Who should be held accountable?

AlexGreen#20

I want to get a poll of where the board is at with the top guys (MM/Dom/TT)

I'm only gonna be counting posted votes, so make sure you post in the thread and not just submit your vote at the top. 

Who do you want gone next year? 

I'll post a potential replacement thread after this one has run it's course, let's try and keep it focused on who needs to be gone rather than talking wishlists for now.

Make sure if you vote, you also hit #5 for polling purposes

I'm fickle so it depends on a combination on my mood, the last game and the prose of whoever post I just recently read. When I'm cautious I'd be OK with just Capers and when I feel adventurous / pissed off I also want MM gone.

I don't think TT has to go but I'm at that point where I wouldn't be mad about any changes either. This team needs a kick in the butt so I'm not going to complain about any firings, and I fully aknowledge they could easily backfire.

Well like a true American I voted before reading the directions clicking "I voted" and nothing else, but somehow it balanced out with someone else who did the same clicking "Capers" and not including "I voted".

What I meant to indicate with my vote was "none of the above" (including not the "none" option). I'm conditionally open to changes at DC but I'd want someone available that was either an established upgrade or a young but obviously talented younger coach who has innovated in some way, however small, to show they understand and can handle the changing game at a high level). 

MM has lots of problems that it doesn't take a football mind to see, but I don't think you blow up a working relationship as good as the one he has with Rodgers until it isn't working. Not at this point in Rodgers career. He gets too much out of him for me to gamble with a change there.

TT drafts well enough for me given where we pick. I wouldn't hate him being replaced by someone with similar ideas from the same personnel tree/tradition, but I don't think we need to move on from him. His FA moves I think work out above average, despite some higher profile disappointments. That's just NFL Free Agency for you. With Rodgers I think you can get away with "Above average". Getting to the playoffs every year if Rodgers is healthy is how you give yourself a chance to win SBs. If we gamble and miss on this position with a radical change there is a lot more room to get worse than there is room to improve by making a small upgrade.

I voted TT and Capers. TT because we're already close to the end with him and all the retirement talk. Dorsey is available again after the Chiefs let him go and then you have guys like Russ Ball or Eliot Wolf who they seem to be grooming for this role. Perhaps now is a good time to finally make that switch and TT can focus solely on being a scout(which he loves)

Capers because the defense has been middling at best in a myriad of categories for the past 4-5 yrs that at this point the team is simply just spinning it's wheels on that side of the ball

I'll also like to add in that Zook should be gone too. ST hasn't been good and worst of all they lead the league in penalties. Undisciplined group

I don't realistically expect all 3 moves to happen fyi because I just can't see this team making so many switches in one offseason. I'll accept just moving on from Dom. Start there

I want all of them fired honestly.  I think McCarthy still has it as a coach, I think Thompson is a top 5 GM in this league.  The only problem is that if we get rid of only one of them, they're going to be a scapegoat and all the blame for this year will be attributed to that one player.  There are problems with this team that each of those three are responsible for.

The only reason I want Thompson gone is because I want my new GM bringing in his own coach, and I think Thompson should retire and not have his hands in a new head coach.

I want them all fired not because I think they all deserve to be fired, but all of them have flaws that I'd like to move on from. 

Archived