Around the NFL - Coaching Carousel

textaz03

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2023 at 5:18 PM, textaz03 said:

This breaks my Cowboy heart.

This guy is a damn good football coach. His animation on the sideline shows his passion for what he does. And his scheme is very simple, but consistent; he doesn't try to break the mold with creativity that gets lost in the ruckus of a game. Maintain your gaps, hold your zone, and just play smart.

Everything I've seen from his time running that D in SF tells me he will be an amazing HC. May have a rough time in Houston with no talent. But he is a good coach. I wanted him so bad to take over here in Dallas.

Not that I'm unhappy with Quinn's D. But he won't be here forever. And at some point, McCarthys nonsense mistakes are going to cost this team one too many games for Jerry's liking. And this just took one of the best up and coming lead men off the market for Dallas. Really sucks 

1 hour ago, Dallas94Ware said:

This breaks my Cowboy heart.

This guy is a damn good football coach. His animation on the sideline shows his passion for what he does. And his scheme is very simple, but consistent; he doesn't try to break the mold with creativity that gets lost in the ruckus of a game. Maintain your gaps, hold your zone, and just play smart.

Everything I've seen from his time running that D in SF tells me he will be an amazing HC. May have a rough time in Houston with no talent. But he is a good coach. I wanted him so bad to take over here in Dallas.

Not that I'm unhappy with Quinn's D. But he won't be here forever. And at some point, McCarthys nonsense mistakes are going to cost this team one too many games for Jerry's liking. And this just took one of the best up and coming lead men off the market for Dallas. Really sucks 

Ryans is building a great staff here in Houston. They have the picks to make it work.

They land a solid QB for them to build things around...look out. 

6 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

If nothing else this gets 2 quality coordinators out of Philly and I like that. Philly falling on their face is always good. Sirianni being the head man of such a fall is just a perk. 

Well, there are 2 lines of thought on this:

1. The homer- This was a good thing. We need a real DC. This guy sucks. He cost us the SB. We will get a new DC and OC and win it next year.

2. The realist- Odds are this has the potential to be gut shot. First off, the Iggles won 14 games under these 2. Chemistry doesn't just materialize out of thin air. It's bad enough losing 1, 2 will be a stretch.

They have 15 FAs to resign. 7 of them key contributors. Again, not just FAs, but once that had that chemistry that worked with the other players. If Kelce goes, their ILine will suffer large.

They should have a much tougher schedule, being SB runner ups. The NFC East alone sent 3, almost 4, teams to the playoffs. Giants will only get better. Dallas is coming off of back to back 12 win seasons. 

They won't have the element if surprise this year. Let's face it, who'd of thought Philly, after getting bounced out of the playoffs in the 1st round last year, would be the #1 seed this year? The RPO offense, the addition if AJ Brown and Haasan Reddick. They're not sneaking up on teams this year.

Keep punishing your QB. If they keep pounding Hurts, his body will not hold up very long. He is great at what he does, but this style of QB doesn't last long in today's league.

• Like 1