2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

On 6/9/2023 at 7:36 PM, rickyt31 said:

Miami will definitely sign Cook and stress me out this season. 

He is getting older and the injuries are adding up. He is on te down hill slid. He is more of a 3rd down back or split duty back. This reminds me of guys like Stephen Jackson, Todd Gurley, and others. They have too many careers on their legs from college and the pros. Most RB start to slid around 27 years old. Reallygood RB have about 5 - 6 good years in them. Then they have another 2 or 3 average years with a flash of them oldselfs and boom done. 

On a side not Zach Wilson looks like he put on weight and I see pictures of a bunch of them having fun all over. The team chemistry is there. Zach is throwing laser too. Reports stat he is throwing up to 70 mph with the football.. That is getting uo there with people like Favre and Elway for power. I still hate Zach but he has improved and to the backup job like a champ. Maybe just maybe Wilson will step in after 2 years and take over. 

Amos is average and cost 4 mill so not too bad. Then you add it is only a 1 year deal. 

I'm very excited about this year and my only problem is that Q has not signed yet. Saleh keeps saying he is not worried at all about Q and his contract situation. Lawson took a good size paycut to stay here and I hope Q comes in with a number that the Jets can work with. If he wants something stupid like 30 mill a year see ya!!! 

10 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Adrian Amos is good. He’s also the player the Bears took with the pick we traded for BMarsh…full circle I guess

Remember looking into Amos post-trade / draft. Here we are 8yrs later. This made me feel old.

2 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Only the Jets

Wow just Wow. Here we are not even in July and they lost a starter. Guess some reports are coming out that Hall may not be fully ready until mid season or not at all this year. This is why the Jets are connected to Cook right now. 

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Wow just Wow. Here we are not even in July and they lost a starter. Guess some reports are coming out that Hall may not be fully ready until mid season or not at all this year. This is why the Jets are connected to Cook right now. 

Link?

17 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Link?

The Athletic's Zack Rosenblatt said he's "skeptical" Breece Hall (ACL) will have a "seamless return" to the Jets lineup. 

Jets coaches and players have expressed nothing but optimism about Hall's recovery from a 2022 ACL tear. In May, head coach Robert Saleh said he's "very optimistic" Hall will be ready for Week 1. The second-year back is unlikely to be a full go for Jets training camp next month, but could be ramped up ahead of the regular season. That doesn't mean Hall would immediately take on a workhorse role in New York's offense. He could be eased into action over the season's first half, similar to how the Ravens handled J.K. Dobbins' knee injury in 2022. The Jets could also be interested in signing Dalvin Cook if Hall isn't going to be 100 percent this season. Hall's redraft ADP could fall this summer if these reports continue to trickle out of Jets beat writers. 

On 6/14/2023 at 2:15 PM, jetfuel34 said:

The Athletic's Zack Rosenblatt said he's "skeptical" Breece Hall (ACL) will have a "seamless return" to the Jets lineup. 

Jets coaches and players have expressed nothing but optimism about Hall's recovery from a 2022 ACL tear. In May, head coach Robert Saleh said he's "very optimistic" Hall will be ready for Week 1. The second-year back is unlikely to be a full go for Jets training camp next month, but could be ramped up ahead of the regular season. That doesn't mean Hall would immediately take on a workhorse role in New York's offense. He could be eased into action over the season's first half, similar to how the Ravens handled J.K. Dobbins' knee injury in 2022. The Jets could also be interested in signing Dalvin Cook if Hall isn't going to be 100 percent this season. Hall's redraft ADP could fall this summer if these reports continue to trickle out of Jets beat writers. 

That is misleading. 

What the Jets said was they were trying to manage Hall to keep him from overdoing it. 

Hall is already running 22 MPH and cutting all over the field. They are trying to be cautious with him.   But yeah, Barkley took a year to really get back to himself. Hopefully Hall returns and stays healthy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm good with the Jets being underrated. I'm good with all the question marks and naysayers, those who think Rodgers has lost a step.

I'm good with all the Hall talk about him not being ready for the season, and perhaps not getting back into form until next season.

That the FA signings were nothing spectacular or that the 2023 draft class and in particular McDonald was a reach. That the Jets outside of Tippman did nothing to address the T position, having a 39 yr. old on what would be his last contract in the league and coming off surgery.

Another player who hasn't been able to stay on the field and hasn't played in 2 years and battled weight issues since he entered the league.

I'm good with being underrated, and undervalued, my hope is that it lights a fire under these guy's, outside of what AR brings to the table both in professionalism and leadership.

Many of the Jets signings, are guys playing for a future, one year and out players, players who have something to prove. Players which could be on another team next year playing for the bare minimum or out of the league. 

Injuries played a big part of the Jets last season, hopefully the percentages could even out, and the Jets reveal to the rest of the league that they are legitimate contenders.

The Defense showed up last year, the offense disappeared, as a team we expect the offense to be lights out better and the defense to pick up where it left off last season.