Who should be held accountable?

AlexGreen#20

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 3:45 PM, spilltray said:

Exactly none of those guys are leaving for a demotion so it's totally apples and oranges. If he gets fired different rules but he's not going to choose to leave for a position coaches job. It's a pretty silly point to try and defend even.

Is it apples and oranges?  Wade Phillips, Mike McCoy and the others could have said, nope, I am HC and HC only, I won't take anything less. (Back stepping)  Did they?  Look, my point to all this was very simple.  If the Packers offered Leonard a job as DB coach, I would be ok with it.  Is it possible?  Sure is, whether it makes sense to us or not, we don't know what Leonard is thinking, yeah it's possible. It's possible that Mike McCoy might be a HC again someday.  Sometimes we can try to over think someone's statement and make more out of it then we should. So, can we just agree with this, for whatever reasons known only to Jim Leonard, the Packers call him up and offer him a job as DB coach and he accepts, we could live with it?  I could.

5 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Is it apples and oranges?  Wade Phillips, Mike McCoy and the others could have said, nope, I am HC and HC only, I won't take anything less. (Back stepping)  Did they?  Look, my point to all this was very simple.  If the Packers offered Leonard a job as DB coach, I would be ok with it.  Is it possible?  Sure is, whether it makes sense to us or not, we don't know what Leonard is thinking, yeah it's possible. It's possible that Mike McCoy might be a HC again someday.  Sometimes we can try to over think someone's statement and make more out of it then we should. So, can we just agree with this, for whatever reasons known only to Jim Leonard, the Packers call him up and offer him a job as DB coach and he accepts, we could live with it?  I could.

When did we sour on Joe Whitt and Darren Perry?  And, why would Leonhard agree to be the DB coach for the Packers instead of the DC at his alma mater?

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

When did we sour on Joe Whitt and Darren Perry?  And, why would Leonhard agree to be the DB coach for the Packers instead of the DC at his alma mater?

Again, never said we soured on Whitt or Perry.  Again, never said he would or wouldn't, just stated I would be ok with it, if it happened.  I really hope your just busting my chops with this stuff.  

13 hours ago, jleisher said:

Yes it is apples to oranges because none of them are giving up a better job to step back. They are unemployed and taking what they can get.

It simply is a Madden style pipe dream. People don't make moves like that. It doesn't happen, and you came up with a list of examples that just don't apply.

Only way he's leaving Wisconsin on his own is for a DC or head coach position. It really is that simple.

14 hours ago, jleisher said:

Leonard won't leave Wis as DC for a DB coaching position in Green Bay - silly thought even. Replacing Capers is essenatial but not with another older DC who has bounced around. 

22 hours ago, jleisher said:

Again, never said we soured on Whitt or Perry.  Again, never said he would or wouldn't, just stated I would be ok with it, if it happened.  I really hope your just busting my chops with this stuff.  

If you're hiring Leonhard to be your DB coach, that means you fired on Whitt and Perry.  So...why would they have fired Perry or Whitt?  And this whole Leonhard discussion is crazy talk.  When was the last time a college coordinator took a positional coach in the NFL that wasn't fired?

Archived