positional priority  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which position needs to be filled the most for next year

• DE
    • DT
    • WR
    • LB
    • FS

I believe we get a compensatory pick in the 3rd (around 100)  I would love if Mazi Smith  DT Michigan was there.  He has a little push in the pass game, and I believe is stout enough in the run.  I think I read somewhere he does 22 reps on the bench

of 325

Maybe the gun issue has him drop a bit.....

48 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I don’t think we switch to a 34 

All the guys we’re interviewing are 43 guys. 

You don’t draft all these little LBs to switch to a 34. I think our FO is smart enough to stay with a 4 man front.  

I don’t think the 3-4 v 4-3 debate is as relevant as it once was.

First, you don’t need to be a 2 gap a 3-4.  

Second, most coaches run some combo of the two.

Just get a guy that can build his scheme around the talent, understand how to get pressure and confuse quarterbacks on the back end and how to get the front 7 to crack heads in the run game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t think the 3-4 v 4-3 debate is as relevant as it once was.

First, you don’t need to be a 2 gap a 3-4.  

Second, most coaches run some combo of the two.

Just get a guy that can build his scheme around the talent, understand how to get pressure and confuse quarterbacks on the back end and how to get the front 7 to crack heads in the run game.

We are a fat dt and a DC away from being good enough vs the run.

• Like 2

1.26 Greg Newsome. I liked his rookie year and year 2 he seemed wasted in the slot. He didnt make many plays but never seemed to let up a busted coverage. middling pick

2.52 JOK. amazing rookie year and average 2nd year. He needs big DTs in front of him, it doesnt work with these 290 pound guys. Optimistic about the man, the player, he is scheme dependent. 

3.91 anthony Schwartz.  hated it at the time, I havent warmed up. too easily hurt, his speed isnt as good as it is on paper. 

4.110 Has not bee na good starter, could develop, like the pick.

4.132 Tommy Togiai. Seems like a good dude, but has been terrible at playing football. He is a nose tackle that is just too small to play nose/ 

5.153 Tony fields. he has been very good for a 5th rounder. Out played JOK this year, has been fire on sts too. Good pick. 

5.169 Richard lecounte, had a great pre season first two years, but got cut. He was worth the risk.

6.211 Demetric Felton. He looked good year one and awful year 2. unless he does something he will be cut. 

24 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

1.26 Greg Newsome. I liked his rookie year and year 2 he seemed wasted in the slot. He didnt make many plays but never seemed to let up a busted coverage. middling pick

2.52 JOK. amazing rookie year and average 2nd year. He needs big DTs in front of him, it doesnt work with these 290 pound guys. Optimistic about the man, the player, he is scheme dependent. 

I’m bullish on both of these dudes.  

3.91 anthony Schwartz.  hated it at the time, I havent warmed up. too easily hurt, his speed isnt as good as it is on paper. 

same.  Unless he makes huge strides I don’t see how he can be on the roster.  He doesn’t do anything well.

4.110 Has not bee na good starter, could develop, like the pick.

Solid depth.  Still seems like more of a G than T.

4.132 Tommy Togiai. Seems like a good dude, but has been terrible at playing football. He is a nose tackle that is just too small to play nose/ 

he’s another one who’s gonna need to improve to be on the roster.

5.153 Tony fields. he has been very good for a 5th rounder. Out played JOK this year, has been fire on sts too. Good pick. 

He flashed a lot this season.  I’m a fan.

5.169 Richard lecounte, had a great pre season first two years, but got cut. He was worth the risk.

meh, 7th rounder that didn’t work out.  Oh well.

6.211 Demetric Felton. He looked good year one and awful year 2. unless he does something he will be cut. 

Not worth a roster spot.  Not physical enough to be a RB, not good enough at WR to make it there

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Or a JJ watt 3-4 end. He should be fine in either role. If watt, von Miller and khali Mack and play in the 3-4 so can Myles. 

Garrett is probably better as a pure rusher than those three guys but I don't think he'd be as good otherwise. Not that Von was great otherwise but Garrett's change of direction at his size just isn't up to par.

Our offense next year (at the moment) accounts for 166 million dollars. Bucs' offense is at 170. There are three teams at around 135 million. We are $50 million over the other 28 teams for offensive payroll. The Seahawks team payroll is 170 million.

I don't think we do much of anything on offense in free agency, just a JAG (just a just a guy?) here or there. We may be able to get one mid tier starter on defense somewhere. Probably in the 8-10 million range or grab a couple lower tier guys.

It should be pretty uneventful minus the draft. We may try to gain picks though, whether trading players or future picks.

10 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Our offense next year (at the moment) accounts for 166 million dollars. Bucs' offense is at 170. There are three teams at around 135 million. We are $50 million over the other 28 teams for offensive payroll. The Seahawks team payroll is 170 million.

I don't think we do much of anything on offense in free agency, just a JAG (just a just a guy?) here or there. We may be able to get one mid tier starter on defense somewhere. Probably in the 8-10 million range or grab a couple lower tier guys.

It should be pretty uneventful minus the draft. We may try to gain picks though, whether trading players or future picks.

That is a wild number le like 75% of the cap. 

I imagine there will he some shifting around of money. A Watson restructure at least.

16 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Garrett is probably better as a pure rusher than those three guys but I don't think he'd be as good otherwise. Not that Von was great otherwise but Garrett's change of direction at his size just isn't up to par.

Let's just say I disagree. Myles is an athletic freak and could really play in any scheme.