Wildcard Round: San Francisco 49ers vs Seattle Seahawks

J-ALL-DAY

Even if/when Lane comes back for the Eagles, he almost certainly won't be at 100%. We saw firsthand last year what tends to happen when your QB and star OT are playing hurt. Do agree that the Eagles should be favored in a hypothetical NFCCG, but it shouldn't be by much

51 minutes ago, N4L said:

When we played them on TNF, we had Ward shadow DK a lot. LOVE that matchup for us. Ward did not shy away and DK was extremely frustrated. Ward has the size, length, strength and ball skills to match up with him. Crazy this man was a UDFA

Lenior will matchup fine with Lockett or whoever else they have. His coverage is good. He has not seemed to fold, and it appears that he has not lost confidence in himself. He has always been a confident guy. 

I expect Elijah to be heavily involved this week. They are weak up the middle, their LBs are bad at run fitting. We are a nightmare matchup for them. 

Are the Niners playing more zone or man in the secondary? I always thought the played more zone to hide the coverage issues in the back end.

37 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I see its supposed to rain on Saturday and projected to be a high of 57 degrees with winds of 12mph. Not sure how much rain exactly

We saw firsthand that bad weather is an equalizer. Hope this doesn't make the game closer on Saturday

The rain and the wet field is going to be one of the keys in this match up for sure. Luckily for us, Mitchell is back so if the conditions are bad, we have someone else we can go to if CMC can't get it going. Shouldn't be TOO bad though, I think only a quarter of inch of rain is being predicted during the game. 

40 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I think this is will be the highest playoff point spread between the 49ers and their opponent since the 49ers played the Vikings in the 1997 divisional round where they were 11.5 point favorites. 49ers won that game 38-22. 

I remember the Niners were like 20 point favs in the 1994 SB against the Chargers.

• Like 1

https://www.footballzebras.com/2023/01/nfl-assigns-officiating-crews-for-the-wild-card-playoffs/

Saturday, Jan. 14

NFC Wild Card: Seahawks at 49ers, 4:30 p.m. FOX

Alex Kemp is the referee, who is in his 9th season and 5th as referee. This is Kemp’s 5th postseason assignment; all 5 have been Wild Card Playoff games.

He reffed our 49ers-Cowboys playoff game last year FWIW

4 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Shanahan just said in his presser that Kalia Davis will be shut down today and will not be activated. 

Ah darn, really wanted to see what he had, but then again the playoffs are not the place to start learning how to play the position in the NFL.

something else to look forward to next year I guess 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Ah darn, really wanted to see what he had, but then again the playoffs are not the place to start learning how to play the position in the NFL.

something else to look forward to next year I guess 

Yeah, it's the right decision. I'm looking forward to see how he does in training camp and pre-season later this year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gridirongorilla said:

The part of this game that bothers me the most is the Hawks made the playoffs but they also have the 5th pick in the draft.

Yeah, they definitely have a bright future and start to a rebuild. 2 young corners, 2 bookend tackles, and an emerging rb - all rookies. That’s crazy potential. I liked both Coby and Tariq as a possible corner selection in the draft, but to actually get that level of play out of them. 

Edited by StevenK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StevenK said:

Yeah, they definitely have a bright future and start to a rebuild. 2 young corners, 2 bookend tackles, and an emerging rb - all rookies. That’s crazy potential. I liked both Coby and Tariq as a possible corner selection in the draft, but to actually get that level of play out of them. 

The Seahawks also have 2 good edge pass rushers who had just below double digit sacks this year. I hope Trent Williams & Mike Mcglinchy are up to the task this weekend.