2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

15 hours ago, drew39k said:

Plus cobb is an old retread.  Mecole, to this point is a gadget guy. Honestly, of the available fa wrs, I'd want Mims back. Never going to happen.

If anyone needs to be back it's Moore. Giving him away put us in a hole, and CD leaving just made that deeper.

I don't think this is a major issue. Lazard was signed to be a number 2, was he not? Hardman and Cobb will fill the No. 3 role, and maybe a guy like Brownlee or Taylor gets a bigger shot. Plus, Rodgers has three tight ends to throw to. This might give Ruckert a bigger shot.

I don't think we need to panic. I always felt Davis was a cut candidate anyway.

If Zach Wilson was still the QB, then you panic. But not because Corey Davis is retiring, but because Zach Wilson is your QB!

:)

Just now, Jag68Sid87 said:

I don't think this is a major issue. Lazard was signed to be a number 2, was he not? Hardman and Cobb will fill the No. 3 role, and maybe a guy like Brownlee or Taylor gets a bigger shot. Plus, Rodgers has three tight ends to throw to. This might give Ruckert a bigger shot.

I don't think we need to panic. I always felt Davis was a cut candidate anyway.

If Zach Wilson was still the QB, then you panic. But not because Corey Davis is retiring, but because Zach Wilson is your QB!

:)

lazard has never produced as a number 2 spending his whole career the rodgers. hes not a number 2.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

WHAT??? You want Mims back the guy is a bum. I want Jarvis Landry now or Golladay. 

Jarvis Landry doesn't have size and he's old. Going into his 10th season now with three straight declining years and a significant injury history. 

Golladay atleast has size but man, talk about "a bum" his last three years combined... 63 receptions 860 yards and 3 yds during his "prime".

Yeah, I'd personally take Mims who is just as much of a bum but atleast has the tools and youth on his side, where if it clicks or if an offense can figure out how to beat use his talents, he could be a productive player. Again, like I said, It will never happen. Both sides burned that bridge.

The only "available" wr that's any good is devante Adams and he isn't actually available, imo.

4 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

If anyone needs to be back it's Moore. Giving him away put us in a hole, and CD leaving just made that deeper.

Oh I'd agree. Unlike Mims, he actually produced on the field. He clearly fell into the Saleh doghouse and I don't think anyone has gotten out of it one they got in it. Maybe becton might? 

21 hours ago, ekill08x said:

lazard has never produced as a number 2 spending his whole career the rodgers. hes not a number 2.

Hardman's not a quality #3 either. Injury to Wilson and this group might be the worst in the league. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 10:32 AM, ekill08x said:

yeah, that was a weird trade. looks even worse now. 

Did you forget Moore dogging it? Or his rantings while we were winning?  I didn’t. Good riddance. He was probably going to be cut. If that is the best deal we could get, so be it. It’s not like he actually did anything either.

• Like 2