2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

46 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

McDonald, Tippmann, Izzy, Barnes all having great games.

Yup. Looks like a strong draft class. 

McDonald is so athletic and smooth, he is going to be a problem for OTs on passing downs. His run defense is his weakness right now, he needs to add some more muscle. 

Joe Tippman is a stud at center, he'll be a long time starter for us.  Super athletic and can do things McGovern simply cannot. 

I like how the offense is operating under the new coaching staff, definitely looks like a more experienced staff that has a flow to how they call the game. You can see how they set up plays vs MLF who seemed lost. 

Jermaine Johnson looks like a man amongst boys out there, he is primed to breakout.  The JEts DL is very talented. 

I did not watch the game.  How did Zach look?  His stats and highlights looked good, but did he look comfortable back there?  Did he go through his progressions?  How was Mekhi?  Aside form what like a communication sack, did he look comfy?  How was the O play calling?  Others on another forum are singing Hacketts praises.  Is it justified?

No bias please, just raw analytical assessment.

39 minutes ago, xrade said:

I did not watch the game.  How did Zach look?  His stats and highlights looked good, but did he look comfortable back there?  Did he go through his progressions?  How was Mekhi?  Aside form what like a communication sack, did he look comfy?  How was the O play calling?  Others on another forum are singing Hacketts praises.  Is it justified?

No bias please, just raw analytical assessment.

Only really paid attention to Zach.

He looked to have improved. Was fairly quick to look at his check down if the main read wasn't open.  Ball placement was pretty good most of the time, the best example was an incompletion on a deep throw down the sideline. Hit the receiver in stride, would have been a td, but the defender made a great play to tip the ball away.

There were some plays that weren't great too. Overthrew knight on a third down that should have been an easy pitch and catch. Also, on his roll out TD throw I thought he let his mechanic get sloppy, leading to a throw that forced the receiver to have to go to his knees to catch despite being completely open. There were a couple balls too, where he threw receivers into defenders which lead to receivers dropping the balls. Not sure if it's something he did wrong or just a product of the play calls and who was open.

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

OL seems to be a problem, no surprise.

I wonder if they swing a panic trade for an OT

Not sure, a lot of teams are having OL problems. The OL today was LT-Turner LG-Tippman C-McGovern RG-Wes RT-Mitchell 

Both Tomlinson and AVT were out for minor injuries.  Becton is increasing his reps, I think its a matter of time before he starts getting starter reps again. He is clearly better than Turner and Mitchell.  

Duane Brown is supposed to return at some point soon, he is probably locking down the LT spot as the coaches love him.  Saleh acknowledged today that Becton could end up at RT. With Becton it is all mental right now, him gaining confidence in his knee. 

19 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

OL seems to be a problem, no surprise.

I wonder if they swing a panic trade for an OT

I still think Zach Martin is still in play from the Cowboys. i think they swing a deal for him and kick AVT to tackle. I'm not holding out hope for Brown or Becton. I look at it this way

Brown Tomlinson Tippman Martin AVT.

If Brown is hurt then it will look like this

AVT Tomlinson Tippman Martin Mitchell

41 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I still think Zach Martin is still in play from the Cowboys. i think they swing a deal for him and kick AVT to tackle. I'm not holding out hope for Brown or Becton. I look at it this way

Brown Tomlinson Tippman Martin AVT.

If Brown is hurt then it will look like this

AVT Tomlinson Tippman Martin Mitchell

Dallas just redid Martin's deal. I'd bet he's staying there. 

24 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Idk how I feel about Rodgers tagging Bakhtiari in those posts. Just opens up the door for speculation and an unnecessary distraction especially with the OL being in shambles right now.

Thought that was a joke/edited when I saw it.

You'd think Rodgers would only do that if there were substance behind it.

Becton started getting reps at RT. IMO its going to happen.  Our starting OL will be LT-Brown LG-Tomlinson C-McGovern (for now) RG-AVT RT-Becton.

Tippman is quickly climbing up, but I think its likely that McGovern being the veteran probably starts at first because of his experience. But Saleh was saying how Tippman has elite ability. 

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

Thought that was a joke/edited when I saw it.

You'd think Rodgers would only do that if there were substance behind it.

Idk. Could also be him telling Bakh to kiss his butt or something lol.

But overall it’s got people talking and I’ve never been a fan of players being openly critical of their teammates or coaches. 

I'm in Pittsburgh, was driving into work tonight and heard on the local sports radio that Jason peters plans to visit a few teams. Philly, Dallas and the NYJ are on the short list. 

While I understand the guy is over 40 years old, he is still above average even at his age. Could be great insurance/depth if one of our current tackles go down for injury. Not sure on which tackle position peters would be open to playing at. 

Also curious how much it would cost to land him, 1 year 6 million? or would it be more of a duane brown type contract, 1 yr 10 million?

On 8/17/2023 at 2:39 PM, KingOfNewYork said:

Idk how I feel about Rodgers tagging Bakhtiari in those posts. Just opens up the door for speculation and an unnecessary distraction especially with the OL being in shambles right now.

lol Bak responded on twitter " I own that a**." I thought that was hilarious.