17 members have voted

1. 1. Which position needs to be filled the most for next year

• DE
    • DT
    • WR
    • LB
    • FS

8 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Defenses aren’t as cookie cutter as they once were. At least, when it comes to Garrett’s use, I wouldn’t be too caught up in 3-4 vs 4-3. In whatever scheme, they are going to come up with the matchups to use his skill set. 

Regardless of the scheme he’s gonna be rushing the passer 90% of the time and typically from the edge.  It’s a non issue imo.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Defenses aren’t as cookie cutter as they once were. At least, when it comes to Garrett’s use, I wouldn’t be too caught up in 3-4 vs 4-3. In whatever scheme, they are going to come up with the matchups to use his skill set. 

Tbh we might even have some 3-4 DE types on the roster with some of our now useless DTs. We’d need a true nose or two, but IMO we do anyway.

• Like 1

I'm looking at the list of FAs this offseason 

We have to find a way to get Daron Payne. I just makes way too much sense. 

Some other players I like

D'Onta Foreman

Parris Campbell - I think he could be that slot/deep speed threat we need. He's definitely got the speed and has proven to be adequate catching the deep ball

Javon Hargrave / Dre'Mont Jones, Dalvin Tomlinson - I think we need at NT more than a 3 tech because I do believe in Winfrey as our 3 tech of the future. Daron Payne and Tomlinson are my ideal type signings. 

Tremaine Edmunds!!! - I dont see Buffalo letting him go, but if he does become available he'd be a must get for me if possible. Huge size, production, and hes extremely young. He'd be right up under Payne as my number 2 target. 

Bryon Murphy - If he'd be open to it I'd love to see if he would be open to switch to free safety. I think he could be a pro bowl centerfielder if he was open to the position switch. 

Jessie Bates - If we can't get Daron we've got to get Bates. He's the true centerfield FS we've been lacking. Having a player like Bates with real range would help turn Delphit into a better in the box type player. 

This offseason I've looking quality over quantity. You've got some top tier talent in FA that usually doesn't get there. If you can free up the money which we should have some based on Clowney, Kareem, and others coming off the books. Give me two of Payne, Edmunds, and Bates. You do that and this defense will look dramatically better. Sign Campbell and then we can draft a defensive end round 2. 

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Tbh we might even have some 3-4 DE types on the roster with some of our now useless DTs. We’d need a true nose or two, but IMO we do anyway.

We also would need two starting 5-Techs if we're going to a 3-4. I know we'd be in Nickel primarily, but we still have zero 5-tech bodies on this team aside from maybe Alex Wright.

9 minutes ago, brownie man said:

D'Onta Foreman

Yeah, but we don't need him. He's not worth whatever he is gonna cost, even if it's minor.

Parris Campbell - I think he could be that slot/deep speed threat we need. He's definitely got the speed and has proven to be adequate catching the deep ball

He would be lovely and a perfect addition to our current group.

Javon Hargrave / Dre'Mont Jones, Dalvin Tomlinson - I think we need at NT more than a 3 tech because I do believe in Winfrey as our 3 tech of the future. Daron Payne and Tomlinson are my ideal type signings. 

These dudes are all gonna cost way too much money. Maybe not Jones, but that's because he's not really good.

Tremaine Edmunds!!! - I dont see Buffalo letting him go, but if he does become available he'd be a must get for me if possible. Huge size, production, and hes extremely young. He'd be right up under Payne as my number 2 target. 

Edmunds is not very good. He's a freak, but his diagnosing skills are atrocious. No thanks.

Bryon Murphy - If he'd be open to it I'd love to see if he would be open to switch to free safety. I think he could be a pro bowl centerfielder if he was open to the position switch. 

He could be. However, the Cardinals have some cap to play with and a pretty substantial hole at CB if they were to lose Murphy. Highly doubt he hits the market...nor do I see us investing big money in a player that we plan on hoping can play a new position.

Jessie Bates - If we can't get Daron we've got to get Bates. He's the true centerfield FS we've been lacking. Having a player like Bates with real range would help turn Delphit into a better in the box type player. 

Bates would be amazing, but he's going to break the bank if he leaves Cinci. He's not coming here.

I think we do have to go quantity over quality to a degree. I'd rather have two solid players that will play hard and fit a new culture rather than 1 star that's going to eat away at the remaining pennies we will have to spend in FA.

I'd rather get Matt Ioannidis & Greg Gaines to play DT before I would pay Daron Payne the same amount of $$ that we could pay the both of them.

• Like 1

Other problem:

This draft sucks for what the Browns need. I think we're getting 1 starter, maybe 2 if we're really lucky.

There will be a "dude" there in the 2nd round. After that, I really don't like this draft class. It's devoid of later round talent at WR, DE, DT, LB, and S.

The sweet spot in this draft is early R2.

2 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Other problem:

This draft sucks for what the Browns need. I think we're getting 1 starter, maybe 2 if we're really lucky.

There will be a "dude" there in the 2nd round. After that, I really don't like this draft class. It's devoid of later round talent at WR, DE, DT, LB, and S.

The sweet spot in this draft is early R2.

Any OT’s in the middle rounds? Or TE’s Bryant is a JAG so far

2 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Any OT’s in the middle rounds? Or TE’s Bryant is a JAG so far

I do like Zion Nelson as a project tackle. He sucks right now, but has a ton of tools for a late-round prospect.
Blake Freeland is another toolsy guy who isn't ready right now.
The Wisconsin tackle Jack Nelson is intriguing, but I am always in love with Wisconsin tackles, no matter how many times they hurt me.

That's about it. The other intriguing later round guys all went back to school.

For the tight ends?

Will Mallory is an awesome receiving TE prospect, but is not mentally tough enough to block in-line despite having some size to him.
Jahleel Billingsley has been one of the best athletes in CFB for the past 3 years, but is apparently a punk and can't be trusted. 1st round talent, UDFA brain & attitude.
Parker Durham from Purdue seems like a scheme fit. He's a big TE that can block some, has strong hands, and understands how to settle into zones. Meh athlete.

I don't really like the class for TE's outside of the #1 guy, who is as good as you'll ever find with Mayer.

3 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Not sure if the Browns feel the same way but unfortunately LT is a need.

I would settle for someone with a pulse 

It is. Unfortunately LTs come at a very high price. Either a high pick which we don’t have or in a trade that will cost a lot of picks which we don’t have. 

Deandre Hopkins is available and of course he has chemistry with Watson.  How about trading Johnson and 3rd rounder in 2023 and 5th rounder in 2024?  Also Browns will be looking for veterans who are motivated.