Who should be held accountable?

AlexGreen#20

I'd be fine with a clean sweep.  I think it's been proven out that we don't have a very good roster, and that Rodgers is the guy that makes it go.  Ted has missed on too many picks in recent years, and let some good players leave the building.  McCarthy has a stale offense that goes thru stretches of not working .. even with the great Aaron Rodgers.  Without Aaron it's a train wreck.  Capers goes because of too many post season failures.  

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'd be fine with a clean sweep.  I think it's been proven out that we don't have a very good roster, and that Rodgers is the guy that makes it go.  Ted has missed on too many picks in recent years, and let some good players leave the building.  McCarthy has a stale offense that goes thru stretches of not working .. even with the great Aaron Rodgers.  Without Aaron it's a train wreck.  Capers goes because of too many post season failures.  

I feel like there's a 50% chance today would be a catastrophe

46 minutes ago, RoellPreston88 said:

At least I acknowledge a problem, that’s a step ahead of many people here. They seem to be okay w getting shut out at home.

NOBODY here is okay with getting shut out at home but we know this situation is TEMPORARY.  This year is lost but the future isn't.  Be glad we aren't Bills or Browns fans.

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

NOBODY here is okay with getting shut out at home but we know this situation is TEMPORARY.  This year is lost but the future isn't.  Be glad we aren't Bills or Browns fans.

We're just the Browns with Rodgers to these guys pugs

If TT is so bad, why do we want to get him out the door just to replace him with guys that he has mentored for years and years? I don't think he has done poorly given his draft position.  

I think it is time for some changes on defense.  I see a lot of teams with better defenses, and while we don't have a superstar on that side of the ball, I don't think we are as talent deficient as it sometimes looks.

I didn't vote.  :P 

1 minute ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

If TT is so bad, why do we want to get him out the door just to replace him with guys that he has mentored for years and years? I don't think he has done poorly given his draft position.  

Schneider's mentor was Ron Wolf. http://sports.mynorthwest.com/21009/a-chat-with-john-schneiders-mentor-ron-wolf/

Dorsey's mentor was Ron Wolf. http://www.chiefs.com/longreads/2016/johndorsey.html

McKenzie's mentor was Ron Wolf. http://www.espn.com/blog/oakland-raiders/post/_/id/7306/reggie-mckenzie-thrilled-for-his-mentor-ron-wolf

If the expectations of the Packers GM is to (1) not do poorly in the draft, (2) never make a trade of consequence, and (3) use free agency less often than any other NFL GM, then I agree there are no grounds to criticize TT and we should all be content with the state of the roster. 

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

If the expectations of the Packers GM is to (1) not do poorly in the draft, (2) never make a trade of consequence, and (3) use free agency less often than any other NFL GM, then I agree there are no grounds to criticize TT and we should all be content with the state of the roster. 

Has there been a SINGLE poster who said that TT isn't without fault?  No.  So when we can get past that fact that you keep repeating, we might be able to have a productive discussion.

3 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Schneider's mentor was Ron Wolf. http://sports.mynorthwest.com/21009/a-chat-with-john-schneiders-mentor-ron-wolf/

Dorsey's mentor was Ron Wolf. http://www.chiefs.com/longreads/2016/johndorsey.html

McKenzie's mentor was Ron Wolf. http://www.espn.com/blog/oakland-raiders/post/_/id/7306/reggie-mckenzie-thrilled-for-his-mentor-ron-wolf

Those top two are who I would go after if I was Mark Murphy.  If I could get one of them to commit to being the GM I'd thank Ted for all he's done and get moving forward with the new guy,  I'd put McCarthy's fate in the new GM's hands.  

The expectations for any GM in the NFL is to assemble a roster that wins games and competes for a championship.  Ted Thompson has done that since arriving in Green Bay.  This will be his 4th time missing the playoffs in 12 seasons? His team has won one Super Bowl and been to two more NFC championships in that time, and up until this season his team has made the playoffs 8 straight seasons. *All these numbers are off the top of my head.

Yes, Ted Thompson has done a good job as GM of the Green Bay Packers.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Has there been a SINGLE poster who said that TT isn't without fault?  No.  So when we can get past that fact that you keep repeating, we might be able to have a productive discussion.

I'm confused as a supposed Ted supporter was it's assumed I'm fine how inactivity in fa or trades. I'm not. He needs to not be so stubborn there. Look, he did that this year. He did what they wanted. But tot knew Bennett was a bad idea. And nobody else has changed anything, even pre Rodgers injury. And the guys who walked the last two years? They all want then back. WHAT THE ****

Ron is treated like he won MANY titles. He WON the exact amount Ted did. And before you whine he went twice, none of you would use SB losses as a plus for anyone on this staff, so just stop before you even try.

3 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

The expectations for any GM in the NFL is to assemble a roster that wins games and competes for a championship.  Ted Thompson has done that since arriving in Green Bay.  This will be his 4th time missing the playoffs in 12 seasons? His team has won one Super Bowl and been to two more NFC championships in that time, and up until this season his team has made the playoffs 8 straight seasons. *All these numbers are off the top of my head.

Yes, Ted Thompson has done a good job as GM of the Green Bay Packers.

If we had signed more guys or did more trades, but still hadn't won again, they wouldn't be like well I'm glad he's trying to use all avenues!! Lol no. It would just shift. 

Like you say, it's about building a good roster and winning.. Not the most outside players. It's about outcomes. They just assume since we rarely do it that it's the reason we failed. 

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

If we had signed more guys or did more trades, but still hadn't won again, they wouldn't be like well I'm glad he's trying to use all avenues!! Lol no. It would just shift. 

Like you say, it's about building a good roster and winning.. Not the most outside players. It's about outcomes. They just assume since we rarely do it that it's the reason we failed. 

But Howard Green made that one play! FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Agency!

Ted has done just as well with free agents as most others as well, his good signings just don't count.  

2 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

But Howard Green made that one play! FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Agency!

Ted has done just as well with free agents as most others as well, his good signings just don't count.  

That's how these games are played. They ignore every good thing but they have all the bad tattooed onto their brains. And they argue against a group of imaginary people lol

Archived