But regardless he can be serviceable if he had to play a few games.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am as optimistic as the next Jets fan, and I believe we will have an elite D, top 5 should not be out of the question.

Making the playoffs and even winning the division should not be ruled out. The key will be keeping AR upright.

We have enough of a running game to keep defenses honest, AR has the OC of his dreams and WR's he hasn't had since his younger days. 

But we should also be aware that injuries happen, and Wilson could be playing this year if AR loses any time because of an injury.

This is why the Jets insisted on AR playing 65 percent of the snaps. Insurance in the event he misses any games. In fact 65% equates to 11.05. 

If AR misses 7 games the Jets are only on the hook for a 2nd rounder, if he plays more than 11 games its a 1st rounder.

The season success will rest upon the OL in large part, because the Jets strengthened the DL in the draft and FA. Don't get me wrong, they added some nice offensive pieces and a track star RB in the draft. The Jets are loaded to WIN NOW!

Bringing in a 4 time 1000 yard rusher would make a considerable difference IMHO who is a FA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...