Joe Woods fired

NateDawg

My feelings on this   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Describe them

• Elated
    • Took too long
    • Just give my man some talent to work with!
    • Regrettable
    • ojabo edge would have helped

I agree that this means Stefanski is staying. If there was any thought to replacing him, I would think he would have been let go first. It doesn't make any sense to interview DC candidates - and then get replaced yourself a week later.

I think this should be a relatively quick process. All of the aforementioned possibilities are not currently in the playoffs. I am also sure that they didn't just wake up this morning and decide to fire Joe Woods. I am sure preliminary conversations have already taken place.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

DB coach Jeff Howard needs to go as well. I am sure he was part and parcel to the communication issues that plagued our DBs. I still cannot believe he said it - with a straight face no less - that losing two of the Bengals best WRs  a few weeks ago "stressed our ability to adapt" (or whatever the quote was).....

Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

DB coach Jeff Howard needs to go as well. I am sure he was part and parcel to the communication issues that plagued our DBs. I still cannot believe he said it - with a straight face no less - that losing two of the Bengals best WRs  a few weeks ago "stressed our ability to adapt" (or whatever the quote was).....

The whole defensive staff is fired with the coordinator. The new guy can choose to keep them if they like, but they usually bring their guys.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Preiffer for real not getting chopped?

Preifer is fine. Our only big ST mistakes were the 2 onside kick recoveries. Other than that the ST didn’t lose us any games. Which is all you can realistically ask for that unit. The missed FGs are on the kicker. Not the coach. He lost grant before the season started so he never had a real return guy back there. We didn’t give up any return TDs. He might not be the best but he didn’t do enough bad to get fired. 

• Like 1