2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You cannot justify what MLF did with this offense and have every QB look awful and think “just add a QB.” It really isn’t that simple and every year we have this same discussion. It’s never as simple as people make it and then hearts get ripped out when we win 4 games the next season.

I'm not so sure MLF should be canned just yet.  Have we ever seen his system function with a competent OL and QB?  Those two pieces tend to be very big parts of any offense.  We sit at home and question play calling yet does it really matter what play is called when the OL can't block and the QB has to hurry his throws?

I'd like to see what MLF could do with a decent OL and at least a starting caliber QB.

4 minutes ago, xrade said:

I'm not so sure MLF should be canned just yet.  Have we ever seen his system function with a competent OL and QB?  Those two pieces tend to be very big parts of any offense.  We sit at home and question play calling yet does it really matter what play is called when the OL can't block and the QB has to hurry his throws?

I'd like to see what MLF could do with a decent OL and at least a starting caliber QB.

IMO he doesn't deserve a chance to see what he can do with that. He showed 0 ability to come out in games and start with a great game plan. He refused to adjust things for whoever was at QB. And has no clue how to best utilize his players.

For me.... he'd be gone already.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

IMO he doesn't deserve a chance to see what he can do with that. He showed 0 ability to come out in games and start with a great game plan. He refused to adjust things for whoever was at QB. And has no clue how to best utilize his players.

For me.... he'd be gone already.

The fact that Saleh disagrees is why I have little faith that he is the right guy for this team. Lot of good young talent and that is great but all that matters is wins and this guy can't scheme or gameplan to save his life or job. This entire staff is littered with coaches that are unqualified for their positions.

Saleh is the best HC we've had since Rex. He mishandled the QB situation for sure, but you can see how the whole locker room is behind this guy. If he's backing MLF (not sure how true that is), then it's probably because of the type of coach he is - he stands up for his guys. There's something to be said about staying loyal when it comes to team moral and respect.

I'm not too afraid of going another year with MLF. Again, I think our QB situation made it much worse, but on the downside, there's no way Zach can walk into the same exact situation and feel refreshed, so he's likely gonna be garbage next year too. My hope is for a totally new QB to walk into the same system, tear it up a year or two, and that'll be the spark that hopefully ignites Zach in year 4/5.

The idea (that seems pretty clear) that MLF and Saleh think Wilson just isn't showing in games who he can be/is in practice. Rather then altering things to get the best out of him NOW. Is what has me baffled. We run it back with MLF and it will just be the same thing like this last season. Which unfortunately will have us slightly below .500 again with a fired staff and us going back to the drawing board at QB yet again.

17 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Just mentioned this in my previous post. That first year shouldn't count because it wasn't with a coach he picked. So I'm not looking at that record the same way. Everyone wanted to blow up the roster, so he did. He got players we can build around now. He did miss on Wilson, but he has a chance to correct it this offseason. If he doesn't come away with a upgraded QB, then I'm putting him on the hot seat. As of now, I can't put him there. 

I agree the seat isn't hot, yet... it's beginning to warm up like when you sit on the toilet too long though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xrade said:

All 3 QBs were awful this year, if one was good I would be like hmm maybe something is there but MLF was awful. He couldn't produce touchdowns for us. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

All 3 QBs were awful this year, if one was good I would be like hmm maybe something is there but MLF was awful. He couldn't produce touchdowns for us. 

Maybe all 3 QBs just suck lol? I want MLF gone too though, he absolutely sucks. I think both are correct.

• Like 1