1st 2023 Mock Off Season

Bobby816

Just now, jetfuel34 said:

Well you do have the cap going up and I don't think no one knows yet how much. The big problem is Q will want 20-25 mill a year and he should get that too. He is the best DT in the league unless Aaron Donald comes back. 

Oh ya Kliff Kingsbery is out. Time to move on him now fire MLF and move Kliff in. 

Yeah it may go up but we have a decent amount of expiring contracts and finally players worth extending. I am a huge Joe Douglas fan. His job has been pretty easy though thus far. He got rid of bad players, cleared cap and got assets to draft more blue chip players. He did a terrific job of that. Now is where we really find out what we have in a GM. Manage the cap and the roster and make difficult decisions to maximize the weak spots we have on the roster. It is going to be interesting. Aside from the QB market, I don't see us very active in the FA market. 

Also a big yes to Kingsbery.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I know, I think there's options beyond outright cutting them. It's gonna depend on who he targets obviously. 

Yeah I really hope so. Going to really see what we have in JD this offseason. This is where the real GMs show their worth. 

26 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Not very many teams can offer him a for sure starting role. There's less than 10 teams that can do that and probably 3 of those are drafting QBs top 10 this season.

Raiders(McDaniels connection), Commanders, Colts, Panthers, Saints, Buccaneers, Vikings(Cousins gone?), Cardinals(Murray’s health in question), Patriots(would Bill bring him back?) and Texans(Caserio).

So yeah 10 teams or so, he’s got options I think the Raiders are the one to watch personally. 

Over the cap has us at 15m under for 2013.  If we are entertaining the idea of buying a QB and upgrading other spots I expect the following cuts.

Lawson saves us 15M

Corey Davis saves us 10M

Berrios saves us 5M

Ashtyn Davis saves us about 1m

That's 31M.  Whitehead might because it saves us like 7m

On 1/9/2023 at 2:10 PM, NYJETS52 said:

Over the cap has us at 15m under for 2013.  If we are entertaining the idea of buying a QB and upgrading other spots I expect the following cuts.

Lawson saves us 15M

Corey Davis saves us 10M

Berrios saves us 5M

Ashtyn Davis saves us about 1m

That's 31M.  Whitehead might because it saves us like 7m

Add Mosley to that list. His cap hit is $21m and we save $17m if hes a post June 1st cut. How he made the pro-bowl is a mystery to me but to pay him $21m for his production and impact is malpractice. He either takes less or its finally time to move on. Anyway can sit there and make tackles 5-7 yards down field in this defense.  He can't cover or run anymore. 

9 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Add Mosley to that list. His cap hit is $21m and we save $17m if hes a post June 1st cut. How he made the pro-bowl is a mystery to me but to pay him $21m for his production and impact is malpractice. He either takes less or its finally time to move on. Anyway can sit there and make tackles 5-7 yards down field in this defense.  He can't cover or run anymore. 

I don't think Mosley goes anywhere. I think he does take a pay cut but he was not that bad. He is the leader of this great D and a lot of the communcation runs through him. i think the D did really well and don't want that big of change. The d was on the field like 75% of the time and they still put up a 4th ranked D. Then you add this D went from one of the worse D in Jets history to a top 4 in 1 season. That is the biggest jump in NFL history and you want to cut the MLB who helped a lot in doing this? 

9 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

For someone who is supposed to be known for leadership and instincts he made one of the top boneheaded plays this entire season. 

Quincy's miss on the Lions TE?

I won't fault Mosley on that. It was a good mis-direction play on the Lion's part and it wasn't even his guy.

I'm also pro-keeping-Mosley. He's slow on coverage but his ability to call the defense on the field out weights that for me. What we need is better SLB play, and as much as I love Quincy, he's the definition of hit-or-miss.

55 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Quincy's miss on the Lions TE?

I won't fault Mosley on that. It was a good mis-direction play on the Lion's part and it wasn't even his guy.

I'm also pro-keeping-Mosley. He's slow on coverage but his ability to call the defense on the field out weights that for me. What we need is better SLB play, and as much as I love Quincy, he's the definition of hit-or-miss.

No jumping over the pile on 4th and 1 when they were obviously going to punt. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

For someone who is supposed to be known for leadership and instincts he made one of the top boneheaded plays this entire season. 

Hes also supposed to be the defenses communicator and is constantly communicating shifts that take players out of position..i.e.. Lions TD and first play of the Seattle game. There is no way Sherwood cant do what Mosley does at a fraction of the cost. We already suck against the run...it can't get worse while saving money. Otherwise just draft a solid LB on day 2 and move Sherwood to Kwons spot. Sherwood at play. 

