2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

3 hours ago, dcat said:

I had a feeling this was going to happen. There is a lot of haters out there but I love it. AR is all in for the next 2 years. I said this from day one he was here for at least 2 years. I still think he can play 3-4 years. The Jets now have the money to pay a few key guys like Becton if he goes off this year. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

D. Cook is flying in tonight to talk to the Jets. Looks like he will be signed by the weekend. I'm not mad at this because it will save wear and tear on Hall. 

I was ok with our backfield. But Cook is one of my favorite RBs, always loved his game. It will be cool seeing him as a Jet. I think he still has gas left in the tank. 

3 hours ago, N4L said:

Any word on how Ruckert has looked? Do you guys expect anything from him this year? 

By all accounts, Ruckert has looked good. He will probably not start over Conklin or even Uzomah, but he will get some snaps per game. My feeling is that he will be our starting TE next year assuming either Conklin or Uzo or both are no longer on the team. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 10:00 PM, NYJets4716 said:

I was ok with our backfield. But Cook is one of my favorite RBs, always loved his game. It will be cool seeing him as a Jet. I think he still has gas left in the tank. 

A lot of people say he's in a state of decline.  Last season was a dip for sure and I read this tidbit on a fantasy site, but still relevant

EXPERT NOTE

We may have finally seen the end of Dalvin Cook's elite status among fantasy RBs in 2022. The Vikings star RB finished dead last among all ball carries in rushing EPA and rushes for zero or negative yardage. Cook ended the season as the RB8 overall and RB10 in points per game despite earning the league's 4th-highest opportunity share (78%). With Minnesota re-investing in the running back position with Alexander Mattison returning, Cook was let go from the roster. Given Cook's downfall in efficiency, fantasy football managers need to proceed with caution drafting him even if he ends up signing in a juicy landing spot.

I really hope we sign Cook. I want Hall to take as much time as he needs. It also makes it harder for defenses to take away anything from us. Can't focus too much on the pass with Hall/Cook in the backfield.  Can't load the box against Rodgers and our targets.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I really hope we sign Cook. I want Hall to take as much time as he needs. It also makes it harder for defenses to take away anything from us. Can't focus too much on the pass with Hall/Cook in the backfield.  Can't load the box against Rodgers and our targets.  

I think he signs a very low 1 year deal to prove himself in the market next year. This is almost like Fournette situation. He propbab;y signs for like 5-6 mill. I think JD has an OL guy he is going after. Not sure who it is might be GB LT Dave B.