Regular season is over. What are your thoughts on the regular season?

cconocool

I thought this would be an interesting topic.

I don't know if KOC is a better coach than Zimmer, but he won all of those close games where Zimmer was terrible. I don't know how I feel about the NFL becoming an analytics league. 

KOC was the real talent behind the Rams Super Bowl run and his ability to get receivers open is remarkable. 

The Defense stunk, but they still won games. Bend but don't break philosophy. It is totally different than Zimmer's get the other team 3 and out. I don't know if they should change coordinators next season.  A team cannot be both defensively and offensively dominant as they always tilt one direction or the other. 

The O-line looked great. The health there was spectacular and that immensely helped Cousins. If Bradbury is let go, I feel just draft another C with an earlier pick.

I was curious how well many of the holdovers fit the system, and if they don't fit well, are they trade/cut material? Kendricks didn't seem like he had his usually presence despite leading the team in tackles. Danielle Hunter got his sack numbers, but he felt ineffectively in comparison with Z Smith. 

Z Smith was the best offseason signing we had. No wonder the Packers won so many games with him.

JJ is the best receiver in the league. Thielen is long in the tooth, but remained a good secondary option. Osborne looks like he could switch the secondary threat. I imagine many mock drafts will post us taking a receiver with out first selection, but IDK. 

Cook posted typical Cook numbers, but I feel like Mattison fit the offense better. 

It’s been a crazy season. Maddening at times. Euphoric at others. We had two all time Vikings games (Buffalo and Indianapolis) and multiple embarrassments. We won 13 games. We got crushed in the others. 

I won’t know what to make of this season until we’re eliminated. 

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

We got crushed in the others. 

you know what? none of those blowout losses bothered me. because i'd rather lose that way than on the last play of the game, as we did so many times last year.

here's to the 2022 season! and may next year be even better!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vike daddy said:

you know what? none of those blowout losses bothered me. because i'd rather lose that way than on the last play of the game, as we did so many times last year.

here's to the 2022 season! and may next year be even better!

It wouldn't have had to be that bad though

The negative point differential is still so weird, even though its entirely irrelevant at this point. All that matters is outscoring our opponents in the playoffs.

This was a wild season. More fun than 17 and maybe on par with 09. I just hope we are a little more fortunate in January/February. Skol!

I've enjoyed the season thus far and am actually glad that I have no expectations on this team for the playoffs despite the record.  They could lose this next weekend and I'd still be okay about the season as a whole.  It seems that they've played with house money all season long, which made it enjoyable.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, vike daddy said:

it. was. fun. as. hell!

pretty much this. I can understand the Vikings probably won more games then their talent level would suggest, but it still happened and was still very fun.

and I am totally on board with Kevin O'Connell leading this franchise as a head coach. 

• Like 1

Let's look at the FACTS guys . . . this squad won 13 games, tied for 2nd most in team history.  The narrative of Kirk Cousins changed. He won close games, come-back style; he won in primetime, and he beat teams with winning records (5 of them to be exact) at the time we played them.  The team also beat four teams with .500 records at the time of play. 

They faced 5 teams currently in the playoffs, going 3-2 against them.  It's all 0-0 now . . . but we have a punter who put 32 punts inside the 20 with only 1 touchback -- the whole season . . . that's flipping the field twice per game!!!

Our Red Zone D . . . our D . . . how does one discuss this team's D?🤔  All I can say is they're situationally-aware savants.  But when they're bad . . . ooofdah!!!

Looking forward to a long post season. 

• Like 3