P.U.  Don't like it at all. If the Jets do anything at all in the first round is move down. Your first round choice has short arms and it is already being banded about that he will be converted to a guard. So I'm not buying the hype on this guy, sure he's a good player a plug and play candidate. But at 13 the Jets could find themselves a gem and still pick up a few pick later on in the draft.

Lets be clear about this years draft, it is potentially more important than what the Jets did last year when they hit it out of the park and had perhaps the best draft in team history from top to bottom.

So the bar is high, can the Jets hit on this years crop of players like they did last year?

So we come to the obvious, the Jets need to shore up the offensive line. We all have knowledge that the tackle position is shaky at best, with a ton of unknowns from Becton to Mitchell. So we can all see the Jets draft a T sometime during the draft. Some may even argue it has to be the first pick of the draft.

But this draft is deep in tackles and you could see the Jets grab one in round 2 depending on who is available in round 1. There are a few blue chip LB's available in round 1 guys who can cover OR have we forgotten how easy it was to run on the Jets with teams averaging about 150 yds a game against them the last 6 games.

We need LB'er help. Another need is C since Mangold retired we have not replaced him and the last few years the fan base has been crying out for one, and year after year the Jets neglect this position. 

So we have T, C, LB, probably the 3 most important positions of need on our team. Then there is BH, are we going to go into the season with an unknown at RB? It took the Giants SB two years to come back into form. Can the Jets afford to go into the season with an unknown at RB? 

Lets face it, our RB room was underwhelming after BH got injured, so IMHO the Jets have to draft another RB who is a difference maker. None of the RB's on this team as it stands now can be considered RB2. In fact they have regressed, perhaps it was because of our OL, MLF, OR a combination of the two or all 3.

But one thing is clear, our OL and RB positions are clearly question marks at best, and it doesn't matter who's throwing the ball. If you can't protect the QB, then the odds are you're not going to be able to open up holes for the RB's to be effective. 

So any of the following is fine with me, especially if it means drafting down. T,C,LB....LB, C, T, ...T, LB, C, .... then no later than the 4th round RB. 

I do have a favorite Chase Brown at RB. 

38 minutes ago, Big T said:

P.U.  Don't like it at all. If the Jets do anything at all in the first round is move down. Your first round choice has short arms and it is already being banded about that he will be converted to a guard. So I'm not buying the hype on this guy, sure he's a good player a plug and play candidate. But at 13 the Jets could find themselves a gem and still pick up a few pick later on in the draft.

Lets be clear about this years draft, it is potentially more important than what the Jets did last year when they hit it out of the park and had perhaps the best draft in team history from top to bottom.

So the bar is high, can the Jets hit on this years crop of players like they did last year?

So we come to the obvious, the Jets need to shore up the offensive line. We all have knowledge that the tackle position is shaky at best, with a ton of unknowns from Becton to Mitchell. So we can all see the Jets draft a T sometime during the draft. Some may even argue it has to be the first pick of the draft.

But this draft is deep in tackles and you could see the Jets grab one in round 2 depending on who is available in round 1. There are a few blue chip LB's available in round 1 guys who can cover OR have we forgotten how easy it was to run on the Jets with teams averaging about 150 yds a game against them the last 6 games.

We need LB'er help. Another need is C since Mangold retired we have not replaced him and the last few years the fan base has been crying out for one, and year after year the Jets neglect this position. 

So we have T, C, LB, probably the 3 most important positions of need on our team. Then there is BH, are we going to go into the season with an unknown at RB? It took the Giants SB two years to come back into form. Can the Jets afford to go into the season with an unknown at RB? 

Lets face it, our RB room was underwhelming after BH got injured, so IMHO the Jets have to draft another RB who is a difference maker. None of the RB's on this team as it stands now can be considered RB2. In fact they have regressed, perhaps it was because of our OL, MLF, OR a combination of the two or all 3.

But one thing is clear, our OL and RB positions are clearly question marks at best, and it doesn't matter who's throwing the ball. If you can't protect the QB, then the odds are you're not going to be able to open up holes for the RB's to be effective. 

So any of the following is fine with me, especially if it means drafting down. T,C,LB....LB, C, T, ...T, LB, C, .... then no later than the 4th round RB. 

I do have a favorite Chase Brown at RB. 

I never do trades in my mock. For me it makes it too unrealistic