Wildcard Round: San Francisco 49ers vs Seattle Seahawks

J-ALL-DAY

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

NFC quarterbacks

2nd, 7th, 4th, 6th, 4th, 1st, and 2nd round picks. The only first round pick was Daniel Jones lol

AFC

1st (trade up), 1st (trade up), #1 overall, #1 overall, 1st, 1st (assuming Lamar plays), 1st (assuming Teddy plays) round picks

The Lamar situation is weird. Is he hurt worse than originally thought? I don’t get it

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He still has swelling in his knee and was seen limping last week. 

The run first QB's like Lamar are no use when playing with any type of lower body injury that inhabits mobility since they can't stand still in the pocket and throw if they have to. If this injury is to a pocket passing QB like Tom Brady then it's highly unlikely he misses the game e.g. Brady playing with a torn MCL the entire 2020 season.

Thinking out loud here, but I wonder if we're able to beat the Seahawks this weekend if the team will wear their home throwbacks next weekend. And if they're able to win that game, if they'll wear their all white throwbacks for NFC title game if it's on the road. 

I'm looking for any reason for them to wear those unis. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Thinking out loud here, but I wonder if we're able to beat the Seahawks this weekend if the team will wear their home throwbacks next weekend. And if they're able to win that game, if they'll wear their all white throwbacks for NFC title game if it's on the road. 

I'm looking for any reason for them to wear those unis. 

I could see them petitioning to do so, but the league has to approve I believe, we should see the red playoff endzones though.

51 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

I could see them petitioning to do so, but the league has to approve I believe, we should see the red playoff endzones though.

Oh, right. I think I remember something about that from last season's matchup with the Cowboys. Didn't they want to wear them for that game but the NFL said no?

35 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Oh, right. I think I remember something about that from last season's matchup with the Cowboys. Didn't they want to wear them for that game but the NFL said no?

It was actually the 2019 Superbowl in Miami. 

• Like 1

Always tough to see a divisional opponent in the playoffs. The Seahawks don't scare me, but of all the possible situations this was the one that I think is the hardest for Purdy. Seahawks have nothing to lose here. Carroll can play mental gymnastics with his players about having no shot etc. He is a master motivator and a damn good football/defensive coach. This will be his second shot at Purdy and this will be the first time he sees a team a second time. 

Run the ball 30-40 times. I assume the Seahawks will sell out to stop the run, but either way get creative with how you run the ball. Piggyback with play action. It will be interesting to see if they try to take away the middle. 

Ultimately nothing that Seattle does is scary. Geno doesn't stretch the field, he looks to dump it off and thats beneficial for the Niners d.

Niners should win going away 30-13

• Like 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/11/christian-mccaffrey-dre-greenlaw-remained-limited-wednesday/

McCaffrey initially went on the report with the knee injury in Week 13, and he has been on every report since. The past six weeks, he has had either limited work or none the first two practice days of the week before being a full participant on the final practice day.

Seems like this is normal for McCaffrey

• Like 3