Joe Woods fired

NateDawg

My feelings on this   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Describe them

• Elated
    • Took too long
    • Just give my man some talent to work with!
    • Regrettable
    • ojabo edge would have helped

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Our only big ST mistakes were the 2 onside kick recoveries. Other than that the ST didn’t lose us any games. Which is all you can realistically ask for that unit.

Oh the soft Stockholm syndrome of the low expectations of being a lifelong Browns fan. Losing us a game because we can't recover an onside kick is a pretty big deal for a unit that is on the field as little as ST. Also, as in the days of Eric Metcalf, or as the Bills illustrated yesterday, you can actually ask a lot more of your ST than just not losing us games. They can be a positive factor with the right variables in place!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Oh the soft Stockholm syndrome of the low expectations of being a lifelong Browns fan. Losing us a game because we can't recover an onside kick is a pretty big deal for a unit that is on the field as little as ST. Also, as in the days of Eric Metcalf, or as the Bills illustrated yesterday, you can actually ask a lot more of your ST than just not losing us games. They can be a positive factor with the right variables in place!

Seriously. I’m sick of just hoping for them not to screw something up, I want our ST to actually be a weapon that contributes to wins and on occasion maybe carry us to a win.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Seriously. I’m sick of just hoping for them not to screw something up, I want our ST to actually be a weapon that contributes to wins and on occasion maybe carry us to a win.

I think that went out the window when we drafted a rookie kicker and our all pro returner got hurt pre season. 

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think that went out the window when we drafted a rookie kicker and our all pro returner got hurt pre season

But also, under Priefer I've literally held my breath every time we are on kickoff our punt return coverage praying we don't get gouged, and conversely every time we are returning, I pretty much don't even expect to break a big one, let alone a TD.

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think that went out the window when we drafted a rookie kicker and our all pro returner got hurt pre season. 

The rookie kicker actually did his part and won a game.  I didn’t see the return teams do that. 

Im not sure what Preifer does that any basic *** HS coach couldn’t do.  They do nothing particularly clever, the rookie looks like a rookie and they needed to sign a vet punter as he couldn’t develop Gillan.

Like, what does he do??

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The rookie kicker actually did his part and won a game.  I didn’t see the return teams do that. 

Im not sure what Preifer does that any basic *** HS coach couldn’t do.  They do nothing particularly clever, the rookie looks like a rookie and they needed to sign a vet punter as he couldn’t develop Gillan.

Like, what does he do??

I’m not saying he’s a high level coach who makes everyone great. There’s probably very few of those as ST coaches. But he’s good enough. That’s all I’ve ever wanted from a ST coach. He’s not Chris tabor. We don’t give up giant returns every game. I wouldn’t fire him just because. We’re middle of the road in total return yards given up. Good enough for me. 

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m not saying he’s a high level coach who makes everyone great. There’s probably very few of those as ST coaches. But he’s good enough. That’s all I’ve ever wanted from a ST coach. He’s not Chris tabor. We don’t give up giant returns every game. I wouldn’t fire him just because. We’re middle of the road in total return yards given up. Good enough for me. 

I haven’t looked at numbers recently but the last time I did we weren’t middle of the road in anything. Our coverage teams and return teams were near the bottom of the league.

The punter was good, that was it. 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I haven’t looked at numbers recently but the last time I did we weren’t middle of the road in anything. Our coverage teams and return teams were near the bottom of the league.

The punter was good, that was it. 

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/team-kickoff-return-yards-allowed

looks middle of the road to me. 

if I’m looking at it correctly. 

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

There are coaches who have done more with less 

Yep.  I feel like our ST look like if my dumb arse was coaching them.

”idk fella, just go out there and kick the hell out of it.  You fellas run like hell and try to tackle the sumbitch with the ball”…..  “welp, just line that joker up and kick it.  Maybe toss some grass in the air and see if the wind’s doing some weird ****.”

• Like 1