*WILDCARD* Cowboys @ Bucs

one_of_a_kind24

1 minute ago, one_of_a_kind24 said:

From his presser, sounds like he wants to play next year, just not here. Gave a long 'thank you' speech at the end of it.

Not a surprise, so what OC candidate can the team attract with Trask as the only QB under contract.  Going to be a very interesting offseason.  Bowles didn't exactly hire great OCs with the Jets.  Sigh.

Fitting end to the season last night. Early reports are that we're going to press hard to have Brady return, but honestly I think it's best for both sides to move on. Father time finally started to show signs of catching up to Brady this year. He just has no chemistry with Evans at all either. Add in that he's an absolute statue and our O-line issues and it's a recipe for failure IMO.

We're not going to be in position to get a 1st round QB IMO, but probably looking at a mid round QB. I think they need to be looking at the potential stop-gap QB's to bridge (i/e the Derek Carr and Jimmy Garappalo types). 

1 hour ago, one_of_a_kind24 said:

Woke up this morning, and Leftwich still isn't fired. Disappointed.

IMO, the longer that Leftwich is not fired, the greater the chance the entire coaching staff goes.  One can only hope.  Bowles in 5 yrs as a HC, only 1 winning season.  Let him stay, just delays the inevitable by a year.

Bowles coaching record- 34-50 with zero playoff wins.

Edited by ravishingone

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

IMO, the longer that Leftwich is not fired, the greater the chance the entire coaching staff goes.  One can only hope.  Bowles in 5 yrs as a HC, only 1 winning season.  Let him stay, just delays the inevitable by a year.

Bowles coaching record- 34-50 with zero playoff wins.

Everyone wants to crown BA for being a genius

How the hell did he leave us in the hands of these imbeciles with zero backup plan 

I remember thinking at the time "Man, I really don't like this whole BA stepping down bs" yet the media just wanted to talk about how he left them in the best possible position.

I say GTFO

If he was such a genius then he also knew THE MOMENT he left,  that this is what was going to happen and that doesn't sit well with me

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47

32 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Everyone wants to crown BA for being a genius

How the hell did he leave us in the hands of these imbeciles with zero backup plan 

I remember thinking at the time "Man, I really don't like this whole BA stepping down bs" yet the media just wanted to talk about how he left them in the best possible position.

I say GTFO

If he was such a genius then he also knew THE MOMENT he left,  that this is what was going to happen and that doesn't sit well with me

That's the issue though, the Glazers and FO should've done their own research and made an independent decision. 

I mean these guys are close with BA, he wasn't going to throw them under the bus or not recommend them. 

8 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

That's the issue though, the Glazers and FO should've done their own research and made an independent decision. 

I mean these guys are close with BA, he wasn't going to throw them under the bus or not recommend them. 

With the SB victory, BA had a lot of sway in who was going to be the next HC so close to the win.  The next HC after BA left was going to be from his own staff.  Now, could Goodwin done a better job?  Maybe.  The issue right now is there is no reason to believe Bowles is a top 10 HC after 5 seasons in that position.  I just do not know how the Glazers can justify Bowles because 4 of those years were in NY.  Bowles best season in NY was year 1 - 10-6.  Are we to believe if Brady does not return- Bowles can improve on an 8 win season?  That is just silly to me.  

50 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

There really wasn't any time to make any decisions. When BA stepped down it was during the oddest time you could pick for a coaching change. He basically left us high and dry with no time to make many adjustments or look for replacements. So either he was confident or he was literally trying to hook up his buddies. And either way our team got screwed. 

I hate Leftwich and have for sometime, Bowles is a great coordinator but is spineless and not a leader, they both deserve blame, but so does BA for so called "grooming" these guys and hooking them up with jobs only for them to fail miserably even with a great cast.

2 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

There really wasn't any time to make any decisions. When BA stepped down it was during the oddest time you could pick for a coaching change. He basically left us high and dry with no time to make many adjustments or look for replacements. So either he was confident or he was literally trying to hook up his buddies. And either way our team got screwed. 

I hate Leftwich and have for sometime, Bowles is a great coordinator but is spineless and not a leader, they both deserve blame, but so does BA for so called "grooming" these guys and hooking them up with jobs only for them to fail miserably even with a great cast.

I will make the argument this is year 4 of the Arians era and has seen decreasing results over the last 2 years.  I doubt there are a lot of Bucs fans who believe Bowles has earned the right for a second season.  The BA retirement was very odd and the true reasons may never be known.  The concern about Bowles and Leftwich was the lack of interest from the rest of the league.  The league appears to be proven right.  Not sure what an extra year to Bowles accomplishes.  I don't want to see another year with him at the helm for sure.  

On 1/17/2023 at 8:23 AM, kgarrett12486 said:

Fitting end to the season last night. Early reports are that we're going to press hard to have Brady return, but honestly I think it's best for both sides to move on. Father time finally started to show signs of catching up to Brady this year. He just has no chemistry with Evans at all either. Add in that he's an absolute statue and our O-line issues and it's a recipe for failure IMO.

We're not going to be in position to get a 1st round QB IMO, but probably looking at a mid round QB. I think they need to be looking at the potential stop-gap QB's to bridge (i/e the Derek Carr and Jimmy Garappalo types). 

Our O-Line ranked 12th. I think it's a recipe of it not being perfect (it never will be anywhere) to him clearly not wanting to take any hits (can't blame him he's 45 years old lol but means he shouldn't be playing) and he's become more a statue than ever before. 

On top of that - defenses didn't respect the vertical game. He was so bad with hitting intermediate routes all year consistently. Father Time has won and bucs need to face facts. While Bowles claims its not going to be a rebuild - you're 44MM in the hole with Guys like Dean, Neal, Edwards, David, Noches, Gholston, Nelson, Nassib, Bunting, Ryan, and Hicks hitting FA. 

On top of that - you have bad contracts to guys like Davis, Fournette, Barrett, Mason, and Smith. You can get out of Smith and Mason but you create a huge void at LT. It's easier to replace a guard than a LT. 

Add in Tom Brady leaving and Blaine - you are left with Trask and limited draft assets. White is in a contract year who has underperformed. Davis is not a top Corner so you have to find a way to keep Dean. you're without two safeties entering FA so expect a cheap signing to fill the plug next to Winfield. Bunting will get a decent sized deal around 6-7 MM. Nelson showed flashes as an edge rusher which means a team with cap $ will pay him around 8-10 million. Nassib will probably return on a short term vet friendly contract. 

Smith and Mason are going to be cut. The penalty isn't too bad if we cut Fournette. But all that Cap Wizardry done in 2021 to retain this roster and sign some guys last year (who were the wrong guys - Davis, Fournette, Gage over Cappa and Whitehead) really hurt us long term. 

QB

RB

LT

RG

TE depth 

DT

Edge

MLB

Corner

Safety 

^^ All will be needs come March. 

Edited by RedandPewterReturns