Wildcard Round: San Francisco 49ers vs Seattle Seahawks

J-ALL-DAY

38 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

We were still in good position to win that monsoon game until the team started self destructing. We need to play disciplined and clean. No dumb penalties or turnovers 

We were in good position until Greenlaw got that dump penalty. That does not happen and we probably win the game 10-0. That changed everything. Unfortunately, that loss along with the Broncos loss cost us the #1 seed. Sucks. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

We were still in good position to win that monsoon game until the team started self destructing. We need to play disciplined and clean. No dumb penalties or turnovers 

Yeah, plus that one broken play to Dante Pettis of all people. 

It also didnt help that the storm intensified after the bears got the lead. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, N4L said:

Yeah, Lance threw a bad pick, but he was playing reasonably before the monsoon. Hard to expect anyone to do anything in that weather. Just had to lock the game up before that happened.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Yeah, Lance threw a bad pick, but he was playing reasonably before the monsoon. Hard to expect anyone to do anything in that weather. Just had to lock the game up before that happened.

We have had some bad weather games as fans over the last few years - the washington game in 2019, the colts game in 2021, I believe baltimore as well was wet, but there was not another game where I legitimately could not see the field on TV because of the sheer volume of water coming down from the sky. There was a moment or two where it almost looked like my stream was buffering. 

I guess one way to look at it is that we get to redeem ourselves for that loss? lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N4L said:

We have had some bad weather games as fans over the last few years - the washington game in 2019, the colts game in 2021, I believe baltimore as well was wet, but there was not another game where I legitimately could not see the field on TV because of the sheer volume of water coming down from the sky. There was a moment or two where it almost looked like my stream was buffering. 

I guess one way to look at it is that we get to redeem ourselves for that loss? lol 

I had the pleasure of being at both the bears and Washington game. Washington game was worse as far as the whole game was underwater. But the 4th quarter of the bears game was insane. You can’t expect to do anything in that weather. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Week 1 was horrible to try & watch, I couldn't tell who was who it was a monsoon, it was that bad. Washington game in 19 was terrible too, but looked better on TV TBH.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, N4L said:

I thought it would be fine after halftime, seemed to die down, then the flood gates opened, it was nuts looking on TV, can't imagine trying to play a football game in that kind of weather.

• Like 1

A good point I think was made in the comments regarding the weather, and if it's bad that would possibly be worse for the Seahawks who really rely on a deeper passing attack for their offense to function. We'll see what happens, but it should be fine. 49ers have played in many bad weather games in the playoffs through the decades at Candlestick which was a worse stadium in rougher shape. 49ers usually won those games due to just being the better team, and at home. Even in the losses I never really thought the weather was what costed them the W. This 49ers unit is really coming into form, and shouldn't be stopped by the conditions. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

Looking at our 10 game win streak. We almost always start slow in the 1st half and then dominate in the 2nd half 

We were down 14-10 to the Rams. Up 14-10 & 21-13 to the Cardinals. Up 17-10 vs the Dolphins. Down 16-10 to the Chargers. Down 17-14 to the Raiders. Tied 7-7 vs the Commanders. We won a lot of these games pretty comfortably except for the Chargers & Raiders 

We had a double-digit lead in only 2 games - 28-0 vs the Bucs & 14-3 vs the Seahawks. Bucs remained a blowout win, Seahawks game ended up being a one-possession win

Basically, I wouldn't be surprised if at least the 1st half is close no matter what. But it'll be important to have a big lead early as field conditions presumably worsen. We do NOT want to be behind and needing to pass to win in this weather which last i checked, was upto 35 MM of rain & 20 miles per hour of wind (checked Santa Clara weather on weather network app)

12 hours ago, N4L said:

Nick Bosa GIFs | Tenor

My favorite moment from Bosa's rookie year! Loved this game sooooooooooo much! I keep this gif on my phone all the time. Probably time to break this out again tomorrow! Plaster it all over text messages to my siblings....It might annoy them greatly. 😎