Coaching changes coming? Update: JDR fired!

Humble_Beast

20 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Read twitter, both Mack and Irvin came back yesterday.

Most beat writers believe JDR is safe because of his contract. Mark Davis won't want to pay him to not coach the raiders unfortunately.

Del Rio isn't going anywhere even if the season goes down from here. Irvin needs to play better if he didn't want Norton fired. Mack has always been a team leader and will be fine. If he's really PO'd than I'd not resign and just trade him for some picks to rebuild the Defense.

4 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I think JDR needs to follow KNJ to the unemployment line. However, I think he’s safe unless the Raiders go 0-6 or 1-5 in their final 6 games.

I agree pretty much completely with this statement.

11 hours ago, G said:

Del Rio isn't going anywhere even if the season goes down from here. Irvin needs to play better if he didn't want Norton fired. Mack has always been a team leader and will be fine. If he's really PO'd than I'd not resign and just trade him for some picks to rebuild the Defense.

I completely disagree with the bolded.

Personally I think that JDR will be judged by the defenses performance which I think he can pin the problems on both a lack of talent and Norton. As for the offense he could say downing was in over his head and will be replaced. I think JDR is the Jason Garrett of the AFC, he’ll be good if the staff and players around him are at an elite level. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Shouldn't be hard to find coach that's an upgrade over JDR. Josh McDaniels if he's learned to be relatable to players could be fun lol

Patriots coordinators are typically terrible once they leave New England and B. Belichick.  B. Belichick turns every coordinator into a hot commodity.  I'd rather go with the OC for the Eagles or the Vikings.  Maybe even look into the DC of the Jaguars.  We should also look into hiring Mike Vrabel, DC for the Texans, for the HC position if we do end up firing JDR in the near future.  Just throwing some names out there.

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

Patriots coordinators are typically terrible once they leave New England and B. Belichick.  B. Belichick turns every coordinator into a hot commodity.  I'd rather go with the OC for the Eagles or the Vikings.  Maybe even look into the DC of the Jaguars.  We should also look into hiring Mike Vrabel, DC for the Texans, for the HC position if we do end up firing JDR in the near future.  Just throwing some names out there.

Plus it’s pretty evident that he wants to be the Patriots HC after Belichek retires. Thing that’s really important is having a HC who understands the whole GAME not just a guy who’s a good play caller. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Shouldn't be hard to find coach that's an upgrade over JDR. Josh McDaniels if he's learned to be relatable to players could be fun lol

I don't think having a personality is something you can learn haha. He was just an ******* by all accounts but it's shielded in the disciplined environment of NE with Belicheck.

Archived