2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He isn’t what we need. He’s just a QB Who we will realize after a few games isn’t gonna get us where we want to go and then we’ll be looking to replace him.

We need to either get a top tier NFL QB in here or develop the kid we drafted or will draft in the future. 

Derek Carr has played in 1 playoff game, he’s on the wrong side of 30, doesn’t elevate a team, got benched this season while having a 1st team all pro RB and WR and still couldn’t get it done. 

Jets need to grow up and do the work instead of trying to put on band aids.

How many playoff games did Stafford win before he won a SB in LA? 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

He isn’t what we need. He’s just a QB Who we will realize after a few games isn’t gonna get us where we want to go and then we’ll be looking to replace him.

We need to either get a top tier NFL QB in here or develop the kid we drafted or will draft in the future. 

Derek Carr has played in 1 playoff game, he’s on the wrong side of 30, doesn’t elevate a team, got benched this season while having a 1st team all pro RB and WR and still couldn’t get it done. 

He has only played in 1 playoff game because he broke his leg in his other playoff season. The reason for this is because since coming into the league in 2014 his defense ranks dead last in points allowed. I don't see how we can pin his lack of team success on him. Also, aside from his rookie season he has never finished below 14th in passing yards. In that same timespan the jets have not had a single qb even finish in the top 14 in passing yards. He has quite literally never thrown for less yards than our qb. He is a HUGE upgrade over what we've been working with this past decade and if our team is going to be built on a running game and defense he's a great  option for us. Franchise QBs don't just appear out of thin air and he is a really good option and only 31.

7 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

He has only played in 1 playoff game because he broke his leg in his other playoff season. The reason for this is because since coming into the league in 2014 his defense ranks dead last in points allowed. I don't see how we can pin his lack of team success on him. Also, aside from his rookie season he has never finished below 14th in passing yards. In that same timespan the jets have not had a single qb even finish in the top 14 in passing yards. He has quite literally never thrown for less yards than our qb. He is a HUGE upgrade over what we've been working with this past decade and if our team is going to be built on a running game and defense he's a great  option for us. Franchise QBs don't just appear out of thin air and he is a really good option and only 31.

He’s never accomplished anything in his career worth guys thinking he’s gonna take us where we want to go. 

The last we’ve seen of him would be blasted by this fan base and media and we’re gonna trade pick(a) and pay him $40M. No thank you. 

Douglas and Saleh need to do the work. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He’s never accomplished anything in his career worth guys thinking he’s gonna take us where we want to go. 

The last we’ve seen of him would be blasted by this fan base and media and we’re gonna trade pick(a) and pay him $40M. No thank you. 

Douglas and Saleh need to do the work. 

What do you propose they should do then? Draft another rookie? I don’t really see a better option other than trading the house for Lamar 

14 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I'm not opposed to the bolded as long as we're actively working towards a long-term solution. Carr isn't the guy you bring in to bridge the path - not for the money, commitment or media attention he'll command. He's a "band aid" level player with all the baggage of a franchise QB.

Stafford got to the playoffs 3 times and went 0-3 in 10 seasons

Carr got there twice in 8 years and went 0-1 (was hurt for the other game)

his defense has allowed the most points in the nfl since he was drafted.

he has finished top half in the league in passing every single year outside of his rookie year and it’s not like he’s had top tier weapons ever aside from davante this year.

i get he’s not Allen or mahomes but we aren’t getting a top tier guy like that. Jobs are on the line here Douglas and Saleh aren’t putting their jobs on the line for another rookie qb. 

if anyone sees a better option I’m all ears but I don’t aside from Lamar who we don’t even know is available.

5 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Stafford got to the playoffs 3 times and went 0-3 in 10 seasons

Carr got there twice in 8 years and went 0-1 (was hurt for the other game)

his defense has allowed the most points in the nfl since he was drafted.

he has finished top half in the league in passing every single year outside of his rookie year and it’s not like he’s had top tier weapons ever aside from davante this year.

i get he’s not Allen or mahomes but we aren’t getting a top tier guy like that. Jobs are on the line here Douglas and Saleh aren’t putting their jobs on the line for another rookie qb. 

if anyone sees a better option I’m all ears but I don’t aside from Lamar who we don’t even know is available.

Your last sentence makes it seem like you’re just willing to settle. That’s frustration from the past few years talking. It’s a panic move if I’ve ever seen one.

• Like 1

Is it not telling how eager Raiders fans are to get rid of the guy? Equally as desperate for a franchise QB and they want nothing to do with him. He's not in that upper echelon of QBs capable of carrying a team, which you're effectively asking any QB to do when you give them $40m. His career winning percentage is .441.

Not to mention he's notoriously bad in cold weather and struggles with pressure from the media (Just my observation, but a lot of Raiders fans say the same).

I would much rather focus on building an elite roster - improve the OL, add a few pieces on defense - there's a reasonable path to having a top-5 rushing team and defense next year. 

54 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Is it not telling how eager Raiders fans are to get rid of the guy? Equally as desperate for a franchise QB and they want nothing to do with him. He's not in that upper echelon of QBs capable of carrying a team, which you're effectively asking any QB to do when you give them $40m. His career winning percentage is .441.

Not to mention he's notoriously bad in cold weather and struggles with pressure from the media (Just my observation, but a lot of Raiders fans say the same).

I would much rather focus on building an elite roster - improve the OL, add a few pieces on defense - there's a reasonable path to having a top-5 rushing team and defense next year. 

I mean I get what you’re saying but every team has been eager to move on from players and they have huge success on their next team. LV had 0 defense to help the O.

Want a similar situation. A lot of this fan base wants to be done with Mosley. But I guarantee you every other team in the league would love him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Your last sentence makes it seem like you’re just willing to settle. That’s frustration from the past few years talking. It’s a panic move if I’ve ever seen one.

You’re not wrong. We haven’t made the postseason since Sanchez. I’m just looking for this team to be playing competitive football in January it’s been way too long. I think carr gives us a great chance to make the postseason with the roster we have and we’re not gonna be drafting high enough to get a top tier qb prospect. I get what you’re saying we could end up like Minnesota and in purgatory but I’m sick and tired of missing the playoffs and I think carr gives us the best chance out of all of our options